Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Hi guys. Seahawks fan here...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Hi guys. Seahawks fan here...

HMMMMM, let's see, I hate every team in our division, However if I were to say who I want to win, I'd say SeaChickens cause I've been rooting for Rdub, since the combines. I'm an SC fan also. Go NFC West

RealRam is offline Registered User

Based on consensus so far, seems the only "win" recognized is Most Despicable Team Award to S.F.!

For me...

NEP -- SB Champs
    SEA -- runner up
    DEN -- kudos 3rd
    SF4 -- losers ... regardless!

Whiners... bahhhh!

Last edited by RealRam; -01-15-2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Speleen

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Bruce, I still hate the Patriots.

Anyway, Seahawks over niners, Broncos over Pats. Broncos over Seahawks. I pull knife out of my heart, one more time and hope for better Ram fortune next year.
    PARamfan and Randart like this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    I pull knife out of my heart, one more time and hope for better Ram fortune next year.
    Ram poetry. Nice.

Good job Moon.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-15-2014 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Moon

Richbert88 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    ........I'm also thinking that an NFC West Superbowl Champion as painful as it would be in the short term would be beneficial in the long term for the Rams. All players with contracts expiring (or with 1 year left) are suddenly worth a lot more and I see Seattle struggling to resign Sherman, Thomas, Wilson, Wright etc. to the big contracts they could demand.
    That is a fine approach. Either NFC West team winning will be good. And may the poaching of talent begin. "Got my ring, now I am playing for re$pect!"
    Semper Fi!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

This video sums up my thoughts on the game:

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I would like the Seahawks to destroy the Niners, only to be destroyed in the Super Bowl by the Broncos.
    I approve and second this statement.

demiurge is online now Registered User

Yeah, I hate the Pats. Murderers and cheaters Inc. Hard to respect a team like that. Biggest fine for cheating, both for an organization as a head coach - and then the NFL burnt the tapes so no one would ever see them. Almost certainly they were cheating before that time period. One hell of a big asterisk over their success.
    Randart likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I'm just rooting for the AFC. If you put a gun to my head and made me root for someone in the NFC game, I'd take the *****. I can't stand anything about the Seahawks. Their coach, their trash talking, their dirty play, their PED issues, their college uniforms, the list goes on. Did anybody read the article posted on PFT a few days ago? It had Kevin Gilbride and Louis Murphy explaining why the Seattle defense is so effective:

Quote Originally Posted by PFT View Post
    As explained by Kevin Clark and Jonathan Clegg of the Wall Street Journal, the Seahawks engage in blatant pass interference on a regular basis, accepting that a penalty will be called from time to time but realizing that the officials won’t call it every time.

“If you think they’re going to be called and expect that to be the solution to the problem, you’re going to be sadly mistaken,” former Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride told Clark and Clegg. “They’ve perfected the art.”

Gilbride added that the Seahawks engage in pass interference on nearly every passing play.

“They just seem to not care about the rules,” Giants receiver Louis Murphy said.

They surely care, but the Seahawks understand that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag for interference or defensive holding.

“They look at it and say, ‘We may get called for one but not 10,’” FOX’s Mike Pereira, a former V.P. of officiating, told Clark and Clegg.
    I'm not much of a fan of the Niners either but I have some respect for some of the guys on that team, (Gore, Boldin, Willis, etc.)

I hate to say it but I think I kind of agree with bruce4life in regards to New England. For the longest time it was real easy to hate them after the whole Spygate fiasco. But you have to respect that level of consistency that only the Patriots seem to bring year after year. Even with their coaching staff being repeatedly gutted and not very many blue chippers on the team at all, they are always in the hunt. I guess I have grown an appreciation for that.

Granted, I still hope Denver kicks the snot out of them. But if they make it to the Super Bowl, I think I'd probably have to pull for them.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

It's SO easy for me to continue to hate a team with a history of skirting the rules, getting away with murder, being the constant media darlings, and oh yeah, then there's Bill Belicheat, and pretty boy snob Tom Brady. Some of my favorite Super Bowl moments were watching Brady get his face planted again and again, as he went down in flames at the hands of the Giants, twice.

