Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: Is he the best or am I biased?

lol. I new I would get spanked for my post. Jackson is an incredible back and I'm glad we have him. Now, like Ferter said, let's keep him healthy and give him some help.

Truth of the matter is that teams we play against do a lot more pass blitzes than run blitzes. The swing passes (which I despise) are designed to match up jackson with a smaller Corner backs or a slower line backer.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I agree with a little bit of everything. At times, yes we did have a great run blocking o line, but at times, they've been horrific forcing more pressure on Steven. And I think on very play he has to drag and carry players on his back.

When he busts through the d line and into the lb corps, he just hits and hits and fights for every yard. The one play against the saints last game, it took the whole team to get him down.

YouTube - Steven Jackson (2009 NFL Season)

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I think we've missed one big thing about SJ, he has the desire to win that you don't often see. He NEEDS to win.

He put his body on the line every game last season. He knew he had no offense behind him. Even then he put up big numbers. To me, desire to win means at much as raw talent..... *cough*LeBron*cough*

Jax has both. Raw talent and a desire to win and go 100% on every down. This makes him one of, if not the, best back in the league in my opinion.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Sjackson has done a pretty hard task in itself in replacing faulk. I mean faulk is loved around here and he just took over for him like it was nothing. There wasn't a great back that adrian or cj had to live up to either. Faulk did slow down some in his later years. I don't know about u guys but I love faulk for what he did for the rams but sjackson I think will surpass him in rams history books because he is that good. Its hard not to get excited about whenever u see the rams hand the ball to jackson (which is a lot lol). I think the trasistion wouldn't have been as seemless as it was if steven wasn't the best back in the league.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I like sj and i would but him in the top 3 best backs in the league.... I FEEL like he could be #1 if he ran behind his pads (he doesnt do it at all) and he needs to incorporate a mean stiff arm into his game! Running the way he does, ie the video above, he wont hold up too much longer in the league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12