Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Here's my PREDICTION!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Here's my PREDICTION!

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    Why do you "fully expect a win"? Are we that bad? I mean I at least think you guys will give us fits and we do have troubles with you.
    I like the way we played against a very good Detroit team, and I think we'll be more prepared, and more aggresive against your Skins. We'll also have a better idea of what to expect from RGlll. I'm not making a guarantee, but I really like our chances.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Why is he over hyped? Why so confident? Redskins THAT bad?
    RGIII had an outstanding 1st game for a rookie. By hyped, I mean I'm tired of hearing how great he played. It was one game against a less than stellar Saints defense and coaching staff. Congrats to the Skins for the win. Our RAMS defense is the strength of our team. We had Stafford rattled and confused for the better part of the game in Detroit. We have the youngest team in the NFL and that very close last second loss had to give our boys a shot of confidence. I felt like this was a winnable game on our schedule before the season started and that feeling hasn't changed.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

hmmmm a rookie QB against a pretty good defense. I like the Rams chances

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    hmmmm a rookie QB against a pretty good defense. I like the Rams chances
    With that thinking, the Redskins shouldn't win another game for the season.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Here's my PREDICTION!

Lot if good analysis.

In- game coaching is paramount in football. Unlike baseball and basketball.

I think the absence of Payton in that game was (basically) huge.

A, and B, we have a game's worth of film. In Fisher I trust.

And C, we're at home. Should be a good game.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

If the Saints won, no one would have brought up Sean Peyton. "The Saints won!? That's crazy! Sean Peyton hasn't even been there - he's there whole team!" - Said no one ever! But when they lose, all of a sudden Sean Peyton wasn't there. Oh well, what can you do.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I like the way we played against a very good Detroit team, and I think we'll be more prepared, and more aggresive against your Skins. We'll also have a better idea of what to expect from RGlll. I'm not making a guarantee, but I really like our chances.
    I'm not sure I'm buying the bolded part.

There was discussion here at the Clan prior to the Lions game about how Fisher's familiarity with Schwartz gave the Rams an advantage in the preparation department. Not to mention the extra days the coaches had to prepare coming off of a Thursday night preseason finale.

Now we're talking about a team with a virtual unknown at quarterback who only has one reel of game film the team can study and get ready for. While I don't doubt the Rams will be working hard to improve upon weak areas exposed during the Lions game, I don't think the Redskins represent an opponent they're going to be more prepared for than they were the Lions.

I would like to see some more aggressiveness from the Rams this week, because I feel like too often against Detroit, they let Stafford pick them apart with three and four man rushes that either (1) weren't getting there at all and giving Stafford decent time in the pocket or (2) weren't effective because of how quickly Stafford was getting the ball out.

If the Redskins' gameplan is quick drops and throws, they could find some success in neutralizing the pass rush. Having said that, I think one or two of the Rams' interceptions came off of quick drops and quick passes, so maybe they can jump some more routes.

One area I worry about is the tight end. The Redskins have a talented tight end in Fred Davis who, as I understand it, has been relatively quiet so far in terms of his role in the offense in preseason and the first game. Given the Rams' difficulty in covering Pettigrew and Scheffler at times last weekend, I could see Davis making some plays.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Trying to figure where you are coming up with that? Medium to long balls are where he is most accurate. Did you not see the rope he throw across his body FAR down the field to Davis? How about the tight throw to Davis that Davis dropped? He has been nothing but praised for his accuracy.

Aldrick Robinson had a TD and 4 grabs like Garcon. He has been a great young speedster who is doing very well who filled in nicely for Garcon. Moss has been great in the slot.

Completely disagree. The Saints couldn't score a TD in the second half UNTIL the fourth quarter when the Redskins went into a prevent defense looking to kill the clock. They shutout Brees in the 3rd quarter.
    The accuracy comment is justified by:
    1, 12:23 Q2 1st & goal. Throw on run to double-covered WR easily batted down. At best a poor decsion since he had #15 in the corner behind.

2,11:43 Q2 4th & inches On the run heave into EZ. Underthrown,imo. I thought the DPI was highly dubious & largely a result of the underthrow. And, no, I wouldn't believe it was intentionally short.

3,1:49 3Q 1st & 10 NO bite hard on play action so tons of time to launch deep left but underthrown & could have been & nearly was picked.Possibly WR ran too close to sideline ,too, to be fair.

4, 1:13 3Q 3rd &5 20-ish yder to left sideline. Looked high but could have been a mistimed WR jump.

I'm not saying he couldn't hit a barn door; just that there were some misfires in startling contrast to his rifle short stuff. Even the first TD pass to Garcon was high & a great grab.

I think it's an ensemble at WR for WASH just as it is for The Rams.Their individual numbers for this game & the impact they had wasn't that great but when so much comes on YAC, you do have to question the caliber of the defense.Maybe Garcon would have dominated like a true #1 but there was no go-to guy otherwise,imo. The Robinson TD was well-blocked & poorly-defended. He looks quick, though, and the throw was excellent but still only about, what ?, 10 yds. And it's more about type than distance;esp the lofted balls outside or on the run in general that seemed a little wonky.Given line of sight & time to set his feet, he throws a laser, no doubt

As for shutting down Brees, I think they self-destructed ALOT on both sides of the ball,inc essentially giving away a possession with that 12-man punt team fiasco.Not sayin' WASH didn't play well but it's a 60 minute game at least.In the second half The Rams held Megatron catchless until the last 2 minutes . He still made the plays that counted before & after. Converting two 4th downs into TDs is insane but it didn't seem unreasonable, considering the flow of play. They were already moving the ball. The Gomes pick was a gift & further helped your then-flagging,imo, defense.No, they just ran out of time & made too many blunders. WASH was responsible for a lot of them; a sound well-scouted gameplan with a relatively low level of risk- but you have to admit you got away with some breaks & The Saints were disjointed. What championship caliber offense false starts 3 times at home ?

Edit ps : The best throw RGIII made was the key first down over the middle to Paulsen. Again, it was well-blocked & not well-defended, but still a clutch read & throw. Whatever subtleties of the game he may lack right now, he's already a special player. I just hope he doesn't get it all figured out just yet. It'll be interesting to see how they attack The Rams D which is similar, quite frankly, to The Saints; fair bit of talent but disjointed & also injured. I hope they let the kid rip so Fisher can show him a few sly tricks that he can learn some lessons from. My gift to you.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-13-2012 at 01:29 AM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure I'm buying the bolded part.

There was discussion here at the Clan prior to the Lions game about how Fisher's familiarity with Schwartz gave the Rams an advantage in the preparation department. Not to mention the extra days the coaches had to prepare coming off of a Thursday night preseason finale.
    More prepared in their own execution and on-field communication, something that caused confusion against Detroit. Fisher said that would be cleaned up, and I believe him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12