Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    moloch41 is offline Registered User

Is Hill the only Bust?

Tye Hill has certainly showed that the Rams made a terrible decision taking him over Cromartie, but is he the only bust?

Alex Barron- besides for the head-scracthing fact that he can't seem to understand what a snap count is- he also doesn't seem like he understands blocking responsibilities. If he isn't a bust already- he is certainly teetering on the edge

Adam Carriker- really- does anyone even hear his name mentioned anymore? I know he's a NT and it's not like playing short stop for the New York Yankees, but it doesn't appear as if he's taking on all these blocks and freeing up other players to run free. Maybe he should have been left at DE where he played through college and we need to stop drafting guys with high picks as experiments?

Clifton Ryan- I was really expecting a lot out of this guy after what he showed last year and I'm not going to write him up as a bust anytime soon, but eventually, he's going to have to produce consistantly not to make it onto the unfortunate lists of Rams DL draft busts.

Then again, maybe the defensive scheme for the DL is just bad?

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Hill the only Bust?

Hill looks like a bust. He makes too many chances

Carriker is a victim of Jim Haslett. He should be playing DE, not DT. That was just stupid by the Rams. If they wanted a DT they should have drafted one!

Alex Barron is one of the dumbest men in the NFL. How can you not understand the snap count? Can he count to 2? 3? Apparently not

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I could have covered the eagles receivers better that he did! They were open all game long!!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Tye Hill is the only one that looks like a bust. I don't know how you call a 5th rounder a bust after one year anyway. Alex Barron had no more penaltys than anyone else yesterday.

Klop is a bust, Byrd was a bust, Wroten is a bust. Alston was a bust, Hagans... Adeyanju and Setterstrom seem to be the best players out of Linehans first draft. and they aren't starting. By no real fault of his own, Brian Leonard will be a bust.

Martz last draft was Barron, Bartell, Atogwe, Incognito, Jerome Carter, Claude Terrell, Fitzpatrick and Hedgecock. The first 4 picks are starters (or in Bartells case soon will be) Terrell had talend, character issues though. We had trade value in Fitz and Hedgecock is starting for the Superbowl winner.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

[quote=RedArcher7;242651]Alex Barron had no more penaltys than anyone else yesterday. [quote]

Yeah, YESTERDAY. What about all the times he did the same thing last year? The man is a mental midget

[quote=ScottD413;242654][quote=RedArcher7;242651]Alex Barron had no more penaltys than anyone else yesterday.

Yeah, YESTERDAY. What about all the times he did the same thing last year? The man is a mental midget
    Yes, that was my point- this wasn't about one game- this is his body of work and history with the Rams.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Because the football is known for the brilliance of its players...you can't call the man a bust when he locks up Michael Strahan. What about last year? I'd rather him give up 5 yards and keep the same down then give up 8, get Bulger wached and lose a down.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Although this is very hard for me to say......

What about Haslett and Linehan??? Busts?

btimsah Guest

I think it's a combination of over valued players and a tough scheme that make our defense suck. I wish we'd just run that cover 2 zone again.. it's not perfect, but it's much simpler and more consistent. I find it hard to believe that every defensive player we have sucks this bad. It's gotta be our scheme too..

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Because the football is known for the brilliance of its players...you can't call the man a bust when he locks up Michael Strahan. What about last year? I'd rather him give up 5 yards and keep the same down then give up 8, get Bulger wached and lose a down.

Ummm, last year he consistantly killed us with offsides penalites- putting us in 1st and 15 sitations or 2nd and long or 3rd and long all the time. Any time we got any momentum, he would jump offsides and kill it. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand a snap count- and after two years of not being able to figure it out- doesn't say much for him being a first round pick.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Had Hill been a 3rd round pick then he would be a work in progress but he wasn't he was numero uno baby and that makes him a bust in my book. More overvalued picks by this organization who seems to not be able to judge talent. In regards to Baron, I agree he does not come across a Einstein on the football field but more than that I think the whole team lacks focus and commitment. I mean at any time did you see a sense of urgency on that field yesterday? No it was another ho-hum day at the office and we're getting our ass handed to us again. When the coaching staff looks like they're either stoned or drunk on the sidelines, showing no emotion of intensity why should the players. I agree with another post that said that it looked like they wanted to loose. How else can you explain the total lack of effort.

Frito is offline Registered User

Drew Bennett is a BUST even though we didnt draft him. Did you see that FLOP he took? WEAK. He hasnt done a thing but come up with great excuses.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

You know I think we should always judge whether a player was a success or failure based on one random game in their career. Carson Palmer completed only 40% of his passes last game. He must be a bust. Steven Jackson averaged 2.9 yards/carry--quite a bit below average for an NFL back--so I guess he's a bust, too. And remember that season opener for the Chargers last year when Ladainian Tomlinson rushed 17 times for 25 yards, averaging a pitiful yard and a half per carry. He looked really awful. Bust, bust, bust.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Hill definately is beginning to really piss me off. All this talk about wanting to be a probowler. He's a bust!!!

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Hill looks like a bust. He makes too many chances

Carriker is a victim of Jim Haslett. He should be playing DE, not DT. That was just stupid by the Rams. If they wanted a DT they should have drafted one!

Alex Barron is one of the dumbest men in the NFL. How can you not understand the snap count? Can he count to 2? 3? Apparently not
    Not really. One of my best friends in high school could never get the snap count down. He was an offensive linemen btw. Was the #4th ranked student in our class too...I mean..it just a mental lapse. It happens, but for the most part..I thought he was the only one on the O-Line that played reasonably well.

As for Carriker, he's always getting doubled. Especially last year with no Little and a lot of this game. They were not havin' it with himself and Chris.

Tye Hill however, I don't know. The jury's still out on him IMO. At least he wants to get better. He loves the game..and is passionate about what he does. I love that kind of player..and usually in the end, it'll pay-off if you have that mentality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast