Varg6 is offline Registered User

Hey, Money talks...

Ok so we are not the best supporting fans for a reason and for the people who are able to go to the home games...I understand why you don't want to waste your money going to the games this season. What I don't understand is if Shaw & Co. are so hellbent on keeping Linehan don't they realize that they are also going to be losing a lot of money? No fan in their right mind will even want to show up at games anymore simply because of Linehan. It is dreadful to watch; his offense, and frankly this team deserves a drastic change in many areas, most importantly being the head coach area. What I am trying to say is...they know that their fans aren't happy with Linehan yet they say he is going to be here another year...Do they know what they are risking financially?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Hey, Money talks...

I hope so, or we are in for another long year and a bunch of other fans taking over the dome. A very sad situation for us diehards.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Ok so we are not the best supporting fans for a reason and for the people who are able to go to the home games...I understand why you don't want to waste your money going to the games this season. What I don't understand is if Shaw & Co. are so hellbent on keeping Linehan don't they realize that they are also going to be losing a lot of money? No fan in their right mind will even want to show up at games anymore simply because of Linehan. It is dreadful to watch; his offense, and frankly this team deserves a drastic change in many areas, most importantly being the head coach area. What I am trying to say is...they know that their fans aren't happy with Linehan yet they say he is going to be here another year...Do they know what they are risking financially?

Where's the risk? Revenue sharing from tv alone guarantees Shaw and Co. quite a tidy sum, and if Ram fans sell their tickets to opposing teams' fans, the money still goes into the bank. If Shaw fires Linny, he (being the guy who hired him) will have to go to Georgia and say: "I hope you don't mind eating a few mil on my screwup on hiring Linehan over and above what you had to eat on Martz's contract." Maybe I've become jaded when it comes to current ownership and management, but I really don't think Shaw is worried as long as Georgia turns a profit.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

... and that's QUITE sad. Bet Carroll wouldn't have seen it that way.