Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hawk Fan here

Rich86 is offline Registered User

Re: Hawk Fan here

i would definitely not call leon washington's kickoff returns easy by any means. he broke several tackles on those plays, really gutsy player. but it should be a good. this game is light years past the way they played in week 1.

supachump is offline Registered User

I'm not one to get overly excited after -1- !! win. Especially on this losing streak we've had. I'm hoping we are on the rise and going the right direction. But, I need to see a few more wins before I get too carried away.

I mean, we beat a Skins team that isn't all that great. And then we got beat by Cough, Oakland, Cough.

But, at the same time. Seattle isn't fielding a very good team either. So I'm hopeful, but not confident we will pull this out.

I'm not a fan of Seattle fans, so I would like nothing more than to see them cry.

LeonardLittlesLiver is offline Registered User

I'm sure the players and coaches from either team could careless what is posted on a message board and aren't taking anything from either team for granted. Each coach is well aware of what the other team does well and doesn't do well when implementing their game plan.

I will just say it now, I think the Rams are going to win, by a bunch and I will explain why later.

Every year, I click the link from the Seahawk forum to this forum to read about what is going on and every year I read the same thing.

Rams are going to win
    Rams are a different team now
    Blitz Hasselbeck and rattle him

Then since 2005, somehow, someway, for some reason the Seahawks win.

Don't bother reading stat lines or looking at highlights, they aren't telling of what Seahawk football has been like this year. The Hawks can move the ball and have done so in all 3 games this season. The fact that they haven't really needed to put up big numbers is reflective of their big plays on defense and special teams. None of that matters, no Ram poster that I can remember has ever picked any team but the Rams to win any of the games against the Hawks.

There are those that believe bringing pressure is going to rattle Hasselbeck, Do you REALLY believe that? I mean really, this guy has been starting now for 8 years as the Hawks QB, has seen it before and to add has seen it from the Rams now for 4 straight seasons, especially in STL. So the last few seasons the Rams brought lots of pressure, how has that worked out for you? Something tells me that Matt Hasselbeck will respect the Rams pass rush and have an answer. Sure, they'll get there a few times as they have in the past, but then again, there is going to be a few times they won't.

My belief that the Rams are going to win this game big are not based on X's and O's, or Brad Samford, Sam Stafford, Matthew Bradford or whatever his name is (Just kidding guys) or Hasselbeck's pressure. None of it ever has, these games, while typically won by Seattle, have traditionally been very competitive, very close and very entertaining to watch. Heck, remember the old days? The shootouts we used to have? I mean all that Martz/Holmgren offense out on the field, back and forth high flying, high scoring affairs? just go back to the Frerotte snap, the Josh Brown kicks, the Deion Branch catches late in the game or the Burleson kick return. There were some close games in that 10 game win streak.

This game is won by the Rams because they are due, period. 10 times is just too many games, 5 straight years of losses is too long. The football gods know it and this game will play out as it should, a big W for the blue and gold. As a Seahawk fan, I acknowledge this action as required simply because the Rams fan deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    and how we should fear Chris Clemons ....
    If I was the coaching staff, owner, general manager, fan or Sam himself, I would...... But then, the "stats" tell it all don't they

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLittlesLiver View Post
    If I was the coaching staff, owner, general manager, fan or Sam himself, I would...... But then, the "stats" tell it all don't they
    Nah, the coaches are probably the ones who would know best...which might be why Clemons is playing on his 4th team in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Nah, the coaches are probably the ones who would know best...which might be why Clemons is playing on his 4th team in the last 5 years.
    Oh, OK. Now that's a fact with credence. So really, never mind, I'm sure he won't be a factor.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I'm sure the players and coaches from either team could careless what is posted on a message board and aren't taking anything from either team for granted. Each coach is well aware of what the other team does well and doesn't do well when implementing their game plan.

I will just say it now, I think the Rams are going to win, by a bunch and I will explain why later.

Every year, I click the link from the Seahawk forum to this forum to read about what is going on and every year I read the same thing.

Rams are going to win

Then since 2005, somehow, someway, for some reason the Seahawks win.

Don't bother reading stat lines or looking at highlights, they aren't telling of what Seahawk football has been like this year. The Hawks can move the ball and have done so in all 3 games this season. The fact that they haven't really needed to put up big numbers is reflective of their big plays on defense and special teams. None of that matters, no Ram poster that I can remember has ever picked any team but the Rams to win any of the games against the Hawks.

There are those that believe bringing pressure is going to rattle Hasselbeck, Do you REALLY believe that? I mean really, this guy has been starting now for 8 years as the Hawks QB, has seen it before and to add has seen it from the Rams now for 4 straight seasons, especially in STL. So the last few seasons the Rams brought lots of pressure, how has that worked out for you? Something tells me that Matt Hasselbeck will respect the Rams pass rush and have an answer. Sure, they'll get there a few times as they have in the past, but then again, there is going to be a few times they won't.

My belief that the Rams are going to win this game big are not based on X's and O's, or Brad Samford, Sam Stafford, Matthew Bradford or whatever his name is (Just kidding guys) or Hasselbeck's pressure. None of it ever has, these games, while typically won by Seattle, have traditionally been very competitive, very close and very entertaining to watch. Heck, remember the old days? The shootouts we used to have? I mean all that Martz/Holmgren offense out on the field, back and forth high flying, high scoring affairs? just go back to the Frerotte snap, the Josh Brown kicks, the Deion Branch catches late in the game or the Burleson kick return. There were some close games in that 10 game win streak.

This game is won by the Rams because they are due, period. 10 times is just too many games, 5 straight years of losses is too long. The football gods know it and this game will play out as it should, a big W for the blue and gold. As a Seahawk fan, I acknowledge this action as required simply because the Rams fan deserves it.
    Your first point is obvious & I don't see many, if any here, claiming that our comments could or would affect the game.

No idea who WILL win. Both teams have undergone & continue to undergo major changes & both their performances have been very uneven in the few games that have been played so far.I don't think I'm alone in that opinion,looking over the thread.In fact, I see virtually no claims that The Rams are in for anything but a challenge. I doubt it was any different last year. No one expected the abysmal egg they laid in the first game but I doubt there were many claims that a win was a probability, never mind a certainty.Double ditto for the second game when our roster included about 20 UDFA and half the starters were either on IR or playing seriously hurt. ClanRam just isn't that ignorant of the game.Sure, we have our rah-rah extremists & we all enjoy gettin' a good hate on for a division rival but please...don't imply this is a board, or even a thread, of mindless homers...that IS not factual, just condescending propaganda.

The Rams HAVE been a different team each time the Hawks have played them; they just haven't been a BETTER team...lol...

Blitzing Hasselbeck IS a good strategy; The Rams just haven't done it that effectively.Nobody in this thread has used the term "rattle" him. It's about strategy, not schoolbully tactics.Again, you're just taking baseless potshots. There's plenty of respect for Hasselbeck here & nobody is challenging his manhood. Don't be childish.

Bit there is the fact that he wasn't very good in the last game vs The Rams; about a 100yds passing,IIRC. It was the running game that did the damage, not to mention some pretty yucky QBing by Boller and a matching pair of colanders masquerading as offensive and defensive lines .But let's get relevant to THIS game, THIS week, shall we? In the last two games, I have seen Hass miss more passes on the move than ever. He's still better than most & Williams' surprising renaissance has helped but he's not the guy Ionce saw throw a TD pass on a rope...sidearm.

We Rams fans know a fading QB when we see one, trust me....lol...

Hass won't be the reason you lose a lot of games but he won't win many without the Twelfth Man of Qwest either & he hasn't for more than a year except against The Rams.

His numbers, btw, are almost identical to Bradford's-a rookie playing entirely without his #1 & mostly without his #2 WR and 3 of the 4 TEs of the original 54 kept for this season's opener .What's your rationalization for Hasselbeck's mediocre performance if not a blitz-susceptible line, fading improv skills, and inconsistent receiver performance/chemistry ?

I think you're still basking in the glow of a Whiner beatdown, not recent actual performance. Understandable; beating the Whiners is one of the best legal highs you can get.

The question is not whether to blitz but how are The Rams better equipped to get 'er done,imo.The Rams' front seven are better in several concrete ways than last year. Long has moved to LDE & has, despite constant double & triple-teams, been very disruptive in both pass rush & run defense.New addition Fred Robbins is getting penetration & has a couple of sacks ( in part due to Long). The caveat is that a couple of key rotational guys are out at DT. Laurinaitis at MLB has also improved from his solid rookie season ( he had, I believe 4 tackles for a loss last week ,a pass break-up & maybe even a sack, I forget.) The LBs in general( 2 new starters in Diggs and Grant) have been much better at gap fill between the tackles but have struggled outside at times. The Rams are overall physically bigger in the front seven as well. RDE is a problem but Hall, who was hurt through preseason, has been warming up & has a sack or two. In short, the Rams are at least as good & likely to pressure from outside as well as the second game last year but are demonstrably better in the middle. That is reflected in their RZ & 3rd down numbers I quoted earlier in the thread. Not great, by any means, & significantly injured right now, but better.

The biggest difference defensively has to be at CB. Bartell played hurt all last year & Fletcher , a promising rookie , was on IR by the second game.Neither Hill nor Q. Butler who started at CB in last years games are even on the team. Now both Fletcher & Bartell are healthy & have some support from Justin King and another rookie, Murphy, who got a pick in his first start.

So The Rams CAN bring DB or LB blitzes without exposing themselves as much as before.On the other hand, Atogwe is unlikely to play & his replacement,Dahl, is coming back from concussion so there's a weakness there, but The Rams shut down Cooley last Sun with a combo of players so Carlson will be challenged on Sun & hasn't been in sync with Hass so far, anyway. Long may it continue.

The Hawks may well be able to win with some turnovers and ST plays but they need to get more pressure against a better line & resist more pressure themselves. The Rams are not SD yet but they are improved. Imo, STs don't even have to score; just winning the field position battle will be a huge key since The Rams are possibly going to struggle to sustain long drives without SJ against a solid run defense.Not a given, though, when you consider that our preferred starting Oline is healthy and the Hawks defense has been so porous vs the pass, may be without Trufant and/or Curry, and our rookie QB can actually throw a TD pass.

I also miss those exciting games of a few years back. It's a shame that neither side is going to be at full strength or even what usually passes for it in the brutal course of an NFL season but this is as closely-matched an encounter we have seen for a while.

No, if The Rams win, it won't be because a hundred monkeys typing in a room will eventually type Hamlet. It'll be because The Hawks suck on the road, the blitzes actually get there in tandem with decent pass coverage which they have been doing with increasing frequency because of the aforementioned upgrades in personnel & just being in the second year of a system being increasingly called by an acknowledged defensive mind (Spags).

Plus,of course, all the other eternal truths of winning football like limiting penalties/mental mistakes and taking advantage of turnovers & they have been doing that as well. Not great yet but ,again, better.Maybe The Gods do smile favorably on teams that do that stuff. I know I do.

Well, lets see... you classify as poster number 2 and 3

Rams are going to win

Look, this is just silly. I tried to use sarcasm and humor in a place where there is a victim of a ten game beatdown. It isn't as complicated as previous performances or Stafford Bradsam's first win in 3 games, nor the mighty pass rush with our without your dirtiest player in Atogwe. It is about who gets the bounces and capitalizes on turnovers.

Your right in one thing, you know a declining QB, but to be declining, don't you have to be on top at some point? Bulger may have had some great games against us in 2002-2004, but still lost a couple of those and then never went anywhere.

And how dare a poster from a team that has beat the Rams 10 straight times post anything other than Pro-Ram information? Guys will come here, make one comment about hitting Brad Samford and them is fightin' words! Don't mess with that 1st round pick, who in 3 games has been labeled as "the real deal" Really? In 3 games that he lost 2? Why? because he LOOKS like a leader and you KNOW it is HIS team? OK.. but please don't get all down when he has a few more rookie moments.

See ya next year. Told ya you guys would finally get a win though., gotta give me the props for the pick right?

Well, lets see... you classify as poster number 2 and 3

Rams are going to win

Look, this is just silly. I tried to use sarcasm and humor in a place where there is a victim of a ten game beatdown. It isn't as complicated as previous performances or Stafford Bradsam's first win in 3 games, nor the mighty pass rush with our without your dirtiest player in Atogwe. It is about who gets the bounces and capitalizes on turnovers.

Your right in one thing, you know a declining QB, but to be declining, don't you have to be on top at some point? Bulger may have had some great games against us in 2002-2004, but still lost a couple of those and then never went anywhere.

And how dare a poster from a team that has beat the Rams 10 straight times post anything other than Pro-Ram information? Guys will come here, make one comment about hitting Brad Samford and them is fightin' words! Don't mess with that 1st round pick, who in 3 games has been labeled as "the real deal" Really? In 3 games that he lost 2? Why? because he LOOKS like a leader and you KNOW it is HIS team? OK.. but please don't get all down when he has a few more rookie moments.

See ya next year. Told ya you guys would finally get a win though., gotta give me the props for the pick right?
    Sigh... I see your reading skills are on a par with your manners, maturity, and football IQ.

I never said the The Rams WILL win nor could I find a poster who made that bald a statement here.Neither can you,apparently since you don't cite it.
    I never said blitzing will rattle Hasselbeck.

I actually deleted an entire paragraph in which I explained why I think blitzing a WCO QB like Hass is an effective strategy because I thought it was so obvious & too condescending.My bad. In short, you have to disrupt such an offense's short rhythmic passing game with pressure otherwise your D will be dink n' dunked until frustration sets in and safeties come up then..wham... deep pass to a TE or WR. You've been watching it for years, for goodness sake.And blitzing a rookie LT if Okung plays makes even more sense.Nor did I ever claim the Rams had a "mighty" pass rush.Quit making stuff up.

Speaking of silly, if you want to have a civil adult conversation on another team's board, don't mangle their QB's name every time you write it.And perhaps you should...gasp... watch that team's games before you comment on whether they are the same or different.I merely explained how the personnel has changed & how their recent form gives them a better chance,imo.If you prefer to rely on history & cheap digs at players who are no longer on the team,fine, but don't expect us to take it seriously as an argument as to why your team will win this Sunday.

I watched the Den game last night.I saw a sloppy Hawks team make lots of mental errors(false starts,etc), fail to defend their EZ at all, their coach make dubious decisions-take a deep shot at the EZ vs Champ Bailey on a 4th & 2 in the 3rd Q?! And a D that allowed something like 12 out of 15 3rd down conversions.A QB who threw INTs that were poor throws and decisions for a vet. Once again, Bradford is a rookie without experienced help at WR and TE. What's Hass' excuse?

Nobody expects you to make pro-Ram comments but some insight/opinion about how & why you think your team has played pretty poorly/well in whatever areas over the last two weeks would have been interesting.

Atogwe is a dirty player?! Incognito, I could understand, but OJ ?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-02-2010 at 04:46 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I knew this thread would eventually heat up. I'm ready for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Atogwe is a dirty player?! Incognito, I could understand, but OJ ?
    Yeah, not sure where that assessment came from. LeonardLittlesLiver was functioning fine until that point. Might be time for some dialysis?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I knew this thread would eventually heat up. I'm ready for the game.

Yeah, not sure where that assessment came from. LeonardLittlesLiver was functioning fine until that point. Might be time for some dialysis?
    I think it's too late for dialysis.And,just as in the actual Leonard Little's case, the main problem isn't in the liver; it's cerebral. I think we need to remove the brain from the anal cavity. Anybody got a blunt penknife I could borrow?

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Pivotal game for our season. If we beat the Hawks, we move forward , if we don't win, I will be skeptical. But this team is better and different. It showed on their faces when they won last week. It was joyous ,yet it was a (we can do this more often ) kind oflook from them. As for the Cranial removal from the anal cavity............Just cut at the neck and leave inserted!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

supachump is offline Registered User

I love how you qualify tomorrows game with this statement. So that no matter the outcome, you can come be victorious in your own mind. Rams win? Oh no. Not because they are an improving team or they outplayed Seattle. Because the law of averages caught up with them.

Another lame Seattle fan.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Other than "GO RAMS! Beat the Shehawks!", I am ready for the game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And POP goes the cork on the chianti...the fava beans are in the pan....now where's that liver......hmmmmm....I could have sworn it was just here....huh....oh well, I prefer filet mignon,anyway.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast