Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tez2010 is offline Registered User

Hawks Fan here, 2x in 4 weeks

Hey Rams fans,

Not here to trash talk. We get to see eachother twice here in the next month...wish we had the first home game!

It'll be interesting to see how your team does now that you've got some wins going, that first half of your schedule was brutal. Along with the injuries (seems like Hawks and Rams always get a lot more injuries, but I'm sure that's not the case)...

As for the Hawks, I think we are who we were supposed to be considering we entered the season with Tjack and Whitehurst. I've enjoyed the unexpected wins against the Giants (east coast on the road no less) and yesterday's Ravens win, but then there was the Browns game that was maybe the worst football game I've ever seen. Tjack hasn't been the apocolypse that was predicted, but he's more like a rookie than he should be also.

They are young and inconsistent, great then frustrating. Who knows which team you guys get. Odds are against us having two decent games in a row.

My rams impressions: Like most, I figured this was the Rams year. I was surprised that you guys didn't go after a WR like I thought you would. I know that Rice has some injury/consistency concerns, but I think he would have been a great fit for you guys. He really does make a difference out there. I think it's on our QBs that he's got lower numbers this year.

I've seen some questions on Bradford, but from a very outside view it doesn't seem like they did much for him this offseason. I could be wrong, but I'd still take him in a heartbeat. I think the lockout whacked both our young teams quite a bit more...(but that doesn't explain Niners, does it?). McDaniels is a big personality to bring in...I don't know.

Look forward to a great game and some back and forth with you guys. Feel free to give me crap, if you want. I'm happy to be competitive but still kind of suck this year, so we can get some more pieces for next year. We're out of the Luck competition since the Indy franchise has comitted to tanking it on purpose (hope that bites them in the ass).

What do you say?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Hawks Fan here, 2x in 4 weeks

Good to hear from you Tez2010. I'm expecting another low scoring game. Seems like both of our teams are decent on defense but leave alot to be desired on the offensive side of the ball. Good Luck but not this Sunday or Monday night 12/12. LOL!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

We don't trash round here, so you shouldn't be getting crap from anyone. We like informed and reasoned discussion though!

These two games will be massive, because I think both sets of fans see these games as some of the more winnable games left in the season. I think the Rams will give it a good go as the D has been playing strong recently, and Jackson has been beastly. But to win I think the Rams will need something from the passing game.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I do believe both of our teams have been snake-bit this year, and that we are equally matched. I do believe the schedule has a lot to do with our records so far. As far as what is going on with the 9ers, they are just playing good football, and that is VERY painful for me to say. I will say that I seriously doubt that they would be as good as they are if they had to play the same schedule the RAMs had. If I remember correctly, the Hawks' schedule has been almost as tough. That, realistically, was to be suspected because they did win the division last year, but it shouldn't have been an easier schedule that what the league gave the RAMs. It hasn't happened for decades, but lets hope the 9ers get a tough schedule next year, that tests their ability to get a good start out of the gate.

gap

Interesting on the schedule question. We play the same divisions but you guys did have a more front loaded. Basically the NFC east and AFC north are gonna be tough no matter what (and then the Bengals had to get all good, too).

Beyond those divisions and the NFC West, the two teams you guys had were the Packers and Saints, while we got the Bears and Falcons. That did seem odd at first glance...we won the division so should have had the tougher draw. But then I remembered that the Bears and Falcons finished ahead of both the Packers and Saints, even though the Pack went on to catch fire and win the SB.

So it makes sense if you factor in that the schedule doesn't consider the postseason. I'm glad we didn't have to play the Packers, but I'd gladly play the Saints again!

Who do we have to look out for from you guys? Other than Sjack, that is...

Right now I'm really high on Richard Sherman, our rookie CB (we are down to rookies and former CFL-er, penalty machine Brandon Browner) and our undrafted free agent Doug Baldwin who is our leading receiver. Look like Lynch might be clicking again after a slow start.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tez2010 View Post
    Interesting on the schedule question. We play the same divisions but you guys did have a more front loaded. Basically the NFC east and AFC north are gonna be tough no matter what (and then the Bengals had to get all good, too). Beyond those divisions and the NFC West, the two teams you guys had were the Packers and Saints, while we got the Bears and Falcons. That did seem odd at first glance...we won the division so should have had the tougher draw. But then I remembered that the Bears and Falcons finished ahead of both the Packers and Saints, even though the Pack went on to catch fire and win the SB. So it makes sense if you factor in that the schedule doesn't consider the postseason. I'm glad we didn't have to play the Packers, but I'd gladly play the Saints again! Who do we have to look out for from you guys? Other than Sjack, that is...Right now I'm really high on Richard Sherman, our rookie CB (we are down to rookies and former CFL-er, penalty machine Brandon Browner) and our undrafted free agent Doug Baldwin who is our leading receiver. Look like Lynch might be clicking again after a slow start.
    Lloyds the next guy to keep an eye on after Jackson. Dudes a proven #1. Hes very smart and over his years has come to understand the wide out position. With the lack of seperation our other receivers show every week, it gives me goosebumps to watch thid dude play. He runs beautiful routes and gets wide open then makes great catches. If you get a chance check out his beautiful one handed catch against the browns. He somehow stayed in bounds. His route was exceptional as he was wide open but Bradford led him a little to much. He also caught our only TD. Watch out for him he will get his targets and he can get behind secondaries.

That's right, you guys picked up Lloyd. that's a good pickup...he led the league last year, I think. Nice, but hopefully not this week!

I know what you mean - Tjack missed Rice on at least 1 and maybe two TD's by not leading him ENOUGH while he was wide open. Grrrr...

I'll watch for the highlight of the Lloyd catch.

I'm hoping the Hawks can mess up something for the Niners at the end of the season when they come to Seattle, you guys should target the same.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Lloyd Makes Spectacular Catch

Its worth the watch, but yeah, the Hawks need to key on him to slow down our offense.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Lloyd Makes Spectacular Catch

Its worth the watch, but yeah, the Hawks need to key on him to slow down our offense.
    I doubt they'll be able to. Either they put Brandon "Penalty" Browner on him, and we can expect at least 3 PI's on Browner and a holding or two. Or they play Richard Sherman on him and Lloyd absolutely takes him to school.

Doesn't matter to me which one is on him.

sadhappy is offline Registered User

Hey guys,

Another Seahawks fan here.

welp, looks like circumstances are different form the last time we met, and both teams are playing for pride and development rather than for the division and a playoff spot.

Bummer that your team has suffered so many injuries. We've had our share, but not nearly as bad. In years past it would have been a disaster, but the front office has done a great job of loading the roster with young depth, especially at cornerback and linebacker.

Our running game is starting to show signs of life, passing game not so much. too many drive killing penalties as well.

On defense we're difficult to run on, cover the short passes well, but seem to have trouble covering tight ends and occasionally get beat deep.

Here's a to a good game and no injuries. Cheers!

Injuries hit us at practice today. RT Carpenter went out due to a knee injury and Moffit is out for the year. Those two guys gelling is the reason for Lynch's success...oh well, bring on the backups.

"Or they play Richard Sherman on him and Lloyd absolutely takes him to school"

We'll see Sosa! Sherman did his job against Boldin and AJ Green as well as the Giants.

You WILL see PI flags because our big corners set out to play physical. Hell, we get flags anyway so they might as well earn them. You'll also see Personal Fouls as the Hawks have been racking them up this year due to fighting. 2nd only to the Raiders, and I'm not minding.

Hate the yards lost, but glad to see fight in our team no matter who we are playing. Can't say the Hawks don't show up for a fight each week.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tez2010 View Post
    Injuries hit us at practice today. RT Carpenter went out due to a knee injury and Moffit is out for the year. Those two guys gelling is the reason for Lynch's success...oh well, bring on the backups.

"Or they play Richard Sherman on him and Lloyd absolutely takes him to school"

We'll see Sosa! Sherman did his job against Boldin and AJ Green as well as the Giants.

You WILL see PI flags because our big corners set out to play physical. Hell, we get flags anyway so they might as well earn them. You'll also see Personal Fouls as the Hawks have been racking them up this year due to fighting. 2nd only to the Raiders, and I'm not minding.

Hate the yards lost, but glad to see fight in our team no matter who we are playing. Can't say the Hawks don't show up for a fight each week.
    Gotta agree on the fighting part. Although I wouldn't want to see my team filled with punks, showing spunk and fight is always nice to see in a contact sport such as football.

Sherman has done a nice job, got to give credit to him.

I already feel a lot better for our defensive line hearing that Carpenter and Moffit are out. They've been gelling real well recently and they'll be a force on the right side.

Now that Carpenter and Moffit are out, I look for Chris Long to take advantage of that.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Here's something we ALL can agree on:

Where the frick did the Whiners come from? Is Harbaugh really that big a difference?

I would love for the Rams, Hawks, and even Cards lay a few beatdowns on those guys before the end of this season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I already feel a lot better for our defensive line hearing that Carpenter and Moffit are out. They've been gelling real well recently and they'll be a force on the right side.

Now that Carpenter and Moffit are out, I look for Chris Long to take advantage of that.
    Breno (the backup right tackle) isn't quite the road grader carp is, but at least early on he proved to be a much better pass blocker. Will be interesting to see who they put in the RG spot.

Bottom line tho it's a big blow to our run game which was finally showing signs of life. It also hurts a bit longer term as the team invested a ton of draft capital into the line and they need to be playing together, this sets their development back as the #1 group won't see game action together again until next fall. Very dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Here's something we ALL can agree on:

Where the frick did the Whiners come from? Is Harbaugh really that big a difference?

I would love for the Rams, Hawks, and even Cards lay a few beatdowns on those guys before the end of this season.
    Well their roster has been pretty stacked for 2-3 years now. All they needed was a competent coaching staff which they now have.

Cards have basically collapsed. They have a horrible record with one of the weakest strength of scedule rankings in the league.

Overall I'd like to see the NFCW become more competitve, like the NFC north and the AFC north.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast