Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but...

... after 4 games, he leads the NFL with 531 yards from scrimmage (no other player is over 500).

Steven Jackson...

the underrated?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but...

Ok, prior to this year you could say that he is arrogant but how can you say that now?

And yes, he's definately underrated and people would never know this.
    RamsFan16

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but...

He said to give him the ball.

We did.

It worked.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but..

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    He said to give him the ball.

We did.

It worked.
    Lol, the great thing about it is, that is REALLY IT. That's like the story right there. In a nutshell atleast, and you can barely even say that, because that does basically sum up the whole dog house situation with Martz, he wanted the ball, he didn't get it with Martz. With Linehan, he asked for the ball, he received the ball. Everythings working out.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

theodus69 is offline Registered User

i say ,let our whole team be underrated . That way we can slide into the playoffs and kick the **** out of everybody! we win next week and take on the hurting Hawks and beat them, we are stearing our own destiny. We'll be looking goood!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

maineram is offline Registered User

What I like almost as much as his running and recieving totals, is the fact that you haven't heard but a peep from him since training camp. Most of us were saying, " shut up and produce ", and now he has shut up and produced. Once the line settles down a bit and get's some more game reps, his totals will go up considerably, and so will the entire offense.

Maineram - :r
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think I read somewhere this week that he was quoted as to say "Just call me Marshall Faulk". Just call me slightly confused. Is he paying tribute to what he's learned from one of the game's greats, or is he the epitome of disturbingly arrongant narcisistic and self-centred backs in the league? If the latter, someone needs to tell him, that fantastic as it is that he's over 500 all purpose, that he's not Marshall Faulk quite yet, nor should he begin to draw comparisons. Leave that to the bobblehead figures at ESPN. Not that they'll show us any love.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but..

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I think I read somewhere this week that he was quoted as to say "Just call me Marshall Faulk". Just call me slightly confused. Is he paying tribute to what he's learned from one of the game's greats, or is he the epitome of disturbingly arrongant narcisistic and self-centred backs in the league? If the latter, someone needs to tell him, that fantastic as it is that he's over 500 all purpose, that he's not Marshall Faulk quite yet, nor should he begin to draw comparisons. Leave that to the bobblehead figures at ESPN. Not that they'll show us any love.
    That's hard to believe he said that, and it wasn't all over clanram by now. I hope he didn't say that, I really hope you're wrong about that quote actually. That would really tick me off if he said that.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    You really need to give a link to show he said that. I have a hard time believing he would say that, and for anyone to judge him on something that you "think" you read without proof isn't right.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

He said "Just call me a big Marshall Faulk".

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    He said "Just call me a big Marshall Faulk".
    When? Where? Or are you kidding?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Milan is offline Registered User

"Even though he had to grind out 81 yards on 22 carries (3.7-yard average) against a Lions defense that was geared to stop him, Jackson continued to show how effective a receiver he can be with six catches for 65 yards. "Call me a big Marshall Faulk," he giggled."

Seems like he said it jokingly.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Yeah, it was just a joke. Anyways, Jackson leading the league is yards from scrimmage is pretty amazing!

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I especially like the way he hurdled a couple of Detroit would-be-tacklers.. it is almost as if he was watching game film and saw his biggest weakness was the shoe-string tackle!

RnD

GO RAMS!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

He's playing well so I can't really criticise him for his on the field performance. I never have to be honest. In his first year and even last year I was pleading for patience on his behalf when some were inferring he was a bust. His pronouncements just leave me a little cold at times, and I think it gives others a stick to hit him with.

If he keeps playing like this for the next five years he can say what he likes..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast