tanus is offline Registered User

Hell Must Have Frozen Over!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...tom&id=1963259

I never though I'd see the day when Tom Jackson of ESPN has Mike Martz for his coaching move of the week.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hell Must Have Frozen Over!

Makes you wonder if maybe he caught a little flack for his total rip job of Martz last week (he was quoted as saying that the worst coaching decision made all year was "any decision made by Mike Martz").

Those ESPN bums (with the possible exception of Mortenson and Clayton) are not even worth listening to.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Makes you wonder if maybe he caught a little flack for his total rip job of Martz last week (he was quoted as saying that the worst coaching decision made all year was "any decision made by Mike Martz").

Those ESPN bums (with the possible exception of Mortenson and Clayton) are not even worth listening to.
    Mortenson appears to be the most reasonable of anyone at ESPN and I love the "debates" between Salisbury and Clayton. They're all the same. Salisbury comes off as the ex-jock bully like Biff from Back to the Future picking on McFly Clayton. Just like in the movie, Clayton always winds up with the upper hand making Biff Salisbury look like a moron.

You gotta love the little nerdy guy for applying some common sense in the face of the ESPN frat boys.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Clayton reminds me of Les Nessman on WKRP. His "debates" with Salisbury are funny - particularly when he reminds Sean that he never really saw the field as a pro.

Mort has said that he was an L.A. Ram fan growing up, so he can't be all bad.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Mortenson appears to be the most reasonable of anyone at ESPN
    I think Jaworski is head and shoulders above anyone else at ESPN.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

moklerman is offline Registered User

This has become a real bane to Rams fan's hasn't it? I'm surprised at the amount of attention that Tom Jackson get's from the two different Rams boards that I frequent. Why does anyone even care what Jackson or any of the other analysts/ex-players think? Every week, someone is complaining about what Tom Jackson did or didn't say.

I've always found Jackson to be somewhat accurate in his opinions. More than say, Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin. All in all though, the pregame/postgame/NFL Matchup/NFL Countdown/NFL Total Access shows are just for entertainment and are designed to have a good cop/bad cop type of opinion base. What I have a real problem with is the announcers for the games. When those guys go off on their personal opinions you have no choice other than turn the sound off. Watching the game with no sound isn't any fun so you're just plain stuck.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Hell Must Have Frozen Over!

I think they all suck for what they did to rush

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    This has become a real bane to Rams fan's hasn't it? I'm surprised at the amount of attention that Tom Jackson get's from the two different Rams boards that I frequent. Why does anyone even care what Jackson or any of the other analysts/ex-players think? Every week, someone is complaining about what Tom Jackson did or didn't say.

I've always found Jackson to be somewhat accurate in his opinions. More than say, Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin. All in all though, the pregame/postgame/NFL Matchup/NFL Countdown/NFL Total Access shows are just for entertainment and are designed to have a good cop/bad cop type of opinion base. What I have a real problem with is the announcers for the games. When those guys go off on their personal opinions you have no choice other than turn the sound off. Watching the game with no sound isn't any fun so you're just plain stuck.
    I thought it was funny more than anything else. I could really care less what that fart bag thinks.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

You must have voted for Kerry ,Tanus.I,m still hoping for Rush on Monday night foorball.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Yea, I forgot about Jaworski. You're right, Jaws does get it right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    He knows his stuff and is to the point! I like the dude with the little black glasses,What's his name? :redface:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!