Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Here's how I see it...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Here's how I see it...

The Rams have been in all three games at the start of the 4th Quarter.

They have done so despite the loss of two starting OL.

They have done so without their first round draft pick.

They have done despite playing 2 of 3 games on the road.

I'm disappointed in today's loss...particularly how the offense never got on track. Nonetheless, I still see the progress.

We have some coming games that are winnable.

We should be getting reinforcements in the form of Saffold, Wells and Brockers during the course of the season.

There's still a lot to look forward to, so I'm putting today behind me and moving on to next week... ITS BASH TIME!!!!
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -09-23-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Rambos, Nick, harrydog and 8 others like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Here's how I see it...

Yeah, I'm taking this same rational approach for the reasons stated above. We certainly have a ways to go, but we are headed in the right direction. Plus, the NFL is crazy: Saints 0-3 and lose to KC and Minnesota beats SF!!!

ANYTHING can happen! With steady improvement he Rams could be in the mix before all is said and done!

molbio44 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    They have done so without their first round draft pick.
    Has there been any news on Brockers lately? I'm excited for him to be out there. Hope he's back next week!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I too am taking this same approach.

As bad as the loss feels, it is a bit (tiny) good to know we could have been in a better chance to win if we didn't make two CRITICAL mistakes on two third downs. As bad a shape as the O put the D in, the D would not have given up 10 of the 16 points if they hadn't make thhose two STUPID penalties. With the score closer, would the INTs have happened? No one knows.

If this team can minimize or stop the stupid errors (penalties and game plan), they can win some games. They could be 2-1 or 3-0 right now if they had made better decisions so far. I will chalk those up to soo many rookies, so the future is looking better.

gap

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's encouraging that depite all the problems today, we were still in it until midway through the 4th quarter. The team could have easily given up early, but they didn't. We get a few players back from injury and who knows.

Losing was a disappointment, but like the loss in week one, the disappointment was over squandering chances to win, as opposed to frustration over complete ineptitude and hopelessness.
    mde8352gorams and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

bradwill is online now Registered User

Rams are getting there. Bears took advantage of the Rams' pretty suspect OL and also benefited by the Rams' D not being able to getout of the way from themselves and giving the Bears 2 1st downs from 3rd and longs that really hurt.

Not a bad effort today. Rams got overmatched on the OL vs. DL severely but managed to make it a game until the 4th qtr. Bears came out with a very good gameplan to minimize all of Cutler's weaknesses and executed it well on offense along with dominating our OL.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If we ever get a year where our offensive line stays on the field... Bradford'll tear some defenses up. Some catching would help too, Mr. Gibson(I'm super glad that I never posted in the I'm Sorry/regrets thread you posted Av!)...
    Last edited by TekeRam; -09-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    I believe!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Before the start of the season I thought this was a 5-6 win season, after the Redskins victory, I thought it was a 5-6 win season, now........

I think it's a 5-6 win season. There's just not enough talent on the O line to win more than that. They just don't have the talent or the depth to compete with the better teams in the NFL, week in and week out. They may steal one now and then, but it will be a struggle. I also said before the season that the Hawks and Cards were better, as well as the Whiners (even with a loss today) and that's still true. It will be one more year of holding down the NFCW cellar before the Rams climb out.

It is what it is.
    thoey and mde8352gorams like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Here's how I see it...

Exactly. We (I) always forget that on Gameday.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I saw a lot more signs of progress in a close fought game against a playoff calibre Lions team and a victory over the Redskins than I did today. Technically, yes, we were still in the game in the fourth quarter, but unlike the last two games, you'd never know that the game was as close as it was by the way the team was playing. We looked like we were chasing even when it was only a three point game.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

It could be worse thats all im gonna say i wont over react to this lose.Ive seen to much improvement this season so far to start point fingers and looking to firing someone lol.But i will point out our major flaws that we masked better week 1,2 vs 3.They will be here all season but again they are still problems and major ones at that.1 The lack of play making WR's,no explosiveness consistently or ability to win one on one match ups regularly.2 offensive line looses on basic 4 man rushes/blitzes way to often.Again not overreacting just points out major flaws ive been saying since opening day and not just because we lost today.These problems cant be fixed this season but we need to scheme a little better to cover up.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Didn't really talk up this game much because I thought it was going to be a tough one to win. The margins are still desperately thin for this young injury-depleted squad & missed chances like the Jenkins dropped INT & Gibson's missed catch really hurt, not to mention the penalty that extended their first FG drive. The Skins game included a lot of good plays on both sides of the ball but, let's be real, it helped a helluva lot that they lost Carriker & Orakpo.Imo, The Bears were able to attack weaknesses that WASH was not. And while it was no massacre, Sam took too many hits, for sure, but it seems he survived. The Rams need to get healthy PDQ & just keep Sam in one piece until it happens, bottom line for me.

No reason to panic or even really be upset; The Bears have a very solid defense, front & back.And the Ram defense kept it close. Whatever Bears fans want to call it is their business but if that was an "easy" win, I'd hate to see what an ugly one looks like.Just as we do about SJ, they better hope Forte gets healthy & stays that way.

However, I think, after 3 games, it's getting close to start time on the rookie clock here. Not at all happy to see Quick & Pead making so little contribution to this point. Why that has happened can be debated but I'm .....concerned.

Hopefully, they're just waiting for The Clan to show up officially before dazzling us all.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Just think, until a tipped interception returned for a TD, this was a 1 score game. The Rams are doing well. Just need to get that offense going.

cfin5256 is offline Registered User

I've liked what I've seen of the Rams under Fisher so far regardless of yesterday. It's obvious we still need some pieces but this a team we can be proud of no matter what. We're headed in the right direction and I find that I am enjoying the journey immensely.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    The Skins game included a lot of good plays on both sides of the ball but, let's be real, it helped a helluva lot that they lost Carriker & Orakpo.Imo, The Bears were able to attack weaknesses that WASH was not.
    The biggest difference in my opinion is that even at the beginning before anyone was injured in the Washington game, we were able to move the ball well. If not for a couple of dubious calls in the endzone, the Redskins game wouldn't have been as close as it was. In the Bears game, our offense--and the passing game especially--never really got it working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast