r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Heisman Showdown Sunday In Frisco

Heisman showdown Sunday in Frisco

By BILL COATS
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The last time Heisman Trophy-winning quarterbacks met in an NFL game was Nov. 7, 2004, when Cincinnati's Carson Palmer and Dallas' Vinny Testaverde went head-to-head.

On Sunday in San Francisco, 2008 Heisman winner Sam Bradford of the St. Louis and 2006 Heisman winner Troy Smith of the ***** will be matched.

"That is a cool dynamic that we have going in this game," said Bradford. "But I'm really not thinking much about it, and I doubt he is, either."

Smith confirmed Bradford's assertion.

"I hadn't really thought about" Smith said in a conference call. "Definitely, being a part of that elite class, that elite group of guys, it means everything in the world to me. ...

"But those are not the interests that we need to worry about. We need to worry about ... obviously, him for himself, getting his team to win. And myself here for San Francisco, definitely getting on a winning page and continuing to win more games."

The Rams and Seattle share 4-4 marks, Arizona is 3-5 and Frisco stands 2-6 after an 0-5 start.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Heisman Showdown Sunday In Frisco

Didn't they say this during the ravens rams game when these two met before...

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Heisman Showdown Sunday In Frisco

I'm looking forward to the day Bradford and Tebow see each other on opposite sidelines. Bradford and McCoy for old time's sake, too. Troy Brown and Bradford is kind of a less exciting match-up, but you can bet the ***** are going to come into the game hungry. I doubt you can get much hungrier than a 2-6 team with Samurai Mike's job potentially in jeopardy.