Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Here is your opportunity

All you fans that find it necessary to find each and every thing wrong with this team your week it this week to shine. You all should have a field day pointing out all the dysfunction in this entire organization. You will all have the opportunity to join what I am sure will the be a media frenzy about all the incompetence surrounding this team.

OR

You can slow down, remember this is only the second game of the season. Remember the learning curve of this entire team. And keeping in mind a VERY important piece of the day, we had a patch work interior line going in and we ended up losing our biggest asset early on (big O). We have issues. No doubt. But we can't be getting bent already. In the words of a great man...."shot, we can fix that".

jkramsfan Guest

Re: Here is your opportunity

i respect everyone who has the DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY attitude,about the rams,but in the nfl every game is a big game and if you want to make the playoffs you cant lose games like this,we have a lot of tough games ahead so we need to beat teams like the niners to get the 10-11 wins we need.

raminsyr Guest

AWWWWW C'mon, we lost to the whiners AGAIN. Jeeez, Ihad hoped we'd build on last week.
    This is depressing.

raminsyr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    i respect everyone who has the DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY attitude,about the rams,but in the nfl every game is a big game and if you want to make the playoffs you cant lose games like this,we have a lot of tough games ahead so we need to beat teams like the niners to get the 10-11 wins we need.
    A-FREAKIN' MEN

Rambos is offline Registered User

You could just say we lost to Denver and beat the whinners. Either way we are 1-1 and still have a 14 games to go.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    You could just say we lost to Denver and beat the whinners. Either way we are 1-1 and still have a 14 games to go.
    I am glad to say we beat the Broncos, and it just shows that we DO have the talent, and thats why everyone is moaning about this loss because we all know that we could've won if we had that D we had last week, and a better looking offense, it's just so frusterating to see our guys struggle out there so much, and to see a lot of talent on D last week, to totally change from last week to this week being terrible is just mind-boggling to me. It kills me to see a loss like this, and I can't blame people for overreacting, we've all done it before...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I'm not one of those people pointing out every little thing that is wrong with this organization. I like many people on this board I'm guessing are frustrated right now. We took the field by force in week one and showed what our defense could do to a play-off caliber team. I was upset with the lack of offense, but I let it slide considering how good the Denver defense is and the fact that it was the first game and it's a new offense. But this week was just un-acceptable. The defense wasn't showing any of it's aggressive tendencies. The offense showed some bright spots but not many. It's just frustrating that we couldn't beat this team that we should have been able to beat in our sleep. We should have been able to light up there secondary. We should have been able to easily walk away from that game 2-0. Instead we walk away 1-1. These easy wins that turn into losses begin to stack up quite quickly.

SFCRamFan Guest

I am very frustrated by this loss. However, I will stick to my earlier prediction that the learning curve for the new systems will take 4-6 weeks before the team begins to understand and believe. This game was just one of those frustrating bumps along the learning curve. If we are not at least 3-3 or better by week 6 then I will reach for the panic button. I just see us getting better over time and improving over last year. Let's just hope that we get our line in order or we will be calling for Ferotte (or Fitz if things get really bad) because Bulger is going to get hurt behind a patch work line.

:l

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post

You can slow down, remember this is only the second game of the season. Remember the learning curve of this entire team. And keeping in mind a VERY important piece of the day, we had a patch work interior line going in and we ended up losing our biggest asset early on (big O). We have issues. No doubt. But we can't be getting bent already. In the words of a great man...."shot, we can fix that".
    Yes, and No. Yes is the second game, Yes we lost Orlando and Cog was playing in an unusual position and you can say that 3 OL are "new" to the system (Cog, Steussie and Goldberg), however, SJ ran for over 100 yards, so, what's wrong with the picture...

I'm Bulger biggest fan but he played like a rookie, he didn't see the blitzes and they have been blitzing all day long. You can't blame the OL, you have to get rid of the ball faster.
    I love Marc and I love the Rams. He lost this same game last year.

But, hey, it is the second game, but IMO Marc HAS TO step up

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    You can't blame the OL
    Yeah actually you can. You can blame both, as a matter of fact. Bulger had some misses today despite having adequate time, but this line had three guys playing out of position and allowed quite a bit of pressure. To say you can't blame them makes me wonder what game you were watching. Klopfenstein takes his share of blame as well for one or two whiffs that resulted in sacks, and Jackson missed a guy that came free right by either Steussie or Goldberg. The protection is a big issue, especially for a quarterback still adjusting to an offense that's stressing mistake-free football.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

I choose this option. Although I am equally frustrated with a loss to the *****, I am also a realist and know that this is a new coaching staff, a torn up O lone, and a quarterback who has obviously not settles in to the system yet. Having said all that, Stephen Jackson continues to impress me, and I think Linehan has done a good job putting together the pieces we need to succeed in the long run. I am patient...I survives Vince Ferragamo, John Robinson, Jim Everett, Rich Brooks, Tony Banks, Larry Marmie, and Mike Martz...

:l

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah actually you can. You can blame both, as a matter of fact. Bulger had some misses today despite having adequate time, but this line had three guys playing out of position and allowed quite a bit of pressure. To say you can't blame them makes me wonder what game you were watching. Klopfenstein takes his share of blame as well for one or two whiffs that resulted in sacks, and Jackson missed a guy that came free right by either Steussie or Goldberg. The protection is a big issue, especially for a quarterback still adjusting to an offense that's stressing mistake-free football.
    What I'm saying, Nick, is that if you know that your O line by default is very "porous", when you have 3 new guys you (by Marc) should be ready to get rid of the ball faster.
    If your RBs runs for over 100, the O line is not the problem, or your RB is superman.
    I know, is a new system, and Marc has to adjust, and he will, but IMO in this game, he just took too much time to throw the ball.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

What I'm saying, Nick, is that if you know that your O line by default is very "porous", when you have 3 new guys you (by Marc) should be ready to get rid of the ball faster.
    If your opinion is that the offense needs to adjust because of the deficiencies of the O-line, then that's a playcalling issue. While Bulger does have the ability to make some adjustments at the line, the plays are coming from Linehan. If shorter routes or screens or rollouts need to be called to counteract the line problems, that's his job.

If your RBs runs for over 100, the O line is not the problem
    You do realize run blocking and pass blocking are two vastly different things, right?

This would be like trying to say the Rams are a good run defense because they make a lot of interceptions. We're talking about two different aspects of the game, and even so, I don't think the Rams are a great run blocking team either.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Truth is offline Registered User

I'm not going to complain about any single portion of the Rams game. Everyone deserves equal amounts of scorn. Nor am I going to panic about the season. After seeing the pre-season, I really didn't expect we'd be setting the NFL on fire. What I do want (expect) to see is progress by the end of the season. I want to see our offense look like they actually know what they're doing out there. I want to see our defense playing with passion and purpose. Along the way, I'd like to see us actually beat the teams we should beat (Maybe even a couple we shouldn"t).
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

bigredman Guest

WE LOST TO THE FREAKIN WHINERS! DO YOU HEAR ME? WE LOST TO THE FREAKIN WHINERS! AGAIN!!!!!! Our first division game, and we lose to these jerks. I don't know, maybe you guys from outside California can't understand the PAIN this brings to us long time Ram fans where this was the ultimate rivalry. (I'm not saying you are not as passionate of fans as us here in California, just that your perspective is different).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast