Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Re: Hill Signs 5 Year Deal

Apparently, 5 years is what both sides were gunning for. Maybe Hill's agent wanted the Huff clause.

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I'm sorry, but four days (six practices) is way too much? Not buying it. So soon you seem to forget Barron's two-week holdout of last season, or the days when franchise-tagged Orlando Pace wouldn't even show until the final preseason game.
    While I don't think Hill missing six practices will end up being a big deal, I'm not sure that your examples prove your point. Barron struggled out of the gate and didn't seem to really get comfortable until late in the season. And in the case of Orlando Pace, you can't really compare the need for a rookie to get in and get acclimated with one of the best offensive linemen in the league who has been in the system for years and knows exactly what he's doing.

On a separate note, anybody know why ESPN is reporting it as a four year deal? Five would make sense so maybe these guys just have it wrong. But does anyone have confirmation that it's five?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2534787

Half way down the page (past the Kelly Jennings signing), they talk about Hill...
    After spending the previous two nights in a hotel near Rams Park as negotiations neared completion, the Rams' first-round pick signed the contract on Sunday night. It is a four-year deal worth $11.1 million, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    While I don't think Hill missing six practices will end up being a big deal, I'm not sure that your examples prove your point. Barron struggled out of the gate and didn't seem to really get comfortable until late in the season. And in the case of Orlando Pace, you can't really compare the need for a rookie to get in and get acclimated with one of the best offensive linemen in the league who has been in the system for years and knows exactly what he's doing.
    Regarding Barron, he didn't struggle out of the gate at all. When he was called upon for the first time against Tennessee, he shut down the right side of the line, recovering a fumble as well, and won himself the starting job. IIRC, he struggled with penalties more as time went by.

That said, my point in citing them was to counter the claim that four days and six practices was "way too much" by showing that we've seen much longer in recent years, making a four day holdout relatively short by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    On a separate note, anybody know why ESPN is reporting it as a four year deal?
    Dunno, it's being reported as a five year deal by both the official website and local media.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

geordie joe is offline Registered User

hello bigredman thanks again for the welcom . i was just reading about tye hill and was wondering about signings and drafts for this season and what odds for the rams to make the playoffs joe
    hello there, my name is joe .i am 40 years old i live in north east england.i am a huge sports fan, i have followed the rams for quite a few years now , although i must admit my passion is soccer (Newcastle united ). i would be interested to talk to other couch potatoe sports fans :ramlogo:

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16
    Well how many days of practice do they have left?
    On the Rams Official Site, it says that there are 8 practice days left until the PrreSeason Game with the Colts.
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-31-2006 at 09:54 AM.

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

I heard it was a 4 year deal. I hope it's a 5 year deal because Hill will be one of the Rams' top CB for a long time.
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12