throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Here are some number for you

Rams - 79
    Opponents - 177

This is the points differences in the second half. Opponents have put up nearly a 100 more points on this team and we have only scored 79. That people is a problem. This should not be this way even with all the injuries, so no one can use that as an excuse. We are simply out coached in the second half on both sides of the ball. We make NO adjustments and are stale. All the life has been sucked from us by then.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Re: Here are some number for you

Right on. I'm sure some people will find a way to pin this on injuries. Did anyone get injured on their way to or from the locker room at halftime? Otherwise it's the same guys on the field in the last 30 minutes as in the previous. The difference here is mainly coaching. The coaches on the other side of the field simply figure Linehan out and he doesn't change or adjust anything to compensate for it. Once they have a taste of what Linehan's gameplan for the day looks like they know what he'll do next because he cannot adjust and that's why we're shut down in the 2nd half.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Jason, I've tried this argument before. The response you're going to get from the Linefans is that "injuries have hurt our depth, and that leads to bad second half performances" or "we've had injuries during games that hurt us in the second half."

You can't win with these people. If you write I'm not ignoring the injuries, I just think Linehan's poor coaching is an additional problem, five minutes later they'll post "but you're ignoring the injuries."

Rambos is offline Registered User

we are simply out coached in the second half on both sides of the ball.
    I would not say the same for the defense, it gets worn out from the shell game that Linehan goes into with a lead.

Sunday

3rd Quarter

3 and out punt

9 plays punt

2 plays INT

4 plays punt

4th Quarter

10 plays punt

5 plays punt

Last drive end of the game 11 plays, best drive is when the game is on the line. If you canít take some time off the clock, take some shots down field, go hurry up, Hmm thatís what they did to us they made an adjustment that worked. All I know we is we put up 17 points in the first half and the same group of guys canít get it done in the second half.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-26-2007 at 01:20 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Rams - 79
    Opponents - 177

This is the points differences in the second half. Opponents have put up nearly a 100 more points on this team and we have only scored 79. That people is a problem. This should not be this way even with all the injuries, so no one can use that as an excuse. We are simply out coached in the second half on both sides of the ball. We make NO adjustments and are stale. All the life has been sucked from us by then.

Shame on you for calling out the coaches thats just rediculous its the players not executing. The trend of us not scoring in the second half is just a lack of execution. LOL time for you to get the Losehan supports on your back now. He has to go!
    Just Fix It

Rambos is offline Registered User

4-10-SEA 20 (6:16) 1-R.Plackemeier punts 56 yards to STL 24, Center-89-B.Stutz. 82-D.Hall to SEA 39 for 37 yards (57-K.Bentley).

Dante gives us the ball on the 39 of SEA!! Hey coach find a way with that beat up O line to move the ball into a sure FG! Calls some plays using SJ to get at least a FG!

5:24) 12-G.Frerotte pass short right intended for 81-T.Holt INTERCEPTED by 23-M.Trufant at SEA 33. 23-M.Trufant to SEA 33

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Jason, I've tried this argument before. The response you're going to get from the Linefans is that "injuries have hurt our depth, and that leads to bad second half performances" or "we've had injuries during games that hurt us in the second half."

You can't win with these people. If you write I'm not ignoring the injuries, I just think Linehan's poor coaching is an additional problem, five minutes later they'll post "but you're ignoring the injuries."
    I'm not a Linefan, or a Linehater (is that the scientific term). Personally I feel it is pretty stupid to pick sides and trying to make being a rams fan a bicameral institution. We are all Rams fans and have to unite under the horns. You can blame linehan for his poor adjusting in the second half. He is a new coach, you are forgetting this is his first head coaching gig. We knew we were getting basically an offensive coordinator as a head coach, and we excepted that.

I am all for Linehan being blamed when his blame is due. What bugs me is when Linehan gets blamed for the offensive line injuries, Bulger getting injured, fumbles, interceptions, holes not opening up on the line, etc. Some of it is a result of bad playcalling, but seriously now. People blaming Linehan that Gus fumbled at the end of the game, because it is "his" guy. This guy is a backup, and is just as good as any other backup qb in the league (heck he started 8-8), and blame Linehan cause he brought a guy in who knows his system? If Bulger fumbled the ball would you have blamed Linehan? No? because he isn't Linehan's "guy"? Why do some of us connect dots that are not there and don't connect ones that are inconvenient to their hatred of Linehan? All I'm saying is there are two sides to every story. I don't see why us fans use everything that happens just another reason to fire Linehan. Making these assumptions will not influence the front office, and for the most part what is Linehan's faults and not (as much as you would like to believe the members of our FO are not rabid apes in suits), and will act accordingly.