Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Here's how smart people view the Rams' offseason

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Re: Here's how smart people view the Rams' offseason

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    It never ceases to amuse me how certain people work so hard to prove they have the right to be negative... as if anyone is questioning that right.
    They work just as hard as certain people do to prove they have the right to be positive. I guess neither can exist without the other on any legitimate forum, just as long as the rules are not broken.
    I agree Av, the last time I looked, it wasn't against forum rules to be overtly negative, or equally overtly positive. Unless such opinions expressed were distasteful, disrespectful, or derogatory.

"Everyone has the right to extend one's fist, until that fist meets with the end of someone else's nose"

Everyone here should be big and brave enough to defend their opinions respectfully if they deem them assaulted.

Man, the off season (excluding FA and draft) can bee a drag.
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -03-18-2013 at 08:52 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    They work just as hard as certain people do to prove they have the right to be positive. I guess neither can exist without the other on any legitimate forum, just as long as the rules are not broken.
    You're missing the point. I've never suggested that someone is trying to take away my "right" to be positive because... well... that makes no sense.

If people want to be negative, have at it. Just don't post crap like "Av and his gang won't let me say this," because... well... its not true.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Well, ya see AV, when you refer to someone/anyone who disagrees with you as a 'moron' I'm bemused by your amusement. So, if you don't like my posts or anyone else's then perhaps you would consider ceasing to be 'amused,' and deal with it, with all due respect! Anyone has the right to be 'negative', whatever that means, and there's nothing that you can do about it. So, deal with it! Have a nice day!
    Oh, I see the problem... you didn't actually read my initial post. I didn't call anyone here a "moron." Rather, that was a reference to the mindless rabble that inhabits the Twitterverse.

Next time, read slower and pay attention.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Oh, I see the problem... you didn't actually read my initial post. I didn't call anyone here a "moron." Rather, that was a reference to the mindless rabble that inhabits the Twitterverse.
    Ya see, you were posting your comments on a fan forum not on the 'Twitterverse,' so I and it appears others took your remarks as a meant for the forum participants, and a forewarning to anyone who would dare to be negative about the Rams off-season & FA 'conquests.' I did read slowly and paid attention, so perhaps its unnecessary to remind me to do so (seemingly unnecessary jab). BTW, I think the verdict is in, namely that people on this board will post what they want to post and should do so, whether you or anyone else agree with it without fear of reprisal, which makes a lot of sense to me. I think UKRamFan expressed several people's thoughts quite eloquently and accurately, from across the Pond. Should be an interesting Draft and regular season.
    P.S. I haven't read every post in this thread, but don't recall anyone saying 'AV and his gang won't let me say this,' probably because at least I haven't noticed a 'gang' and frankly I'm not worried about it anyway and I suspect no one else is either. I've weighed in on the 'cheerleading' issue, and tried to clarify what I meant by the comment, so I'll move on to more productive threads. Have a great day!
    (Gosh these smileys are great!)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Ya see, you were posting your comments on a fan forum not on the 'Twitterverse,' so I and it appears others took your remarks as a meant for the forum participants,!
    My post was very clear. If you, or anyone else, simply can't understand written words, that's not my fault and its not my problem.

As it is, if indulged your nonsense enough. Either comment on the point of the thread (i.e. the Rams' long term approach to building the roster as opposed to certain fans' need for instant gratification), or move on.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

At this point, a smart person would have acquiesced, TR.
    As you failed to do so, well...sorta' makes AV's case.

Reason for this post, however, is to point out that, despite your outrage towards the use of the word "moron", it was actually you who threw the first (what I'll refer to as a "non-pc barb), when you referred to Hub and/or his post as idiotic.

Pick up your stones and go away.
    Last edited by VegasRam; -03-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234