Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SFCRamFan Guest

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    He said to give him the ball.

We did.

It worked.
    True and to the point. So far he is backing it all up. I have enjoyed watching him work this year. He continues to improve and is quietly putting up decent numbers.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    ... after 4 games, he leads the NFL with 531 yards from scrimmage (no other player is over 500).

Steven Jackson...

the underrated?
    Very underrated; it won't be long till people stop comparing him to Marshall.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

531 yards from scrimmage .......0 fumbles !

Also, I haven't heard any complaints about his blocking and picking up blitzes either. Seems to be a complete player so far this season.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

I'm getting REAL tired of people jumping Jackson over some of his 'supposed' quotes, (and it's got nothing to do with the fact that I have his jersey, the only one I've ever owned, or the fact that I'm from Vegas).

First of all, before you comment on anything he said, it would behoove you to establish in what context the remark was made, and if possible, view the video.

Was it said tongue in cheek, (like his latest comment)? How was it said? What was his expression when he said it? Was he quoted in entirety? Was he fielding a half-dozen rapid fire questions?

It would be a great world if everyone were the quiet, soft-walking, big-stick-carrying, self-effacing, (probabnly politically-correct - gag!), people that y'all obviously are.

Then again, maybe not.

He was NOT given his chance last year, and now that he has, Jackson has put up, so I suggest y'all SHUT-up.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RedArcher7 Guest

The man had over 1,000 yards last year. He did good last year with the chances he got. It's not like Jackson is some secret the rest of the NFL doesn't know about. The secret they don't know is that the Rams aren't running 40 yard routes 3 out of 4 plays anymore.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Context, contexts, contextual..............

Fact remains is that he's a highly confident, some might say arrogant individual, who as of this present moment is performing extremely well. If he keeps performing like this for a stretch of a couple of years or more, then he can be as ironic, playful, arrogant or funny as he pleases. Until then, because of his pronouncements, he may find that people are a little wary of some of the things that he says.

Personally I'd prefer it if he was a little more like Ike, but I guess if we were all the same it would be a dull little sphere that we're spinning on.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but..

I dont mind Jackson being confident, as well as even arrogant, as long as he backs up his words on the field.

That said, i dont think he will get to the level of a Terrel Owens or Chad Johnson, he doesnt seem like that type of guy

fearlessone is offline Registered User

It is never easy ez replacing a HoFer. I have always liked him and after watching that edited kitties v RAMS game this am. Give the kid a block or two and he may just "hurdle" into the endzone Yeah baby

He made Bulger look good on some of those touch dumps into the shallow flats.

Way to go SJ.

So who is our MVP at the 1/4 mark? Wilkie?
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Personally I'd prefer it if he was a little more like Ike, but I guess if we were all the same it would be a dull little sphere that we're spinning on.
    As grandpa used to say.. if we all liked the same thing, everyone would be after grandma..

RnD

GO RAMS!!

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

As grandpa used to say.. if we all liked the same thing, everyone would be after grandma..
    Funny!

Jackson is just plain producing and no one could argue that. I have seen him pick up the blitz and pass block very effectively quite a few times. I wont mention any names (even though I really want too), but there was a few people last year acting as if these pass blocking skills would not be developed. You have to be patient with these young guys some times it takes awhile to get going. It even took the great Faulk awhile to develop into the back we all know and love.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Name and shame them I say!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    I'm getting REAL tired of people jumping Jackson .
    wow, I never seen anyone jump Jackson? show me where that was quoted please

:waiting:

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    wow, I never seen anyone jump Jackson? show me where that was quoted please

:waiting:

Dez-

If you're joking, and mean 'hurdle', I haven't either. (Should have said, "jumping Jackson's ****").

If you're not, I can't produce any direct qoutes. I CAN say that anyone who reads this board regularly will certainly remember a LOT of negative reaction to some of his comments. I don't have any problem with that, except I felt then, (even without his jersey ), and still do, that some of the posters were a little too quick to believe the worst, interpreting some comments as a slight on Faulk, or reacting in frustration to Jackson's not meeting some people's expectations.

Bottom line, there were a lot of bad raps against the guy that, as it's turning out, he didn't deserve.

So there!

Incidentally, where the **** were you guys at the Cardinal's game?

I walked that entire Green parking lot twice. The only place I didn't look was in the "Tent City' area.

You were probably there.:\
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

rammiser is offline Registered User

Funny how people complain about Jackson being arrogant and pounding his chest and all that after a big play. It's funny because Stephen Davis did the exact same thing after his 11 yd run but no one seemed to be bothered by that. Why is it that when Jackson does it he's arrogant but no one cares when Davis did it? I love it that this kid gets fired up. He seems to fire the team up. Also He handed the ball from his td to someone in the stands just like Bruce did. I dont find him cocky or arrogant at all. I think he gets fired up on the field,something this team needed badly!
    Just Fix It

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: He dances behind the line, he's arrogant and brash, he's no Marshall Faulk, but..

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Funny how people complain about Jackson being arrogant and pounding his chest and all that after a big play. It's funny because Stephen Davis did the exact same thing after his 11 yd run but no one seemed to be bothered by that. Why is it that when Jackson does it he's arrogant but no one cares when Davis did it? I love it that this kid gets fired up. He seems to fire the team up. Also He handed the ball from his td to someone in the stands just like Bruce did. I dont find him cocky or arrogant at all. I think he gets fired up on the field,something this team needed badly!
    Hey, I was PISSED about it. But that is just cause I have SJax on my fantasy team and Davis keeps stealing points away from me...

This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12