Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Hill Signs 5 Year Deal

Tye Hill Signs A 5 Year Deal According To The Rams Home Site.This is great news,he should be at practice monday morning.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -07-30-2006 at 07:00 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Hill Signs 5 Year Deal

Okay Tye, you're in. Now remember why and do your thing, young man! :ramlogo:

Thanks for the note, JK. I also saw it on the Rams site about 30 min. ago and wondered why they didn't at least wait for more information before making the announcement.

I think Tye Hill will hit the road running and wanting to prove himself right away.

Well, we're on our way! Let's get our D to a B+ and ready to win some games!!!

rams#1 Guest

I thought that tye would never sign, does antbody know if it was a money, or the lenght of the contract? I am glad he signed, now he just needs to get in camp and win the starting job.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i believe that the sticking point was the length of the contract. rams wanted six years, tye wanted five. i believe the rams caved to get it done.

great news that he will finally be in camp, just in time for him to still have a legit shot to compete for a starting job, which for the record, i dont really think he is going to win, but i wont really be surprised either way. I am sure that he will be starting at some point during the year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i agree gc, i dont think he will be a starter by week 1 but i believe that haslett will have a very short leash on these guys, produce or take a seat. so we could see him as a starter mid season.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

This is great news, now if we can work something out to get Bennett as our #2 RB we will be in good shape.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Im glad its finally done, the guy needs all the time in camp he can get so he can become a starter. Like people have said, week 1 is probably out of the question right now, even if he does have a brilliant showing over the ocming weeks. I dont think Haslett is a guy who would throw someone in at the deep end when there is capable cover available

RamWraith is offline Registered User

July 30, 2006

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The St. Louis Rams agreed to terms Sunday with cornerback Tye Hill, their first-round pick and the 15th overall selection in the draft.

Contract terms were not immediately available for Hill, who missed the first six practices. Coach Scott Linehan said the Rams would get the former Clemson player to training camp as soon as possible and expected him on the field for the first of two workouts on Monday.

Linehan found out that the deal had been finalized about 20 minutes into Sunday's afternoon practice. He said Hill also had a lot of remedial work ahead of him.

"He's got to catch up," Linehan said. "Those other guys have taken full advantage of their opportunity to get a head start.

"Tye's going to have to spend some extra time, but we're certainly glad to get it done, and we're happy both sides were able to get it done."

Updated on Sunday, Jul 30, 2006 6:52 pm EDT

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's good to see the "hold out" didn't last long and Hill will be in camp shortly, though for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the first Monday practice. The news is breaking relatively late, and if Hill isn't already in town (which I doubt he is), he might not be able to get here in time for the morning run.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    It's good to see the "hold out" didn't last long and Hill will be in camp shortly, though for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the first Monday practice. The news is breaking relatively late, and if Hill isn't already in town (which I doubt he is), he might not be able to get here in time for the morning run.
    I'd be getting that boy on a plane ASAP. He's already missed way too much, I'm sure he'll recover quickly, but I hate to see the kid struggle

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Well how many days of practice do they have left?
    Built RAM tough

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    I'd be getting that boy on a plane ASAP. He's already missed way too much, I'm sure he'll recover quickly, but I hate to see the kid struggle
    I'm sorry, but four days (six practices) is way too much? Not buying it. So soon you seem to forget Barron's two-week holdout of last season, or the days when franchise-tagged Orlando Pace wouldn't even show until the final preseason game.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Hill was smart and has been in town for a few days, so he wouldn't be wasting time travelling.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Hill was smart and has been in town for a few days, so he wouldn't be wasting time travelling.
    Yep, which is a very good thing. It's got to be hard for a rookie (maybe moreso for his team) for him to be in town but not able to participate in what's going on because of contract negotiations between his agent and the organization.

bigredman is offline Registered User

If the kid has been in town all this time, I suspect it was the Ram's front office that caused Hill to miss those practices. With all the signings coming down around them, going from a six to a five year contract is a small concession at the present time to make (you can always extend the contract later if the kid pans out to be a talent).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast