Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Here is a look at our depth chart and what we have done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    But perhaps you should have avoided calling it a depth chart if you only had the starters in mind. LOL
    Depth chart does not necessarily mean who is next in line at each position. You can look at all the NFL depth charts of teams and I am sure we could argue about each one of them not being accurate under that interpretation. We could probably argue in the middle of the season after seeing all the players play. Its hard enough to argue on this team who the starters will be let alone the 2-4th backups. I meant to poast this as a depth chart to show our options at the positions and tried to lay out who our starters where. The backups are anyones guess as to who the first off the bench is. I am sure if we all set down and wrote out the entire depth chart with which is second, third, and fourth best backup sealed it in an envelope and let Dez read it off at a ceremony you would not get two depth charts the same.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Look like I said above if you would read the other post. The backup order may not be where listed. I got lazy and did not feel like putting three days into this post in moving players around and everything else after getting their measurements etc. As for Laurinatis I absoluetly disagree he will be the starter from day 1 IMO. I agree with a lot of this person should be backing up that person, etc. but this was meant more to say who we have for the positions and who I thought the starters would be. I did not scrutinize the back up positions like I normally do. This took up enough of my time. I guess you don't know this but Dane Looker is not on the team and this is what we have done so far if you read the title. I will switch the G positions as that was a mistake Thank you.
    Dane Looker is not on the team? WOW we dont have a veteran WR? Spags get on the horn and get Amani Toomer. How are we supposed to develop WRs without a veteran WR?

Wait if Lauriniatis is the starting MLB who is the Defensive Team Leader (with the mic)? James Butler?

The reason i think Draft will be the starting MLB is because he knows Fajole back in Carolina and he is a vet. Also Spoon hates the mic.

Also James (i hate spelling his last name we need a nickname for him like Cogs) played SLB in Ohio State before he started at MLB. So maybe Culberson vs. James.

Also here is something i want to get out there. Jacob Bell was signed by our old regime so he shouldn't be a started because he is getting paid. I see it like this:

LT- Smith (6-5 309 pounds)
    LG- Shueling (6-3 315 pounds)
    C- Brown (6-3 320 pounds)
    RG- Cogs (6-3 330 pounds)
    RT- Barron (6-7 315 pounds)

Look at that size and mass. Think about it Jackson pounding it between C-OG and OG-OT.

jbell15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Dane Looker is not on the team? WOW we dont have a veteran WR? Spags get on the horn and get Amani Toomer. How are we supposed to develop WRs without a veteran WR?

Wait if Lauriniatis is the starting MLB who is the Defensive Team Leader (with the mic)? James Butler?

The reason i think Draft will be the starting MLB is because he knows Fajole back in Carolina and he is a vet. Also Spoon hates the mic.

Also James (i hate spelling his last name we need a nickname for him like Cogs) played SLB in Ohio State before he started at MLB. So maybe Culberson vs. James.

Also here is something i want to get out there. Jacob Bell was signed by our old regime so he shouldn't be a started because he is getting paid. I see it like this:

LT- Smith (6-5 309 pounds)
    LG- Shueling (6-3 315 pounds)
    C- Brown (6-3 320 pounds)
    RG- Cogs (6-3 330 pounds)
    RT- Barron (6-7 315 pounds)

Look at that size and mass. Think about it Jackson pounding it between C-OG and OG-OT.
    I hope you mean greco not scheuning. I also don't think that we should just GIVE the job to Bell either. However, he has said before in this offseason that he is working on beefing up. So if he can get to like 310-315, then it should be a three way battle between greco cogs and bell for 2 spots. The best players WILL play. Also, Barron should be at RT now that we have smith. Even though i think Barron is an adequate LT, i don't think we should change both of their position's. J-smooth will be a beast form day 1.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Depth chart does not necessarily mean who is next in line at each position. You can look at all the NFL depth charts of teams and I am sure we could argue about each one of them not being accurate under that interpretation. We could probably argue in the middle of the season after seeing all the players play. Its hard enough to argue on this team who the starters will be let alone the 2-4th backups. I meant to poast this as a depth chart to show our options at the positions and tried to lay out who our starters where. The backups are anyones guess as to who the first off the bench is. I am sure if we all set down and wrote out the entire depth chart with which is second, third, and fourth best backup sealed it in an envelope and let Dez read it off at a ceremony you would not get two depth charts the same.
    Well, thanks for expounding on your definition of the term depth chart, LOL. Can't say that I really agree, any more than I agree with your defintion of Robinson as part of the draft class rather than a FA.

I can see that a depth chart is always debatable at some positions as to what the order is & the importance it has, but at others ,the order is crucial and usually well-defined until injury strikes,eg the o-line, primary back-ups at RB and QB.

And the horizontal chart,if you will, is equally important,if more fluid, eg which LB/DL at which spot & in what combination.

What you are describing sounds more like 22 positional rosters in arbitrary order except where you made a factual mistake or wanted to make a decision for which you have no evidence except your opinion,eg Robinson starting over Burton,flipping the guards, and omitting names like Fells.Even assigning the OTs to one side or the other is a guess.

If you're going to put out a factual list, all I'm saying is you should be accurate and complete or you will confuse me and others into thinking all of these things are conscious choices that are fair to challenge.

In any case,why bother putting out the pieces of the puzzle which we all know if you didn't want to see how we would put them together?

Sure, it's messy & purely speculative but it's fun
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -04-27-2009 at 07:49 PM.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

You have to consider it as part of our draft when you evaluate our draft not doing so is slighting what we got out of our draft. Why argue over acquired versus draft it really don't matter how I listed it he is on the team.
    wow, you're really fired up about this aren't you?

look, I don't HAVE to do anything of the kind. but again, you can consider him as a draft pick if you want.

but I haven't been arguing the issue, so trying to make me out like the bad guy now is lame.

i simply pointed out in a non contentious way what i believed (and still believe) was a minor clerical error in your post. you're the one that shoved it back at me telling me how i was wrong and that he since he was traded for draft picks, he has to be considered a draft pickup.

listen, if you don't want to change it and you're happy with your thread, then good for you. sorry i tried to help.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I really don't like the idea of Cogs as one of our starting guards. I would much rather have Greco or Schuening start instead. But, no matter what happens though, I'm almost sure that whichever side Jason Smith plays on (LT or RT) that his side will be very dominant.

Ex. Smith - Bell - Brown
    Smith - Greco/Cogs - Brown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12