Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User

A healthy Jackson and Bulger.

That 1st quarter against Cleveland, we actually looked like we were gonna blow the roof off the dome with offense. We moved the ball on the ground, through the air and it looked pretty easy. Then Action Jackson went out with spasms. and Bulger all of a sudden didnt have time to release the ball.The whole team contracted some kind of virus and it resulted in a loss. The D didnt have a good game but if we still had him in there, we woulda, shoulda coulda, had a win. Plain and simple, we get him back with the other specialty players still healthy, the Rams will take the next 2 games.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: A healthy Jackson and Bulger.

We certainly looked better with Jackson in there as the starter and Leonard used as a backup, fullback, or H-back. I'm just concerned about Jackson hurting himself permanantly or at the very least- injuring himself for next season- just for the sake of playing in a season that is already lost. If he's not entirely healthy, I don't see why you don't rest him for the rest of the season and throw a platoon of Leonard, Pittman, and Minor out there to finish off the season. I'd worry that Linehan is putting him out there in a futile attempt to save his job rather than thinking about the long term effects it could have on the team. Pittman was highly regarded coming out of Ohio State- maybe he should be given a chance to see if that acclaim was justified or not.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I'd worry that Linehan is putting him out there in a futile attempt to save his job rather than thinking about the long term effects it could have on the team.
    So you think Jackson, team doctors and the FO are all just helpless pawns in Linehan's evil plan to try and save his job?? You don't think Jackson or the FO are looking at the long term effects? Think about it. Your Linehan hating rhetoric is reaching epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    So you think Jackson, team doctors and the FO are all just helpless pawns in Linehan's evil plan to try and save his job?? You don't think Jackson or the FO are looking at the long term effects? Think about it. Your Linehan hating rhetoric is reaching epic proportions.

Do you really believe that Steven Jackson would have come back last week- the game before a bye- around a month after tearing his groin if this team was 6-1 or 5-2? I think the fact that he left after the first quarter with back spasms because by his own admission- he wasn't quite in football shape- shows that he was rushed back. Any team in their right mind would have given their star running back another two weeks to heal and slowly get back in shape from an injury like that.

Do you really believe that Steven Jackson would have come back last week- the game before a bye- around a month after tearing his groin if this team was 6-1 or 5-2? I think the fact that he left after the first quarter with back spasms because by his own admission- he wasn't quite in football shape- shows that he was rushed back. Any team in their right mind would have given their star running back another two weeks to heal and slowly get back in shape from an injury like that.
    So this is a conspiracy theory.......

Varg6 is offline Registered User

We looked good because their defense isn't good. They give up a lot of points...It is nice to say we have an offense back, but...Uhh, I'm sorry for stating the negatives all the time, but this just happens to outweigh us being a good offense. We're not a good offense until that line is secured with proven vets and reliable rookies and or backups. We haven't seen that yet, so I am not convinced...Let's see how we do this week, hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

So this is a conspiracy theory.......
    Geez, you guys are good at putting words in people's mouths. Not so good at reading what someone's actually saying, but really good at reading what you want into things.

Geez, you guys are good at putting words in people's mouths. Not so good at reading what someone's actually saying, but really good at reading what you want into things.
    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41
    I'd worry that Linehan is putting him out there in a futile attempt to save his job rather than thinking about the long term effects it could have on the team.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you made the statement that Linehan is conspiring to purposely discount the health of Jackson and the future of the team in order to try and save his job. Is that about right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you made the statement that Linehan is conspiring to purposely discount the health of Jackson and the future of the team in order to try and save his job. Is that about right?

You can try to put your own spin on it, but that's not what I said. I don't think Linehan is trying to hurt Jackson or doesn't care if he gets hurt, but when you're desperate, you tend NOT to err on the side of caution. There was absolutely no reason to bring Jackson back last week instead of waiting until after the bye other than people buckling under the pressure to finally win a game. As Jackson's single quarter appearance showed- he was not fully ready to come back to real game experience just yet. And you guys act like this never happens in the NFL- was Duante Caulpepper ready to come back as quickly as he did last season? Was there a conspiracy there? No, of course not. Does Donnovan McNabb look like he might have come back too early because he was afraid that Kolb was going to take over his job? Looks that way to a lot of people and I'm pretty sure there was no conspiracy going on between Andy Reid, the Eagles Front Office, and the medical staff. See, you guys are reading into stuff too much.

You can try to put your own spin on it, but that's not what I said. I don't think Linehan is trying to hurt Jackson or doesn't care if he gets hurt, but when you're desperate, you tend NOT to err on the side of caution.
    Talk about spin. I think your statement speaks for itself.

Talk about spin. I think your statement speaks for itself.
    If you're not willing to err on the side of caution, then you're obviously not thinking about the long term effects- why is this so hard to understand? Honestly, if we were 6-1, don't you think they hold Jackson out until at least after the bye week? And do you think there was a "Conspiracy" with Culpepper or McNabb?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

A healthy Jackson and Bulger.........better not roll their eyes on the sideline anywhere near Linehan or we'll be talking conspiracy theories next week too .

As for reading into things, I'm still struggling to understand the postulation that Bulger obviously didn't mean what he said in support of Linehan because he'd 'rolled' his eyes a couple of weeks back?

My word......................

Lets simplify things.

If they're healthy, Linehan will play them and they'll make a difference.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -11-07-2007 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    A healthy Jackson and Bulger.........better not roll their eyes on the sideline anywhere near Linehan or we'll be talking conspiracy theories next week too .

As for reading into things, I'm still struggling to understand the postulation that Bulger obviously didn't mean what he said in support of Linehan because he'd 'rolled' his eyes a couple of weeks back?

My word......................

Lets simplify things.

If they're healthy, Linehan will play them and they'll make a difference.
    There's a difference between healthy, completely healthy, and in game shape. Jackson was obviously not ready for full game action yet. He admitted himself that he was not back in real game condition after the game because he had been inactive with the torn groin for those weeks. I think another two weeks rest would have been the wisest thing. And I haven't see anyone saying that if we were in the division lead with a winning record that Jackson would have been brought back that soon. It was a tear- not a strain.
    Last edited by moloch41; -11-07-2007 at 01:50 AM.

If you're not willing to err on the side of caution, then you're obviously not thinking about the long term effects- why is this so hard to understand? Honestly, if we were 6-1, don't you think they hold Jackson out until at least after the bye week? And do you think there was a "Conspiracy" with Culpepper or McNabb?
    I find it hard to believe that Jackson would play if he didn't think he was able, because in the end, he's got to make that determination. I can understand the logic of questioning the decision to play him, but I just think it's a bit outrageous to suggest that Linehan would discount the consequences and risk any long term effects by playing Jackson in an effort to save his job. IMO, that's a huge reach on your part.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

More reach than Thomas Hearns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast