View Poll Results: Man, I'm glad the Rams passed on...

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Curry (2009)

7 9.59%
  • Michael Crabtree (2009)

8 10.96%
  • Rey Maualuga (2009)

10 13.70%
  • Glenn Dorsey (2008)

7 9.59%
  • Vernon Gholston (2008)

41 56.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: In hindsight, which "fan favorite" are you most glad the Rams DIDN'T draft?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: In hindsight, which "fan favorite" are you most glad the Rams DIDN'T draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Is Rey vs Lau even debatable at this point?
    I think in the context of this poll it is. Not drafting Maualuga is IMO one of the best moves the Rams ever made and I'm "most glad" (ecstatic actually) the team made it. James Laurinaitis is a Superhero.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

(Tucks tail between legs)

I probably should have voted for Curry, in retrospect my man crush on him was down right revolting.

However I was a firm believer that Gholston was the next chosen one, boy I think we all blew that one.

And I don't get a lot of things right, but I was clamoring for the Rams to draft J Lau in the first round the year before he came out... lucky for us he stayed in school and slipped to us in the second. At the time Rey Rey would have pleased me, but I favored Mr Laurinaitis.

(Of course I also wanted to us to draft Taylor Mays in the first round the year before he came out... ahem)

Here is to Chris Long, J Lau, and Billy Devaney, may you continue to bring success and respect to The Lou!
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -08-11-2011 at 01:31 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I voted Gholston. I too like many others was very high on him. He has been nothing but a situational player for the JETS. It will be interesting to see if Lovie Smith and the Bears can get anything out out of him.

Maualuga was a very close 2nd.

GO RAMS!!!!

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Gholston for sure haha. I remember advocating him so hard in some other rams forums back in those days. LOL. Hindsight is 20/20 though huh. By the way I realized LBs in the top first half first round is never worth it, it seems.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Have to say Suh.
    Ram Mar Ram likes this.
    Defence Wins Championships

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    Have to say Suh.
    The funny thing about this response is that it could be read as sarcastic, given that Suh was the NFL Rookie of the Year and made the Pro Bowl, or serious, given that the Rams instead selected a franchise QB.

Nice use of ambiguity!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Is there any other choice than he who shall be bowed down before, the almighty, the supreme being, lord of all combine activities, and all around godlike being, Vernon Gholston?

I had been pushing Chris Long since even before the 2007 season began and then was exstatic that as a consolation prize for having the 2nd pick, we'd be able to grab him in the draft, so long as Miami passed on him. Then along came Gholston, and everyone was drooling over him. I remember fondly being called a "lackey" for Hub as we defended Chris from the Golston Horde.

In the end, nothing's better than being both right, and right for the Rams!
    I believe!

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Gholston is without doubt the biggest bust of them all and I was supporting him before the draft but I was still very happy with picking Long. However, the only pick I questioned during a draft was when the Rams took Laurinaitis over Maualuga (I'd like to defend myself by saying I very quickly changed my stance when I read up on why Maualuga was falling in the draft and learnt more about Laurinaitis). I don't think I've really questioned a draft pick since.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

easy! glad we didnt draft Tye Hill! oh wait ......

honestly, Crabtree, hands down

FestusRam is offline Registered User

The complete most obvious answer to me has got to be Suh.

Even though he's an absolute beast if we took him we wouldn't of gotten Bradford.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Has to be Gholston. Many of the people in the Gholston camp were picking him because he had more potential to be fantastic while Long would only be solid.

Out of the two though, only one has been such a threat as a pass rusher that they have been triple teamed by blockers, and that's Chris Long

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Has to be Gholston. Many of the people in the Gholston camp were picking him because he had more potential to be fantastic while Long would only be solid.

Out of the two though, only one has been such a threat as a pass rusher that they have been triple teamed by blockers, and that's Chris Long
    That's because Chris gets the blocker who would be paying attention to Gholston... if he was on the field, that is!
    I believe!

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The funny thing about this response is that it could be read as sarcastic, given that Suh was the NFL Rookie of the Year and made the Pro Bowl, or serious, given that the Rams instead selected a franchise QB.

Nice use of ambiguity!
    I was dead serious, he's a fantastic player but what a decision to go the other way.
    Defence Wins Championships

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Gholston..........happy then, happy now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    Have to say Suh.
    Agreed, Although Suh is a beast, Watching bradford light it up somewhere else would be painful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast