RamWraith is offline Registered User

Head Coach Scott Linehan--Friday, October 06, 2006

(Opening statement)

“Our standard Friday. Just an update injury-wise. Just based on the last couple of weeks and what happened, still list Orlando as questionable. Looks better. He’s felt good all week so that looks better. Actually we’ll probably downgrade Fahkir Brown for this game. His ankle has gotten steadily worse through the week. It will be a gameday decision. We certainly have a plan for that and good depth for our secondary for that. Those are really the only significant things from the injury standpoint.”

(On who will start in Brown’s spot if he does not play)

“We’ll have to talk about that…exactly who will do it. I think it makes sense to certainly…the options that we’ve had before where we’ve played him. Right now we’re going to have to talk about what we do as far as starting. I don’t know. I just actually found out that Fahkir, through this practice, wasn’t going to be able to go. We’ll have to decide based on personnel.”

(On Brown’s condition this week)

“It bothered him, and then after this last game…you’ve got a little swelling in there and it swelled, and through Wednesday’s practice, it pretty much just didn’t feel any better. It actually got a little worse Wednesday. Didn’t do much Thursday’s practice, yesterday. He’s not the type of guy that would ever complain about something being sore, but if it was bothering him…he just wasn’t able to go very much yesterday. We just pretty much kept him out of most of the stuff today.”

(On moving up CB Jerametrius Butler)

“Certainly Butler gets in the mix if wasn’t able to go. As far as who starts, in a lot of the nickel situations, guys played a lot. We’ll kind of bang it around as to who’s going to actually start the game, but we’ve got some other things that we’ve got to do as far as when we have to go nickel and things like that. There’s like a couple options that way. We hadn’t really planned on this until now, so we’ve got to talk about it as a staff.”

(On if T Orlando Pace will play on Sunday)

“I think we’ll know for sure by the gameday. I think you just have to evaluate how he feels tomorrow, and then how he feels gameday. I don’t think you ever just make any assumption. You make sure he feels as good as he’s felt all week. I don’t see there being any problem. I didn’t think he would have a problem the last time either, so we’ll just play that one by ear.”

(On if a test will determine if Pace’s status)

“I think we’re through the testing as far as how he’s doing there. I think it has more to do with how he feels and what the doctors say as we evaluate him every day.”

(On how much Pace practiced today)

“He practiced the whole practice. He didn’t miss one snap.”

(On how much Brown practiced today)

“He did a little something at the beginning, but his ankle was bothering him, so we pulled him out.”

(On how much LB Isaiah Kacyvenski will play Sunday)

“He’ll be busy. Special teams in all phases, and backup on defense.”

WR Torry Holt

(On Green Bay’s CB’s Al Harris and Charles Woodson)

“I have a lot of respect for those guys. It’s always a challenge when you’re playing guys that have been around the league longer than you have been. They’ve seen a lot, played a lot of great receivers, and I’m sure they do a great job with tendencies. They will know exactly what we like to do off the line of scrimmage and what routes we like to run. I think we’re up for a challenge, but this team and our receiving corps will respond pretty well.”

(On the offense progressing each week)

“We’re just like anybody else. You find a rhythm and you want to continue to capitalize off that rhythm. We’ve done that in the last couple of weeks. This week is a new week, so the prior ones don’t even matter. It’s a new week so we have to see if we can carry it over. The way we practiced this week, I thought we did a very good job. I think today’s practice was probably one of the better practices of the week. I think everybody’s feeling very good and very comfortable with the gameplan and hopefully it’ll carry over on Sunday.”

(On the pace for Sunday’s game against Green Bay)

“You really don’t know. Every week is different. I do know that we as a football team have to go in prepared for a tough football game, a war, a physical game. This football team is looking for a win. They’re back home, the crowd will be bananas, and they’re going to challenge us for four quarters. We have to expect that and at the same time we have to ride that emotional wave that they’re going to come out with initially, stay poised, stay within our gameplan, and execute play after play and we’ll give ourselves a chance to come out of there with a win.”

(On the lack of Rams’ turnovers this year)

“I think week-in and week-out he (Head Coach Scott Linehan) puts an emphasis on that. We have our goal charts and that’s one of the areas we’ve been able to have a zero in. Guys feel good about that, we feel that if we stay out of that area and don’t turn the ball over we give ourselves a great chance to win the ballgame. We want to try to continue to build on that. Will we go the whole year without a turnover? I doubt it, it’s a tough league. These guys get paid to make plays as well. But right now we’re doing well in that category and we’re going to try to continue to build on that. That helps us, that helps our defense, which overall helps this football team. I think the skill players, the guys that have the ball in their hands, are doing a great job and Marc (Bulger) obviously is doing a great job. It’s huge on the road because you don’t want to turn it over and give that home team that much more momentum and take yourself out of scoring position. Now you have some doubt and you wonder what’s going on. You don’t want that to happen when you’re on the road, you want to try to be as calm and poised as you possibly can. Not having any turnovers helps us a lot.’

(On the “Lambeau Leap” still being allowed although many other celebrations were banned by the NFL)

“The ‘Lambeau Leap’ is historical. It’s something that, I don’t care how many years down the road will not be taken away from the National Football League. I mean Vince Lombardi, The Green Bay Packers, the ‘Lambeau Leap’, and you can go on and on. The ‘Bob and Weave’ was something that just started and we had to get rid of it. I’m not jealous at all. I’m excited that they have an opportunity to express themselves after they score. It’s great for their stadium, it’s great for them. I don’t know, maybe we’ll have to start something. Maybe we can get one of these rookies to start up something new for St. Louis.”

(On playing at Lambeau Field)

“We know this football team is fantastic at home. Just going to Green Bay. I spoke about Vince Lombardi and the history. I always love going back there playing. I love history, I love the game, and I love all the history that comes along with the game. It’s always exciting and a good feeling, knowing that I was a little kid just seeing Green Bay and now I have an opportunity to play there is always a great feeling.”

(On the last time the Rams met the Packers)

“That wasn’t a good turnout for us. We played well in that game in certain areas, but we didn’t play well enough to come out of there with a win and you have to credit them. They played very well. It’s a new year, a new team, a new way of thinking. Right now its 0-0 and we have an opportunity to go there and redeem ourselves.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Head Coach Scott Linehan--Friday, October 06, 2006

The Packers secondary is in turmoil. I expect Bulger, Holt, Bruce and Jackson to all have a big game. The unusaul thing about the Packers this season is that the Defenses in the NFL usually start out the season better prepared than the offenses. It takes 4 or 5 games sometimes more for the offenses to find their chemistry generally. Seems like the Packers are just the opposite, the defense is dazed and confused and the O is doing okay. Hopefully the Packers D stays in their state of confusion for at least 1 more game.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: Head Coach Scott Linehan--Friday, October 06, 2006

Yea and they released ahmad carroll I always thought he was a decent corner I guess the pack thought he was a bum and cut him now he has no home
    Torry Holt Dont play that