Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Here's my PREDICTION!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Here's my PREDICTION!

Remember Scott Linehan? Remember after every loss we heard about the corrections that need to be made and that these things will be cleaned up? What happened? Things went from bad to worse.

Remember Spags? ReRead above......

Well Jeff Fisher has come out and said basically the same things. The big difference is, I believe him. Of course we'll have to wait until our next game against the Redskins to find out.

Let me be the first to say.....The RAMS are going to win this SUNDAY over the..... over hyped RGIII and his tribe of Redskins.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Re: Here's my PREDICTION!

I would give us a decent chance to win. It will definately be a good game to watch. I would like to see Fisher mix up the offense a bit, considering our banged up o-line.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Remember Scott Linehan? Remember after every loss we heard about the corrections that need to be made and that these things will be cleaned up? What happened? Things went from bad to worse.

Remember Spags? ReRead above......

Well Jeff Fisher has come out and said basically the same things. The big difference is, I believe him. Of course we'll have to wait until our next game against the Redskins to find out.

Let me be the first to say.....The RAMS are going to win this SUNDAY over the..... over hyped RGIII and his tribe of Redskins.
    Remember Martz? Shoot, we'll fix that.

I'm with you laram0, I trust Fisher when he says it'll be taken care of. I can't wait for the Redskins game and fully expect a win.
    Rambos and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Hey Mike any concerns about the three interceptions in the Fourth quarter? Shoot, we'll fix that.
    Hey Mike Warner got hit 14 times and sacked 6 times.... Shoot, we'll fix that.
    Yeah and I believed him because he made it sound like it was no big deal... LOL
    r8rh8rmike and molbio44 like this.

mark.a is offline Registered User

As amazing as RG3 was on Sunday, I cannot believe he is as good as he appeared. However, with all new QB's who break onto the scene in some amazing fashion, I tend to think it takes about 3-4 games of film for opposing DC's to figure out how to beat them.

Without making any prediction on how the Rams will fare, I will say that I think it will be EASIER for teams to beat Washington mid-season than in the first few games.
    Last edited by mark.a; -09-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Agrajag likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

The Shanahans devised a brilliant game plan that was perfect for RG3. It consisted of short drops with their questionable line(almost all 3 step drops) and 8 designed runs with two scrambles. He did not throw deep downfield all game. It was all short and intermediate. This is exactly how I would gameplan for a rookie, regardless of talent level as well.

He won't be able to read deep coverage consistently yet, so don't make him do it. He can run, and by showing the run, you then sell the play action and get the defense flat footed. With our defense, I'm playing RG3 with man coverage and a cover one shell. We don't need the deep coverage, because I'm not scared of their receivers(especially if Garcon is hurt), and I'm more scared of him eluding a tackle and getting downfield. Bring that safety down as a spy/cleanup guy. Make RG3 prove that he can beat us deep against Jenkins and Finnegan. I know Finnegan is better in a cover two playing close to the line, but if he's going to get paid to shut down a #1 receiver, let him show he can do it.

With that safety coming down, Quinn and Long can focus more on breaking down their protection without worrying about having to contain RG3 as much. They'll have cleanup support between the linebackers and the safety.

As I mentioned in a different thread, RG3 averaged about 3 seconds between snap and release on Sunday. I have a lot of faith in our corners to hold coverage for that long, and with 8 in the box/going into the box, they can clog the middle to keep Davis and Helu from getting open. I think I read that RG3's first 6 passes were behind the line of scrimmage... bring that 8th guy down and stuff the screens.

The Saints weren't ready for what the Redskins planned. Let's make Griffin beat us in a not so rookie friendly manner.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -09-12-2012 at 02:21 AM.
    Rambos, LARAM and Agrajag like this.
    I believe!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    The Saints weren't ready for what the Redskins planned. Let's make Griffin beat us
    Could it be because it was spags calling the D?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Could it be because it was spags calling the D?
    That and because he doesn't have the personnel to stop the Skins' gameplan.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

The Shanahans devised a brilliant game plan that was perfect for RG3. It consisted of short drops with their questionable line(almost all 3 step drops) and 8 designed runs with two scrambles. He did not throw deep downfield all game. It was all short and intermediate. This is exactly how I would gameplan for a rookie, regardless of talent level as well.

He won't be able to read deep coverage consistently yet, so don't make him do it. He can run, and by showing the run, you then sell the play action and get the defense flat footed. With our defense, I'm playing RG3 with man coverage and a cover one shell. We don't need the deep coverage, because I'm not scared of their receivers(especially if Garcon is hurt), and I'm more scared of him eluding a tackle and getting downfield. Bring that safety down as a spy/cleanup guy. Make RG3 prove that he can beat us deep against Jenkins and Finnegan. I know Finnegan is better in a cover two playing close to the line, but if he's going to get paid to shut down a #1 receiver, let him show he can do it.

With that safety coming down, Quinn and Long can focus more on breaking down their protection without worrying about having to contain RG3 as much. They'll have cleanup support between the linebackers and the safety.

As I mentioned in a different thread, RG3 averaged about 3 seconds between snap and release on Sunday. I have a lot of faith in our corners to hold coverage for that long, and with 8 in the box/going into the box, they can clog the middle to keep Davis and Helu from getting open. I think I read that RG3's first 6 passes were behind the line of scrimmage... bring that 8th guy down and stuff the screens.

The Saints weren't ready for what the Redskins planned. Let's make Griffin beat us in a not so rookie friendly manner.
    I've watched that game. It WAS a good gameplan for a rookie QB & exploited the weakened Saints LBs. At times WASH played well & should be credited but it was highly reminiscent of The Saints game vs The Rams last season; NO looked awful. Tons of penalties, dropped passes, etc. Hard to get a read on how good this WASH team or their QB really are because of it. What would you have thought of The Rams if the Saints game was the only one you'd seen ?

What I think I saw: a strong-armed & impressively-poised QB under pressure but not a particularly accurate medium-long ball thrower. He buys time with his mobility but NO actually didn't give up much to him on the ground. He's not Vick. Not yet. Their O-line & run attack was OK but I think that Skin fan is a little oversold on the backs. Morris strikes me as a poor man's SJ. We know what Helu can do. Royster = D-Rich,imo.

Tough ask for a depleted D-line; a running QB & solid diversified run attack.I think Garcon got hurt but I don't know how seriously. Otherwise, their WRs weren't wildly effective. TE Davis is sneaky good. Kind of what we hope Kendricks will be.

Much more concerned about their front seven on defense. The Saints seemed to figure it out by the second half - how often have we seen that with a Haslett gameplan ?- but still couldn't execute like they usually do. Lance Moore had quite a bit of success on the perimeter & I think they are generally vulnerable to speed in the back.

Their STs were a little shaky as well,iirc.

Because of the injured lines, I think you still have to call The Rams underdogs but not by as much as the media & our visiting fans seem to think.

macrammer is online now Registered User

I watched the game too both live and as a short DTV......and azul + teke hit nail on head...many designed plays to RB's and WR with quick drop 1-3 steps that exploited the weakness of the NO linebacker crew. The long TD to Garcon was a bumbling stumbling effort by NO. But, this kid looks to be real deal and I like the interview he did after the game....

Rambos is online now Registered User

Great post TekeRam

I'm still amazed at the game plan Fisher came up with against the Lions. That is a very explosive offense and Fisher had our secondary in position to keep them off balance and at time they looked very bad. Three INT's one for a pick six unreal. But in realty it should have been FIVE picks, we had two very easy INT's dropped.

I should not be surprised by how well Fisher out schemed his old coaching buddy. In 1999 there was this unreal high powered offense that would put points on the board at a track meet pace. Scored 526 points (32.9/g). They set all kinds of offensive records on the way to winning the SB. Jeff Fisher beat that team in the regular season and held them down to make a game out of it in the super bowl.

I'm sure he's is going to have RG3 confused at times.

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

The RAMS are going to win this SUNDAY over the..... over hyped RGIII and his tribe of Redskins.
    Why is he over hyped? Why so confident? Redskins THAT bad?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I can't wait for the Redskins game and fully expect a win.
    Why do you "fully expect a win"? Are we that bad? I mean I at least think you guys will give us fits and we do have troubles with you.

What you didn't mention is that he may have thrown quick passes most of the game, but he also bought time with his feet and was able to scramble and make big plays well after 3 seconds.

Something most people out of the market don't realize is that Shanahan didn't design the game that way, RG3 CALLED those plays because that is what the defense gave him. YES - he read the defense. Shanahan has praised him on his ability to read defenses. Once the short passes opened things up, everything fell into place.

You are forgetting all the looks on offense they gave them with the pistol formations. They have a lot in the wheel house that they are just beginning to roll out. Mark my words...as I'm sure you will

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    What I think I saw: a strong-armed & impressively-poised QB under pressure but not a particularly accurate medium-long ball thrower.
    Trying to figure where you are coming up with that? Medium to long balls are where he is most accurate. Did you not see the rope he throw across his body FAR down the field to Davis? How about the tight throw to Davis that Davis dropped? He has been nothing but praised for his accuracy.

Otherwise, their WRs weren't wildly effective.
    Aldrick Robinson had a TD and 4 grabs like Garcon. He has been a great young speedster who is doing very well who filled in nicely for Garcon. Moss has been great in the slot.

The Saints seemed to figure it out by the second half - how often have we seen that with a Haslett gameplan ?- but still couldn't execute like they usually do. Lance Moore had quite a bit of success on the perimeter & I think they are generally vulnerable to speed in the back.
    Completely disagree. The Saints couldn't score a TD in the second half UNTIL the fourth quarter when the Redskins went into a prevent defense looking to kill the clock. They shutout Brees in the 3rd quarter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast