Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Here are ALL the possible outcomes for the next three weeks (*UPDATED*)

Rams (6-7) Remaining Games
    Week 15: Kansas City
    Week 16: San Francisco
    Week 17: @Seattle

Seahawks (6-7) Remaining Games
    Week 15: Atlanta
    Week 16: @Tampa Bay
    Week 17: St. Louis

Niners (5-8) Remaining Games
    Week 15: @San Diego
    Week 16: @St. Louis
    Week 17: Arizona

Here are all the possible outcomes for the final three weeks:

Rams win remaining 3 games

The Rams automatically win the division with a 9-7 record.

Rams win 2 of 3 remaining games
    • If the wins are against SF and SEA, the Rams win the division. Seattle can finish no better than 8-8, and the Rams win the head to head tiebreaker, while the Niners would finish no better than 7-9.
    • If the wins are against KC and SEA, the Rams win the division (by virtue of head-to-head over Seattle) as long as the Niners do NOT sweep their remaining games. If the Niners were to sweep, they would finish at 8-8 and win either the head to head tiebreaker with the Rams, or the three-team tiebreaker with the Rams and Seahawks.
    • If the wins are against KC and SF, the Rams win the division only if Seattle loses its next two games, thereby giving the Rams the best overall record in the divison (Seattle would finish 7-9, and the Niners would finish no better than 7-9). Notably, this is the only scenario in which the Rams could clinch the division before Week 17.
    Rams win 1 of 3 remaining games
    • If the single win is vs. KC or SF, the Rams CANNOT win the division, as Seattle would finish no worse than 7-9 in this scenario (having beaten the Rams in Week 17), and would hold the tiebreaker. San Francisco could also win the division in this scenario if it wins at least 2 of its remaining games.
    • If the win is vs. SEA, the Rams win the division if (1) Seattle loses at least one more of its remaining games, thereby finishing 6-10 or 7-9, and (2) San Francisco loses its other two (non-Rams) games, thereby finishing 6-10. Note: because of this scenario, if the Niners lose Thursday night to the Chargers, and Seattle loses to Atlanta on Sunday, the Rams CAN'T be eliminated before Week 17, even if it loses its next two games.
    Rams lose all 3 remaining games

The Rams cannot win the division at 6-10.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-16-2010 at 01:42 PM.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Here are ALL the possible outcomes for the next three weeks

I could see us winning the next two games at home. SF losing the next two games on the road against Rams and SD. Seattle losing the next two against a good Atlanta team at home and a tough road game in Tampa. If that would happen we would clinch the division in Week 16 and the road game against Seattle would not matter.

Rams After Week 16:
    Week 15: Kansas City W 7-7
    Week 16: San Francisco W 8-7
    Week 17: @Seattle (Dont matter)

Seahawks After Week 16:
    Week 15: Atlanta L 6-8
    Week 16: @Tampa Bay L 6-9
    Week 17: St. Louis (Dont matter)

Niners After Week 16:
    Week 15: @San Diego L 5-9 (Dont matter if Rams beat them Week 16)
    Week 16: @St. Louis L-5-10
    Week 17: Arizona (Dont matter)
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-14-2010 at 05:42 PM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Thats the best case scenario, one we are very capable of doing. I too believe we should be able to win the next two, and the rest, all fall down. We do have two home games against, not the best teams in the league. So im quite optimistic with the scenario's.
    We must beat Kansas City this week, Ill be keeping my fingers crossed that Matt Cassell doesnt play.?
    Because the ***** are really going to bring it in the rematch, after getting beat by San Diego. There's no easy games in December.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -12-14-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Who would have thought that rams fan would be playing this scenario game with 3 games left. And it looks like the division is ours to lose rather than hoping for other results.

i hope cassel stays on the sidelines

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Nice read! thanks for taking your free time to make this!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

my head hurts
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

What about ties?

...just kiddin. Good work.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    What about ties?

...just kiddin. Good work.
    LOL!

Quite interesting indeed, to consider these possibilities next to the other three teams in the division. And to think there is a real 'CAN DO!' scenario for the Rams!

Nice job, AV.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Before the season began, who really thought that we would still control our own destiny at this point?
    Good work breaking it down AV. That Seattle game could be the biggest game we've played in YEARS.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Before the season began, who really thought that we would still control our own destiny at this point?
    Good work breaking it down AV. That Seattle game could be the biggest game we've played in YEARS.
    Well I'll be man enough to say I didn't see this coming. When the year started I thought a 5-6 win season would be great, and a 2-3 win season a real possibility with a rookie QB. I never really thought we'd be discussing playoff possibilities in week 15.

..and I am loving every minute of it. It seems like forever since I felt this anxious about the Rams next game. The excitement building up to this weekend will be (IS) incredible, starting with the Whiners game on Thursday. Although a loss there isn't a death blow to their playoff hopes, a surprise win would definitely alter the playoff picture and make them a real threat.

Most are talking about the Rams clinching in game 17 at Seattle. I think the Rams must clinch at home against the Whiners. I do not want it to come down to the final game, at Seattle with a rookie QB. My heart can't take it. BTW, I don't see the Hawks winning either the Atl or the TB games, so two wins at home for the Rams is what I think they need to do.

...and what better way to win the division but to clinch at home against the hated Whiners.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Well I'll be man enough to say I didn't see this coming. When the year started I thought a 5-6 win season would be great, and a 2-3 win season a real possibility with a rookie QB. I never really thought we'd be discussing playoff possibilities in week 15.

..and I am loving every minute of it. It seems like forever since I felt this anxious about the Rams next game. The excitement building up to this weekend will be (IS) incredible, starting with the Whiners game on Thursday. Although a loss there isn't a death blow to their playoff hopes, a surprise win would definitely alter the playoff picture and make them a real threat.

Most are talking about the Rams clinching in game 17 at Seattle. I think the Rams must clinch at home against the Whiners. I do not want it to come down to the final game, at Seattle with a rookie QB. My heart can't take it. BTW, I don't see the Hawks winning either the Atl or the TB games, so two wins at home for the Rams is what I think they need to do.

...and what better way to win the division but to clinch at home against the hated Whiners.
    Ditto to everything! It is awesome to wake up on Sunday mornings feeling like a kid on Christmas with anticipation of what is to come. Let's go Rams, Chargers, and Falcons!

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Great post av, I have this bookmarked for my next few weeks haha. Lets take care of the chiefs and revisit. This is the time of the year we don't look ahead too much. WE have to take it one game at a time

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Nice job Av. I like that, in a way, this week's game means nothing, but at the same time, it means a whole lot. It puts an emphasis on the game, while not adding much pressure. If we win, great, but it means nothing if we lose. As long as we clean up our division games, we go to the playoffs, which is what we said two weeks ago. I don't like the fact that it'll come down to a game in Quest, but that's definitely where it looks like it'll head.
    I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Nice job Av. I like that, in a way, this week's game means nothing, but at the same time, it means a whole lot. It puts an emphasis on the game, while not adding much pressure. If we win, great, but it means nothing if we lose. As long as we clean up our division games, we go to the playoffs, which is what we said two weeks ago. I don't like the fact that it'll come down to a game in Quest, but that's definitely where it looks like it'll head.
    No doubt.

Four of the five scenarios that put the Rams in the playoffs involve a win @Seattle. The only exception is the Rams winning in the next two weeks and Seattle losing their next two. Possible, but, perhaps, not all that probable.

In case anyone is wondering (in light of the article posted yesterday), if the Rams finish 7-9 with their one victory @Seattle AND Arizona sweeps, the Rams STILL win the division over the Cardinals by virtue of a better record in the division (3-3 vs. 2-4).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast