AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

HC Coach Search Reporting A Perfect Example Of Too Much "Information"

Everyone wants to be the guy. The guy who can puff up his chest and say "I broke the story," when the Rams hire their new Head Coach.

That's all well and good but, as a fan, I've had enough. I don't want to hear any more about who is interviewing, how the interviews supposedly went, who is the "frontrunner," who might be the next "mystery candidate," who might be added to the list, or any other piece of "information," with one exception:

I want to know who the Rams actually hire.

Looking back, I almost wish that the process was entirely confidential. Shaw announces, "we'll make a decision in 3 to 4 weeks," and after that, we hear nothing until someone is actually hired.

Sure, the speculation has given us something to banter about for the last couple of weeks, but hasn't it reached the point of silliness now? Every day another candidate emerges or drops from the running, and we are really no closer to knowing who the eventual hire will be.

Just don't hire Haslett, don't hire Tice, don't hire Fassel, don't hire Vitt, and don't hire Shottenheimer.

Other than that... wake me when someone is hired.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: HC Coach Search Reporting A Perfect Example Of Too Much "Information"

I'd still hire Vitt and go get a DC like Singletary or Gray or Riviera with the assumption that he will have the say so on the Defense period! They could give Vitt a year or two and if he didnt produce give the job to one of the other guys mentioned. Whats the difference with coaches and players/ If a player doesnt do his job then he gets either cut, traded or he loses his starting postion! So if a coach doesnt produce why cant his boss tell him the same thing? A job is a job isnt it?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    I'd still hire Vitt and go get a DC like Singletary or Gray or Riviera with the assumption that he will have the say so on the Defense period! They could give Vitt a year or two and if he didnt produce give the job to one of the other guys mentioned. Whats the difference with coaches and players/ If a player doesnt do his job then he gets either cut, traded or he loses his starting postion! So if a coach doesnt produce why cant his boss tell him the same thing? A job is a job isnt it?
    WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DOES ANY OF THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MY POST!?!?!! DO YOU JUST POST RANDOM THOUGHTS ON THE HEAD COACH SEARCH IN ANY THREAD THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC? DO YOU EVEN READ OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS!!?!?!!?!

IF YOU LIKE JOE "LIFETIME ASSISTANT WHO CAN'T HANDLE A SIMPLE PRESS CONFERENCE" VITT, FINE! START YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD ABOUT HIM!!!!!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Av calm down........LOL..........Sorry i thought i was still on another post that i was reading prior to this one!......My bad but, just to let you know, I still like Vitt!!................and No you may not sue me for that!.........LOL........Sorry for not making sure i was replying to the right post!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Easy AV.
    Did the dog pee in your coffee cup?
    I understand your frustration, but being a RAM fan you should be used to this sort of circus act by now.
    Everyone is anxious, I check the boards and other sites every morning to see if there's anything new.
    People are just expressing their thoughts.
    Some day soon, there will be a new coach. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Av, I agree. Names like Fassel, Tice, Vitt, and Shottenheimer, et al, just brew fear, anxiety and panic. Just call me when the ink is dry and tell me who signed it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I think Warner got a bum deal, and wish he were still with the Rams.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

LOL LOL LOL

No Bulger is the man. He is way better than Warner ever was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Oh yeah? Well, Bulger, Smoker, Martin, Justin and Jeff Kemp together are not fit to tie Kurt's shoes.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

As the HC search goes right now, no news is good news. In fact, I dont want to hear anything about a HC until the Bears lose in the playoffs. The sooner they lose, the sooner the Rams can get Rivera and end this circus.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

The point is, it shouldn't be a circus at all.

Warner? Doesn't he play for Arizona now?

CarolinaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater
    Oh yeah? Well, Bulger, Smoker, Martin, Justin and Jeff Kemp together are not fit to tie Kurt's shoes.
    That's funny, 'cause I thought that was Paul justin's job - to tie Warner's shoes.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Everyone wants to be the guy. The guy who can puff up his chest and say "I broke the story," when the Rams hire their new Head Coach.

That's all well and good but, as a fan, I've had enough. I don't want to hear any more about who is interviewing, how the interviews supposedly went, who is the "frontrunner," who might be the next "mystery candidate," who might be added to the list, or any other piece of "information," with one exception:

I want to know who the Rams actually hire.

Looking back, I almost wish that the process was entirely confidential. Shaw announces, "we'll make a decision in 3 to 4 weeks," and after that, we hear nothing until someone is actually hired.

Sure, the speculation has given us something to banter about for the last couple of weeks, but hasn't it reached the point of silliness now? Every day another candidate emerges or drops from the running, and we are really no closer to knowing who the eventual hire will be.

Just don't hire Haslett, don't hire Tice, don't hire Fassel, don't hire Vitt, and don't hire Shottenheimer.

Other than that... wake me when someone is hired.
    AV, I agree with every statement in that post. Besides not wanting Vitt back.. He could be DC or somethin... But anyways I'm sick of going to kffl.com or prosportsdaily.com and looking at the rumors and hearing a new name every day. This only gets your hopes up for instance Kiffin (Bucs DC) I knew that he wouldn't take an interview and I bet its because the more he thought about it he decided that he doesn't want anything to do with the Rams Front Office which who does. I just can't wait until someone is hired and please be Ron Rivera and then t his whole thing will be over with... No more Rumors as if the Rams may interview Kiffin or some other guy. I just can't wait until the moment where when I click stlouisrams.com it has a BIG headline and says RAMS HIRE RIVERA AS NEW HC and not just the Rams page but everyway. I'm sick of these rumors and speculations... Lets get a HC!
    RamsFan16