Yeah, those are sweet memories.
    ramsbruce, PARamfan and Randart like this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'll hold my nose and pull for the Seahawks, who as you alluded to, have gone from a tough, respectable division opponent, to a group of brash, trash talking, egotistical, cheap shot jerks. A lot of their fans (not all), have followed suit, and now have the same arrogant attitude. I need only look to your Bradford discussion over at Seahawks.net, where things evolved into personal attacks, mocking responses, and a "Rams fan go home, we don't want you here" mentality. Then YOU were banned to top things off. Shaking my head......

As far as the 12th Man, the Seahawks organization must not have a lot of faith in them, resorting to banning anyone with a California zip code from buying tickets for the game. I guess if you're a Seahawks fan in California, you're not welcome or worthy to watch your team in Seattle. Too bad the whole ridiculous plan won't work. There will no doubt be countless whiners fans in attendance.

And what kind of message does that send to Seahawks fans? Seems to me it's almost an endorsement to view opposing fans that make it into CenturyLink as intruders who deserve trouble. BTW, do the Seahawks still have to put undercover cops with opponents jersey's in the stands to thwart thuggery?
    Let's all make a pact that when it is our beloved Rams time (SOOOON) we stay as classy as we are!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Let's all make a pact that when it is our beloved Rams time (SOOOON) we stay as classy as we are!!
    No way! Payback is a you know what!

Okay, I'm just kidding. Where do I sign?

diehard99 is offline Registered User

im for the 49 ers to win for sure. I have great respect for them none for the seahags.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I'll go with a Whiner beatdown of Seattle to start; a pooping of the Hags' nest, the stench of which will linger. Then a Whiner last-second-gaffe-by-the-zebs snatching of defeat again, vs Denver, that will rankle worse than a smell. Let them become The Buffalo Bills 2.0.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I'm just rooting for the AFC. If you put a gun to my head and made me root for someone in the NFC game, I'd take the *****. I can't stand anything about the Seahawks. Their coach, their trash talking, their dirty play, their PED issues, their college uniforms, the list goes on. Did anybody read the article posted on PFT a few days ago? It had Kevin Gilbride and Louis Murphy explaining why the Seattle defense is so effective:

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    PFT[/B] ]
    As explained by Kevin Clark and Jonathan Clegg of the Wall Street Journal, the Seahawks engage in blatant pass interference on a regular basis, accepting that a penalty will be called from time to time but realizing that the officials won’t call it every time.

“If you think they’re going to be called and expect that to be the solution to the problem, you’re going to be sadly mistaken,” former Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride told Clark and Clegg. “They’ve perfected the art.”

Gilbride added that the Seahawks engage in pass interference on nearly every passing play.

“They just seem to not care about the rules,” Giants receiver Louis Murphy said.

They surely care, but the Seahawks understand that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag for interference or defensive holding.

“They look at it and say, ‘We may get called for one but not 10,’” FOX’s Mike Pereira, a former V.P. of officiating, told Clark and Clegg.

I'm not much of a fan of the Niners either but I have some respect for some of the guys on that team, (Gore, Boldin, Willis, etc.)

I hate to say it but I think I kind of agree with bruce4life in regards to New England. For the longest time it was real easy to hate them after the whole Spygate fiasco. But you have to respect that level of consistency that only the Patriots seem to bring year after year. Even with their coaching staff being repeatedly gutted and not very many blue chippers on the team at all, they are always in the hunt. I guess I have grown an appreciation for that.

Granted, I still hope Denver kicks the snot out of them. But if they make it to the Super Bowl, I think I'd probably have to pull for them.
    This is exactly why the officials need to call pass interference on every passing play, when it occurs. If they call it every time, they team will be forced to play within the rules, and this will make the game fair for both teams.

If they reaally believe "that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag", they need to watch game tape of RAMS games. They certainly didn't have a problem slowing "the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag" when the RAMS commited penalty ofter penalty.

And the reason the cheatroits are always in the hunt is because they apply the policy that PFT says the hags are applying. They deserve the least amount of respect as any team, because they have been getting away with this approach since belicheat has been their coach.

Plain and simple, slow the game to a crawl, if that is what it takes to make both teams play within the rules. They'll learn if they want to have a faster flowing game.

gap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast