LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Healthy Randy McMichael Expectations

I have huge expectations for this guy. He averaged 12 yards per catch. If he stays healthy, he can be our neutralizer for needs veteran wide receiver. He's big and with Karney opening up holes for Jackson doesn't that make a dangerous combination up the middle? Only down fall is what we had for last two season and that's injuries. I can see us having an exciting year at offense. I know Spags wants to run, that will open up passing game.

What do you see in McMichael that excites you?

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Healthy Randy McMichael Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I have huge expectations for this guy. *Only down fall is what we had for last two season and that's injuries.
    * and there's the fly in the ointment.

I'm so sick of that word...."INJURY". We've had more than our fair share the last 2 seasons. Maybe just maybe we'll catch a break in 2009.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I still have full confidence in McMichael's skills - always been a big supporter of his. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to show much of what he's capable of with us so far (although if you have watched him when he has been on the field he *has* shown some very good blocking skills - especially pass-blocking IMO) because of injuries and a malfunctioning O-line keeping him in to block and giving him less chances of catching passes. I believe he is still a great balanced TE capable of going out for passes or staying in to block - although the injuries are beginning to worry me a little. This is the year for him to stay healthy (same can be said for Steven Jackson among others) or we might start thinking that he's too fragile and injury-prone. If healthy my expectations would be some good run- and pass-blocking and around 500-600 yards receiving along with something like 4-5 TD's which looks a lot like the numbers he posted on a regular basis with the Dolphins.

idrd is offline Registered User

What do I see in McMichael that excites me ? Honestly, nothing, at best he was a marginal to OK player to begin with. Its going to take a few drafts and more FA signings to fix the mess this Organization let itself fall into. Honest, on any other team McMichael would most likely be back up material. I did not like Bennett either from the get go. It seems the old regime liked giving big contracts to players that did not deserve them.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by idrd View Post
    What do I see in McMichael that excites me ? Honestly, nothing, at best he was a marginal to OK player to begin with. Its going to take a few drafts and more FA signings to fix the mess this Organization let itself fall into. Honest, on any other team McMichael would most likely be back up material. I did not like Bennett either from the get go. It seems the old regime liked giving big contracts to players that did not deserve them.

Ok at best?? he was a pro bowler in miami on a bum team?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Ok at best?? he was a pro bowler in miami on a bum team?
    That was 2004. What has he done since? Passes you caught 5 years ago don't count in the next game.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I think McMichael is going to have a hugh year. He's going to show everyone why we signed him.