Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: Is He All That?

  1. #1
    YodaRam Guest

    Is He All That?

    Steven Jackson. Is he all that? Big, strong back. Big boastful mouth.
    Am i wrong or shouldn't any athlete prove his worth on the field before he makes huge claims off the field? And i'm not talking about 1 or 2 seasons.
    Jackson has been writing verbal checks that his performances on the field haven't cashed. Put up or shut up come to mind.
    This guy super p.r.'d himself last year when he was hurt alot of the season and stunk when he played. Am i missing something? Look at his numbers recently. Please!
    I wish for Jackson to be our back into the future. I believe he could be. But he needs to SHUT UP and PUT UP! Do the talking between the lines.
    His mouth sets him up for failure. Just remember that if he fails he's laughing all the way to the bank. We as fans are left holding the empty bag of hopes and dreams. Because you all know that without a solid running threat we can't pass effectively.
    President Lincoln once said "It is better to remain silent and be a thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt".


  2. #2
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Is He All That?

    At one point I felt the way you feel about him talking a bit too much. But I've accepted the fact that this is who he is and it's not likely to change. So what choice do I have?

  3. #3
    ramsplaya16's Avatar
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    coral springs. Florida
    Age
    22
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is He All That?

    hes not a jerk and hes not a cancer, so i dont have a problem with it, as you can see, our offense simply doesnt work without him. he can only do so much with last years line...
    Built RAM tough

  4. #4
    IzzyHigh1212's Avatar
    IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is He All That?

    He stunk last year?
    He missed four/five games..had a very bad first two games..and still ran for over 1,000 yards. That's a pretty amazing feat if you look at our offensive line last year. What about the year before that, under an AVERAGE O-Line? That didn't do it for you either? The game against the Vikings, alone, could have done it for me. Yeah, he talks. That's not a bad thing. He wants to win, and he's our best player on offense when healthy..so you would think..giving him more touches would mean us getting a few more wins. It's not like he's negative. Everything he says is positive. He's not a T.O, so quit trying to act like he's even remotely close to that stature.

    To say he's not performing, is absolutely insane.

  5. #5
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,246
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Is He All That?

    What has he said that is so objectionable?

  6. #6
    IzzyHigh1212's Avatar
    IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Is He All That?

    I guess people don't like that he says he wants the ball in his hands and that he likes to set goals for himself.

  7. #7
    YodaRam Guest

    Re: Is He All That?

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    hes not a jerk and hes not a cancer, so i dont have a problem with it, as you can see, our offense simply doesnt work without him. he can only do so much with last years line...
    That knife doesn't cut butter. He was pathetic. With the rare long run he was a + 1 to - 2 yard runner. You can't blame his lack of productivity on the O-line. A great running back overcomes that obstacle and shows brilliance!
    A true stepper never announces his abilities and a great player leaves it on the field. It's called "class".
    Again, i don't wish ill on Steven. I just wish he'd shut-up and improve on the field.

    RAM ON!

  8. #8
    Ramer's Avatar
    Ramer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Is He All That?

    Jackson can talk all he wants. THe guy plays 110% every time he touches the ball.

  9. #9
    ramsplaya16's Avatar
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    coral springs. Florida
    Age
    22
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is He All That?

    see, the thing is, you cant take away the long runs, he wasnt a 1-2 yard runner, he was a 4.2 yard runner (his average last season) hes already proved he can preform on the field and he got 1002 yards in around 11 games because of his injury, we know he can preform and he has backed up his talk, like his breakout year. He already has PUT UP, so why should he SHUT UP, if he isnt causing problems?
    Built RAM tough

  10. #10
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Is He All That?

    Well this year better change, because I'm kinda sick of the excuses.
    he has never impressed me , But neither has Bulger so I'm kinda the odd man out here.
    i want to see some improvement and these are Pro's and the injury thing is getting old .
    Where are the guys who step up like most other teams?
    Don't think we have many.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

  11. #11
    YodaRam Guest

    Re: Is He All That?

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyHigh1212 View Post
    He stunk last year?
    He missed four/five games..had a very bad first two games..and still ran for over 1,000 yards. That's a pretty amazing feat if you look at our offensive line last year. What about the year before that, under an AVERAGE O-Line? That didn't do it for you either? The game against the Vikings, alone, could have done it for me. Yeah, he talks. That's not a bad thing. He wants to win, and he's our best player on offense when healthy..so you would think..giving him more touches would mean us getting a few more wins. It's not like he's negative. Everything he says is positive. He's not a T.O, so quit trying to act like he's even remotely close to that stature.

    To say he's not performing, is absolutely insane.
    Yes, he stunk. For the bravado he gave himself. Again, yes he stunk. Everything he says is positive for "him" not "team".$$$$$$$

  12. #12
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Is He All That?

    At worst, he's maybe a bit of a braggart, but at least he sets high goals and pushes himself to improve. I'd rather have a hard worker with a slightly inflated opinion of himself than a player who is indisciplined, has a poor work effort, doesn't give great effort on the field, or gets into trouble off the field. Maybe he doesn't lead the league in rushing yards this year, but if predicting that he will makes him play harder, it's pretty much harmless.

  13. #13
    ramsplaya16's Avatar
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    coral springs. Florida
    Age
    22
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is He All That?

    the injury is getting old i agree there, but what can you do when bulger is taking a beating like that? jackson just had some bad luck and he is fine now as is bulger, they are they guys that step up and there are many other teams who would kill to have this duo that we have
    Built RAM tough

  14. #14
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Is He All That?

    Only a one word answer is needed to answer this question. Is he all that?

    yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    YodaRam Guest

    Re: Is He All That?

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    see, the thing is, you cant take away the long runs, he wasnt a 1-2 yard runner, he was a 4.2 yard runner (his average last season) hes already proved he can preform on the field and he got 1002 yards in around 11 games because of his injury, we know he can preform and he has backed up his talk, like his breakout year. He already has PUT UP, so why should he SHUT UP, if he isnt causing problems?
    What's he done inside the 20? That's the crunch. How many T.D.'s did he have? And what average would that be if he played a 16 game season? Without...........OOOHHHH.......injury.


    RAM ON!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •