Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

  1. #1
    Slug's Avatar
    Slug is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    10

    Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Just dropping in to say hi again, ahead of our seemingly annual Redskins vs. Rams game. ^_^ It almost feels like y`all are in our division at this point!

    Obviously I'm pleased with last week. RG3 looks real. The offense was clicking. The defense was solid (a special teams and a garbage time TD made the score look closer than the game really was). But I've been burned by this team too many times to get my hopes up too high this early.

    To be quite honest though I'm worried going into this week. St. Louis is a lot stronger than folks give them credit for.

    I'd love to start 2-0 and carry that momentum into our home opener next week. Of course I'd hate it to come at the expense of my pals here in the Clan, but it is what it is right?

    Here's looking forward to a good game with no injuries!
    RamDez, rampower, Nick and 2 others like this.


  2. #2
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Hey Slug! You definitely got the best of what should be a Super Bowl contender. It's obvious that the experience Spags has against the Skins did nothing to prepare him for what you guys unleashed.

    I have a question for you though. What do you honestly think of Griffin's passing game? I did not see the game myself, but read about how it was basically all short drops to escape any pressure that the Saints could bring.

    The reason I ask is that our corners are significantly improved from last year, and in my opinion, from the Saints. They're good at man coverage, certainly for a few seconds. How confident are you in your passing game to be able to beat our corners? Also, what is the likelyhood that Garcon will play?

    As for our offense vs. your defense. I'm worried. I think that we need to adopt a similar gameplan to yours against the Saints. Short drops to help out our line and try to attack your corners with slants, hitches and quick outs from the slot. For anything longer, I think we need to roll Sam out of the pocket against your pass rush of Orakpo and Kerrigan.

    Here's to no injuries! Especially on our offensive line!
    I believe!

  3. #3
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Just dropping in to say hi again, ahead of our seemingly annual Redskins vs. Rams game. ^_^ It almost feels like y`all are in our division at this point!

    Obviously I'm pleased with last week. RG3 looks real. The offense was clicking. The defense was solid (a special teams and a garbage time TD made the score look closer than the game really was). But I've been burned by this team too many times to get my hopes up too high this early.

    To be quite honest though I'm worried going into this week. St. Louis is a lot stronger than folks give them credit for.

    I'd love to start 2-0 and carry that momentum into our home opener next week. Of course I'd hate it to come at the expense of my pals here in the Clan, but it is what it is right?

    Here's looking forward to a good game with no injuries!
    No offense Slug, and I mean this as nothing personal against the Redskins or you or anything, but I hope you now lose 15 straight games. That is purely because I want that high pick. Plllleeeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeee?

  4. #4
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Hope we can pull the annual Skins upset i hope its a good game with no injuries, we already are having injury issues.

    How about this trade off- you guys lose everygame for the rest of this year and all next yer as well, and in return you will win a couple superbowls in the following 5 years? lol

    As Berg pointed out, nothing personal against the skins or rg3, but those picks would look so much better if they were top picks.

    Good luck sunday!!!!!

    GO RAMS!!!!


  5. #5
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,147
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    If we had Brockers, Wells, and Saffold healthy I feel we definitely win this game. Without Brockers and Wells I still think we can win as long as Saffold plays the whole game.


    Without Saffold it will be an ugly game because Sam Bradford has shown he can't preform with a below average Offensive line

  6. #6
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,568
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Not too worried about this game. The Deadskins did good against a Saints team that has a banged up Lofton, banged up Hawthorne, a rusty Will Smith, a missing Jabari Greer, and a missing Jonathon Vilma. Our D is 5x better than what the Saints fielded the past game.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  7. #7
    IBleedBnG83's Avatar
    IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    The Rams defense should be much better, but the Redskins offense did put up 40 points. With that being said, that still means the Redskins offense is potent.

  8. #8
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,568
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    The Rams defense should be much better, but the Redskins offense did put up 40 points. With that being said, that still means the Redskins offense is potent.
    I do agree you guys are a good offense, but you put up 40 against a Saints team that was missing #1 CB Jabari Greer and LB Jonathon Vilma, banged up LB's Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne, and a horrible and slow pass rush in Cameron Jordan and Will Smith.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  9. #9
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    The Rams defense should be much better, but the Redskins offense did put up 40 points. With that being said, that still means the Redskins offense is potent.
    Hard to tell yet, the Saint have been kinda a mess this off season. Not taking anything away from RG3 he had a great first game. But one game is not enough to claim anything yet... time will tell.

    How big of a loss would Pierre Garcon be if he can't go?

  10. #10
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    The Rams defense should be much better, but the Redskins offense did put up 40 points. With that being said, that still means the Redskins offense is potent.
    While I was surprised at how well they played, it was still only one game. Hardly a large enough sampling to get a good feel for their true ability. If you think that team will score 40 each time out, I think you'll be a bit disappointed. The Saints have a less than stellar defense, and with injuries even more so. RGIII played an efficient game, but he is a rookie and a good defense will confuse him into making some bad throws. You can count on the Rams getting 1 or 2 good chances at picks this Sunday.

    That being said, with the injuries to the Rams O-line and w/o the big guy in the middle of the defense, I do expect the Skins to be a difficult game for the Rams, even at home. Because let's face it, the dome doesn't provide much of a home-field advantage. Unless by some miracle Fisher comes up with some brilliant scheme to defend against a mobile RGIII AND the Rams O-line somehow finds a way to keep Bradford upright, I don't see a Rams victory.

    But then again, I expected the Rams to get blown out in Detroit, and if not for some shady clock work and that damn prevent defense, the Rams could have been victorious.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  11. #11
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    It's always tough to predict these Redskins-Rams games. I can't help thinking back about three or four years ago when you guys were coming off a 4-1 hot streak and playing at home against an 0-4 Rams team. I remember talking with some of my friends who were Skins fans, and I was saying I knew what our strengths ought to be, but we were bottom of the league in near everything...and then somehow we won. I think both teams look much improved over some of the previous years, but I also think offensive line play is likely to be a problem for both teams, too.

    I figure the Redskins probably have a bit of an edge on overall defense. Both teams should have good outside pass rushers, but with Brockers out, the interior of our defensive line doesn't look so hot. I'm also somewhat concerned about whether our linebackers are athletic enough to contain Griffin on the run. I think we do have the edge on secondary, though, and I honestly can't name one receiver on either team that I would be terribly worried about if I were game-planning against the other team.

    It'll be exciting for Washington folks to see what happens with RGIII this year. I could see it easily being a Cam Newton type season where the quarterback puts up sick numbers, but the team still has a losing record. I just don't have full confidence in really any of the rest of the Washington offense. I mean Fred Davis is good, and I like Garcon as a third receiver ( less so as a number two), but RGIII will still have his work cut out for him.

  12. #12
    IBleedBnG83's Avatar
    IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Hard to tell yet, the Saint have been kinda a mess this off season. Not taking anything away from RG3 he had a great first game. But one game is not enough to claim anything yet... time will tell.

    How big of a loss would Pierre Garcon be if he can't go?
    Garcon went out the game early and they didn't miss a step. Aldrick Robinson filled in, is faster but not as big.

    At any rate, he said he feels great and will likely play.

  13. #13
    IBleedBnG83's Avatar
    IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    While I was surprised at how well they played, it was still only one game. Hardly a large enough sampling to get a good feel for their true ability. If you think that team will score 40 each time out, I think you'll be a bit disappointed. The Saints have a less than stellar defense, and with injuries even more so. RGIII played an efficient game, but he is a rookie and a good defense will confuse him into making some bad throws. You can count on the Rams getting 1 or 2 good chances at picks this Sunday.
    All true. But you can also expect to get 1 or 2 picks on any QB any Sunday.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    That being said, with the injuries to the Rams O-line and w/o the big guy in the middle of the defense, I do expect the Skins to be a difficult game for the Rams, even at home. Because let's face it, the dome doesn't provide much of a home-field advantage. Unless by some miracle Fisher comes up with some brilliant scheme to defend against a mobile RGIII AND the Rams O-line somehow finds a way to keep Bradford upright, I don't see a Rams victory.

    But then again, I expected the Rams to get blown out in Detroit, and if not for some shady clock work and that damn prevent defense, the Rams could have been victorious.
    It's like I've said, I DO think the Redskins are the much more complete team from top to bottom. But they have played down to "lesser" opponents in the past and played up to "better" opponents. I don't think the Rams will be a cake walk because the Redskins still have a lot to prove, but if they are the team they appear they can be, then I think they should be able to run away with the game.

    The biggest things for me are the Rams OL and the lack of weapons on offense. And the Redskins ability to do a lot more on offense, not just RG3 running but the throws he can make.

  14. #14
    IBleedBnG83's Avatar
    IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    It's always tough to predict these Redskins-Rams games. I can't help thinking back about three or four years ago when you guys were coming off a 4-1 hot streak and playing at home against an 0-4 Rams team. I remember talking with some of my friends who were Skins fans, and I was saying I knew what our strengths ought to be, but we were bottom of the league in near everything...and then somehow we won. I think both teams look much improved over some of the previous years, but I also think offensive line play is likely to be a problem for both teams, too.

    I figure the Redskins probably have a bit of an edge on overall defense. Both teams should have good outside pass rushers, but with Brockers out, the interior of our defensive line doesn't look so hot. I'm also somewhat concerned about whether our linebackers are athletic enough to contain Griffin on the run. I think we do have the edge on secondary, though, and I honestly can't name one receiver on either team that I would be terribly worried about if I were game-planning against the other team.

    It'll be exciting for Washington folks to see what happens with RGIII this year. I could see it easily being a Cam Newton type season where the quarterback puts up sick numbers, but the team still has a losing record. I just don't have full confidence in really any of the rest of the Washington offense. I mean Fred Davis is good, and I like Garcon as a third receiver ( less so as a number two), but RGIII will still have his work cut out for him.
    It's funny you say that, because Garcon has been stellar. He has speed to burn. He also has a large frame to shed defenders and does a great job of going after the ball at it's highest point. I spoke to Colts fans, look at Reggie Wayne, very similar player, he didn't break out until his 4th year. Well Garcon had his best year statistically his fourth year WITHOUT Peyton Manning. Imagine if Manning was there. I think people will start to respect Garcon more after this year.

    He may not scare you, but watch for Santana Moss in the slot now - killer. Josh Morgan has been catching everything. Aldrick Robinson has wheels. They may not have a big name receiver, but with a good QB, people will notice the depth at receiver the Redskins really have.

  15. #15
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Hello again, Clan! :) [W2 Redskins Post]

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    It's funny you say that, because Garcon has been stellar. He has speed to burn. He also has a large frame to shed defenders and does a great job of going after the ball at it's highest point. I spoke to Colts fans, look at Reggie Wayne, very similar player, he didn't break out until his 4th year. Well Garcon had his best year statistically his fourth year WITHOUT Peyton Manning. Imagine if Manning was there. I think people will start to respect Garcon more after this year.

    He may not scare you, but watch for Santana Moss in the slot now - killer. Josh Morgan has been catching everything. Aldrick Robinson has wheels. They may not have a big name receiver, but with a good QB, people will notice the depth at receiver the Redskins really have.
    We just faced Megatron... no offence but he's the best in the game and after a week of sleepless nights. The skins receivers are not even close to that group, I'm sleeping like a baby this week.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-12-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hello Clan
    By USMCRamFan in forum Welcome to the ClanRam
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -08-13-2010, 11:11 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -04-03-2008, 01:34 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: -10-17-2006, 07:50 AM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: -03-27-2006, 01:39 AM
  5. What's up clan?
    By clanram_81 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: -02-07-2005, 12:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •