Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hawk Fan here

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: Hawk Fan here

I don't know but it still sounds like both seahawks fans that are responding here still think the Rams are pushovers. I do believe you are in for a hard fought game win or lose this team will no longer just roll over. I sure hope Carroll and company view the Rams like the 2 of you do.

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    I don't know but it still sounds like both seahawks fans that are responding here still think the Rams are pushovers. I do believe you are in for a hard fought game win or lose this team will no longer just roll over. I sure hope Carroll and company view the Rams like the 2 of you do.
    Where in the heck do you get that?? Sure the Hawks have a winning streak going, but even in the "off years" for the Rams these have always been hard fought games, ESPECIALLY games in St Louis. Remember also that the Hawks have had trouble winning on the road and at 10AM PST and I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch.

But the simple fact of the matter is that if any fans are underestimating the other team right now, it is you guys underestimating the Hawks. I've got a lot of respect for Bradford, for SJax, for Clayton, for your D, for Spags....but to hear some of you guys talk the Hawks all you have to do is stop Leon Washington and it is a W for the Rams.

I hate to break it to you, especially the Pete Carroll haters, but this is a really well coached team right now, and one that is gelling - The Hawks are going to come to play on Sunday, and you guys are in for a real battle - May the best team win

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tez2010 View Post
    You'd be wise to keep it away from Leon, but I'm sure that's the practice this week. How is Josh Brown doing these days? Used to like that little guy but Mare is much better at kicking it out of the endzone.

I got Golden Tate marked down for a return for six on you, though. He's been close to breaking one multiple times the last two weeks - I'm feelin' like the dome is the place that he'll cut lose.

Chris Clemons and Earl Thomas will be coming for your boy Bradford and his passes, respectively!!
    STs could well be a key factor. The Rams coverage units and blocking have been shaky. Lots of injuries at the bottom end of the roster will do that.Brown is overpaid but he's still a good kicker. I'd like to see more touchbacks from a guy kicking in a dome, though.

I watched most of the SD game. Tate is a lively one, for sure, but a bit reckless with his body which could shorten his career. I still think Carlson poses the greatest threat. The Rams did a good job on Cooley last Sunday & a similar effort would help their chances immensely,imo.

I also hope Carroll keeps his head up his wazoo & pounds Forsett inside all day again. I'm a Cal fan so I love the guy but he is just the sort of outside runner who has given The Rams nightmares( Hightower, McFadden) on the edge.

Our OTs are green but both are better than Dumbolini or whatever McNeill's stand-in was called & the OL in general is heallthy and starting to really jel so I'm not sure that Clemons will have an easy time.The hawks still have a good front seven but, for once, I like The Rams chances of winning that upfront struggle. I also think Bradford is more mobile than Rivers & is accurate on the run. He is a rookie & makes mistakes but they are usually aggressive ones. He's been blitzed incessantly & made believers out of many, inc me, who doubted his readiness to read & react fast enough to NFL defenses so early.I think he completed passes to at least eight different guys last game. In a way, the lack of a focal point in the pass game has become a bit of a weapon; hard to know who he'll throw to & ,perhaps even more importantly, he keeps on coming even after a gaffe.

The Rams D has improved substantially although I don't share my friend Infiniti's faith in the ability of our front four to get pressure. In fact, I think if the Hags O-line is shuffled to get Okung & Pitts back on the field, I think testing that cohesion with Spagnuolo's specialty, the blitz, is all the more important.Hasselbeck can still pick you apart with time but he can't,imo, improv on the run like he used to & The Rams have also been a lot better defensively in the RZ so far; allowing about 27% TDs, and on 3rd down; 32% conversions allowed . If you're going to claim the same about The Hawks, I suggest you watch that sad sequence when SD actually scored on four consecutive plays.If that had been a practice drill, I think the entire D would have been running laps.

I think both teams got some breaks to win their last game & are seriously flawed & injuries are piling up so neither side winning would surprise me. I do think Darby can fill in for Jackson well enough to keep The Rams balanced & allow Sam and some more solid team defense to be the difference. Unless Seattle gets a lot more out of their run game, I think the home team takes this one.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Someone took a shot at our receivers up thread, but besides Clayton, who are the Rams throwing to? I expect you'll be going receiver next draft?
    Danny "White Chocolate" Amendola. It's 3rd down, want a clutch catch? Amendola's ball. Brandon Gibson stepped in fairly well for Laurent Robinson last week.

We have been using the TEs a fair bit as well. Watch out for Fendi Onobun and Daniel Fells. Its just a shame Michael Hoomanawanui is injured.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

After watching Bradford in person this past Sunday, I am surprised at how well he plays (and I followed him through OU). His decision-making has been remarkable. Send in a blitz? He either gets the ball to the flat immediately. He is cool under pressure and he can move around when needed.

Jackson not playing will be a big blow for us.

Our receivers need to catch more of the passes. Bradford would have easily been over 300 yards if a few more passes would have been caught that should have been caught. Still, our receiver corp as it existed this past Sunday is not very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_CW View Post
    Yeah, that Chris Clemmons - Considering that he has 2 sacks so far in 3 games this year (one of which, the San Francisco game, he didn't record a sack but hit Alex Smith 9 times) I'd say that he's finally found a scheme he can succeed in.

Listen, I'm not the guy who was talking some light smack up thread, but at least we can back up our "feelings" and predictions with some stats showing improvement

It's still early. James Hall has 2 sacks in 3 games so far, too, but the last time he put up more than 6.5 sacks in a season was in 2005. I'd have to say I'm tempering my expectations for both of them in light of past history. I can't say either of our teams has a particularly fearsome pass rush.

But the simple fact of the matter is that if any fans are underestimating the other team right now, it is you guys underestimating the Hawks. I've got a lot of respect for Bradford, for SJax, for Clayton, for your D, for Spags....but to hear some of you guys talk the Hawks all you have to do is stop Leon Washington and it is a W for the Rams.

I hate to break it to you, especially the Pete Carroll haters, but this is a really well coached team right now, and one that is gelling - The Hawks are going to come to play on Sunday, and you guys are in for a real battle - May the best team win
    We'll see. I'm pretty skeptical of Carroll as a pro coach. Sometimes, guys do better their second (or third) time around, but I think Carroll's real strength is in recruiting and building the organization as a whole. His whole "I'm a competitor" schtick is total cheese. Some of us may think the Seahawks aren't very talented and have made a questionable decision in hiring Carroll, but I don't think many Rams fans are taking this game for granted. We've lost to bad Seahawks teams before. There can be little question that both teams were utterly awful last year, and we still got swept in the season series.

Tez2010 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    STs could well be a key factor. The Rams coverage units and blocking have been shaky.

I also hope Carroll keeps his head up his wazoo & pounds Forsett inside all day again.

In a way, the lack of a focal point in the pass game has become a bit of a weapon; hard to know who he'll throw to & ,perhaps even more importantly, he keeps on coming even after a gaffe.

If you're going to claim the same about The Hawks, I suggest you watch that sad sequence when SD actually scored on four consecutive plays.If that had been a practice drill, I think the entire D would have been running laps.

I think both teams got some breaks to win their last game & are seriously flawed & injuries are piling up so neither side winning would surprise me. QUOTE]
    Hey, great info, and points here, thanx. That's the stuff.

Special Teams - I was wondering about that and for those who think I'm looking past the Rams: I'm hoping for special teams TDs...that's about all you need to know about my confidence. This game is an easy 50-50 split. I'm not gambling money on it.

Forsett running inside - I'm with you here. I'm a Carroll fan, but putting Forsett up the middle so many times perplexes me. Maybe we will see Leon on the field for those situations this game with Forsett outside.

Lack of focal receiver: A couple times a season, the Hawks are great at some no namer having a career game on us, maybe it will be one of those guys with a breakout game. I look forward to seeing who you have.

The D gave up a lot in the 4th quarter last week, but I have to cut them some slack as they were on the field almost the entire game. The offense was struggling and Leon was putting them right back out there with no rest. We need the offense to give them a rest.

Breaks - Haven't seen a Rams game, but yes, the Seahawks got some necessary breaks. If they can catch breaks while they are getting all the new-ness together, I'll take them all day long.
    Last edited by Tez2010; -09-30-2010 at 09:43 AM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Wasn't trying to be arrogant - I started this thread so I hardly came in to be arrogant if you read through, quite the opposite, I'll gladly cop to our weaknesses.

Let's say "I hope" in front of that stuff...is that better?

To answer your dig; Curry is up and down. I would like to see him more consistent and come along faster, but he's not a bust yet either.

Trufant and Curry did not practice today...that is a plus for the Rams if those guys are out.

Someone took a shot at our receivers up thread, but besides Clayton, who are the Rams throwing to? I expect you'll be going receiver next draft?
    It's just funny, because many Seattle fans seem to believe that the Seahawks have actually accomplished something to put them in position where they believe this is a game the Seahawks should win ...

You've made it clear you have not watched the Rams this season, right? Enough said ...

Our second leading receiver, Amendola, has more catches and yards than any player on your team ....

Our collection of tight ends, which are interchangable, have as many receptions, yards, and TD's as the only TE that you use ...

And we have backs that can catch the rock out of the backfield ...

You should probably be concerned about your own lack of receiving talent before criticizing ours ...

Tez2010 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    It's just funny, because many Seattle fans seem to believe that the Seahawks have actually accomplished something to put them in position where they believe this is a game the Seahawks should win ...

You've made it clear you have not watched the Rams this season, right? Enough said ...

Our second leading receiver, Amendola, has more catches and yards than any player on your team ....

Our collection of tight ends, which are interchangable, have as many receptions, yards, and TD's as the only TE that you use ...

And we have backs that can catch the rock out of the backfield ...

You should probably be concerned about your own lack of receiving talent before criticizing ours ...
    Do you really believe that? Seems like you are just trying to start trash talk.

If that's how you want to roll, drop me one more like this and then it's on you. Otherwise, don't put words in our mouths.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

You are KIND OF remembering it correctly, here is how it actually broke down:

The Rams led 16-14 early in the 4th quarter. 3rd and 6 from the 18-yard line. Bulger throws a pass to Curtis at the 13. The pass is ruled incomplete. Wilkins comes in and kicks a FG to make it 19-14, but right before they snapped the ball, the Rams flew the flag to challenge the play. It was overturned, as they said Curtis made the catch. Okay, it is now 4th and 1, and Linehan decides to go for it.

So, with a 4th and 1 at a critical point, and with guys like Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Steven Jackson on your team, Linehan calls for a pass to a rookie TE named Joe Klopfenstein, who has 9 catches this year, and what happens? Klopfenstein makes the wrong turn in the end zone, and the pass falls incomplete.

The result is the Seahawks ended up winning 24-22.
    Thanks for ripping that old scar open again! Ahhh now the nightmares are going to comeback!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Do you really believe that? Seems like you are just trying to start trash talk.

If that's how you want to roll, drop me one more like this and then it's on you. Otherwise, don't put words in our mouths.
    Do I believe what? I provided you with a bunch of FACTS. You're simply here promoting garbage about how it's Golden Tate's week to bust a return, as if he'll bust one every couple weeks, and how we should fear Chris Clemons ....

I don't fear your gibberish, and nothing is on me, except the reek of your attitude.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I know opposing fans on both sides can get a little excited when discussing an upcoming game, but this thread looks like it may be heading in the wrong direction. Let's try to keep it relatively civil guys.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Do I believe what? I provided you with a bunch of FACTS. You're simply here promoting garbage about how it's Golden Tate's week to bust a return, as if he'll bust one every couple weeks, and how we should fear Chris Clemons ....

I don't fear your gibberish, and nothing is on me, except the reek of your attitude.
    RI, you da man. And God knows I love ya.

But I really don't think our friends from the Great Northwest meant any disrespect.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
    If Leon Washington didn't get those two easy ones against the Chargers s/t, that game may have ended a lot different.
    I just hope we don't give up TDs on returns. Our coverage teams are not as good as I'd hoped they'd be.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

MACD is offline Registered User

Tez and Chrome....we suck. Bradford's spending more time watching the cheerleaders than film. SJ's faking a groin injury 'cause he doesn't want to face the Hawk's D. Our receivers are running routes like the Keystone Kops. The D is so porous Fat Albert could walk through it. Trust me. Pass this on to the Seahawk players: They can mail it in. Thank you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast