Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    djones39 is offline Registered User

Help Me Out (Im hurting)!!!

Like most of you, I can n o longer talk to my buddies, or coworkers, or girlfriend. My days have been ruined, and my heart has been battered.

What hurts the most is knowing this:

On Sept 8, if someone, punk, woman, man , animal, whoever, would have said,

"The Rams, suck, and I'll bet you that they'll be 0-5"

Not only would I have laughed histerrically, I would have bet my life, I mean literally, my life.

This is just killing me, how far we are, away fromwhat i expected/ believed. It sucks when you expect to win and dont, my life has been consumed with confusion.

Someone please chear me up,

Because If the above scenario would have actually happened, I would truly be a dead man. I just can't swallow this 0-5 start.

Everyday it feels like i'm living a nightmare.

Thanks

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Help Me Out (Im hurting)!!!

If the Rams continue to slide into oblivion they will atleast have a favorable schedule next year. Worst to first. They gotta get all of the losing out of the way so they can go 16-0 next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Dude, first of all, lighten up. Your life? ...It's only a football game. :x

What is the old saying? "stuff happens" It's just one of those seasons djones39, nobody could have foreseen the injuries and setbacks we've suffered. Stuff just happened. All we can do is lick our wounds and move on. Try to look at some of the positives that have, or may come from a season like this. ...and remember, it's not over yet. True, the playoffs are a very remote possibility, but we can salvage the season by getting guys back and finishing up with a handful of wins. Some of the guys that weren't expected to contribute this year are being force-fed into the lineup because of all the injuries, and they're beginning to step up. Guys like Ryan and Carriker are going to solidify our future on the interior D-line. Our new punter was a great pick-up. Barron has begun to show signs that he may be the next Big O. Leonard has shown that he's a very capable RB, with tons of heart and talent. Our DB's are beginning to recover nicely from a poor preseason start.

Maybe you set the bar a little high for this team this year, and that's why you're so down? Personally, I figured this Ram team to be 9-7 or 10-6, with a good chance at a playoff berth. Unfortunately, I didn't count on the fact that we'd be without 1/2 our starters by the 5th game. So maybe you expected too much from this group? As somone else (kinda) said once; "we are what we thought we were". We're potentially a decent football team, but with very little depth.

You learn more about your team, coaches (and fans) from a year like this, than at any other time. IF we salvage a 7 win season or better out of this, we'll have a lot to look forward to next season.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I DON'T DO NEXT YEAR! Am so sick and tired of hearing about NEXT YEAR. ITs been next year for the last 5 years.

WHAT I WANT IS SIMPLE...that the Rams are a credible, respected, and feared team in the NFL. This year the RAMS have become Lambs. T'is time to grow some horns:l

djones39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    I DON'T DO NEXT YEAR! Am so sick and tired of hearing about NEXT YEAR. ITs been next year for the last 5 years.

WHAT I WANT IS SIMPLE...that the Rams are a credible, respected, and feared team in the NFL. This year the RAMS have become Lambs. T'is time to grow some horns:l
    Hey, I believe until the dying day. IMHO, I thin it is the mark of a true fan. I hope and pray, by the grace of any willing higher power, that we make the playoffs. I believe its possible until the reality states that it no longer is.

And I think that is where most of the frrustrations come from.

After they way we played at the end of last year, I expected to win.

Earlier on, after such a bad start, I would hope for a win, and be excited to get one.

It's just a different thing when you expect something and dont get it.:\

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Unfortunately, horns don't grow all that well in hospital beds.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

This year the RAMS have become Lambs.
    Bite your tongue.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by djones39 View Post
    Like most of you, I can n o longer talk to my buddies, or coworkers, or girlfriend. My days have been ruined, and my heart has been battered.

What hurts the most is knowing this:

On Sept 8, if someone, punk, woman, man , animal, whoever, would have said,

"The Rams, suck, and I'll bet you that they'll be 0-5"

Not only would I have laughed histerrically, I would have bet my life, I mean literally, my life.

This is just killing me, how far we are, away fromwhat i expected/ believed. It sucks when you expect to win and dont, my life has been consumed with confusion.

Someone please chear me up,

Because If the above scenario would have actually happened, I would truly be a dead man. I just can't swallow this 0-5 start.

Everyday it feels like i'm living a nightmare.

Thanks
    Try living in my shoes for a day.

Every Monday morning I have to listen to "My Condolences" and did you watch a real football team play Sunday. You see I'm surrounded by Patriots fans everywhere except at home. You just have to be ready with the comebacks or just brush it off. I can tell you I'm not real good at just brushing it off!!!

keith m. klink Guest

Pull Up Your Skirt Alice!!! And Get In The Game . We Are Going To Hurt Someone Bad , And Very Soon .

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Try living in my shoes for a day.

Every Monday morning I have to listen to "My Condolences" and did you watch a real football team play Sunday. You see I'm surrounded by Patriots fans everywhere except at home. You just have to be ready with the comebacks or just brush it off. I can tell you I'm not real good at just brushing it off!!!
    I believe that your dead. I mean you've got to be in hell right? Kudos, for not making the six o'clock news. Or maybe you already have......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Milan is offline Registered User

Kinda embarrassing for me going to school every Monday, when I have Patriots and Colts fan friends. Good thing I have a Dolphin fan friend that takes a lot more heat.

Ramazing is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Pull Up Your Skirt Alice!!! And Get In The Game . We Are Going To Hurt Someone Bad , And Very Soon .
    Especially funny since my wife is named Alice!

blood85 is offline Registered User

I think we all have to "hear it" from the "other fans", (i.e. *****,pats, cowboys,faiders,etc). The beauty about the NFL is that there is always next year. I know, some of you (most I hope) want wins NOW. The reality is , we are NOT winning. We just play the games and move on. Since starting 0-5 wasn't the start we all expected, that is our current situation. Let's just take it one game at a time and see how our team performs. I for one am not surprised we are 0-5. I was never sold on the secondary and we have some "weak" linebackers with the exception of WW. The D line is still trying to find itself and AC seemed like a solid choice as a rookie draftpick. I don't think that anyone believed that by adding Bennett and Mcmichael, we were a sure lock for the Superbowl. And Linehan?? Well that's a whole other topic. Let's just try to win some games and get some starters back healthy.

Rambos is online now Registered User

With the 1st overall pick of the 2008 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select......
    We will play hard, try and win with whats left on the roster. I know we are a good team, you know we are better then our 0-5 record. It is what it is...Look at some of the young guys doing well. Ryan! AC! Wade getting time. Hill will be back up this week.BL looks like the real deal.

The Cards and the Whiners loaded up due to their poor records. Due to injuries, we will add even more talent to this young team. Top 5 pick for sure. Try and look at the young guys as much as you can, thats what I do
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-11-2007 at 09:05 PM.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Call it karma, or Sienfeld's law of averageing, but out of these ashes will rise another run. We paid and paid and along came Dick Vermiel and Kurt Warner and it was our time. Out of nowhere it happened. Even the Pats paid dearly for their throne.

We might yet right our ship and then it could very well be next year.

I hate our prediciment too. But I have to find my happiness where I can. Football to me is like hockey or soccor if the RAMS aren't playing.
    The break, don't bend offense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast