FestusRam is offline Registered User

Hire Fisher, Resign Lloyd, Retain Mcdaniels, and Draft Justin Blackmon!

With the recent firings of DeSpags, theres some crucial decisions to be made in the next week as well as the rest of the offseason. Rams fans all over the world have been through many hirings and firings of key positions in the Rams front office. Lets hope this is these next moves stick and prove to be exactly what we we have been waiting for.

First off, it's pretty obvious that Fisher is the front runner for the vacant HC job. We need to give the man a contract. He's proven that he can get as much out of his teams talent as possible.

One thing everyone has noticed is that players arent developing as planned. We seem to draft alot of players who never exceed on Sundays. An often forgettable variable of these players turning into duds is coaching is. We've seen players such as Laurent Robinson shine on other teams. We also bring in highly touted free agents that aren't panning out(Bell, Brown). Are we cursed, or are we not coaching up our players well enough. Who knows, maby Fisher and his coaching staff could've done a better job developing players from our recent drafts. Hopefully, we will find out.

If the Rams can resign Lloyd for a reasonable price, they need to pull the trigger. He has proven to be a go to guy and him with Blackmon could be the duo we so deseperately need.

Retaining Mcdaniels will undoubtledy help Lloyd's decision to stick with the Rams. However, I'm in no way implying that we should retain an OC just for one player. With Bradford, Lloyd, Blackmon, and Jackson all being weapons for Mcdaniels, I'm sure he can get this offense rolling. Especially, with a full offseason for the whole offense to implement the scheme will be critical.

Mcdaniels has proven he can get offenses with some talent playing at their potential. Our untalented offense led Mcdaniels to make some head-scratching moves out of desperation. Yes, some of his decisions were questionable, and there isn't a great excuse. However, sometimes he was just trying to spark this inept offense and it never seemed to work. Bradford, who showed signs of regression because he hasnt perfected the offense yet, was a part of the problem as well. But, I guarantee a full off season and the addition of a weapon such as Blackmon will show otherwise. Ofcourse, this decision will be up to the HC as well.

Lastly, Blackmon needs to be drafted. When I think about it, I'd rather take Blackmon and pick up other lineman later in the draft or free agency rather than taking Kalil and looking for other receivers in the draft and free agency. Blackmons a beast and will prove to be that playmaker we've so desperately needed for the past few years.

Another reason Blackmon is the better choice is the respect he will demand. With him and Lloyd, the defense will have to account for them much more than our current receivers. Safeties wont be free to attack the run and blitzes will be used much less if we have multiple receivers who prove they can beat man and burn a defense. This in turn will relieve some of the stress on the o-line. IMO, the o-line with a few tweaks could be revived.

If im Kroenke, these are the moves I'm contemplating.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Hire Fisher, Resign Lloyd, Retain Mcdaniels, and Draft Justin Blackmon!

Id be stunned if we don't bring in Fisher; McD and Fisher clashed in the past as opponents; Lloyd i'd love to stay; Blackmon has gotta be the pick!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Yes, an offense with multiple weapons can suddenly make a bad line look markedly better.

I am certainly of the mind that drafting another OT in the first round, at the expense of a playmaker, would be a colossal mistake.

Weapons and schemes change the way defenses play you much quicker, and much more effeciently than another LT. Even one as good as Khalil.

I've got news for all of you preferring another LT over playmakers, our O-line wasn't that great during the GSOT years either. They were just good enough.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Yes, an offense with multiple weapons can suddenly make a bad line look markedly better.

I am certainly of the mind that drafting another OT in the first round, at the expense of a playmaker, would be a colossal mistake.

Weapons and schemes change the way defenses play you much quicker, and much more effeciently than another LT. Even one as good as Khalil.

I've got news for all of you preferring another LT over playmakers, our O-line wasn't that great during the GSOT years either. They were just good enough.
    The OL during the GSOT prime was stellar. Warner took a pounding because he held the ball as long as it took to make the plays; it wasn't due to poor blocking. Pace-Nutten-McCollum-Timmerman-Miller/Tucker was pretty damn good. If the Rams had 3rd/4th and 1, handing-off to Faulk to run right behind Pace/Nutten was automatic 1st down or TD. 2 PB's and Nutten should have been the 3rd.

Not saying u don't draft Blackmon, but Rams/Bradford obviously can't have years like this one where the QB gets sacked 55 times and pounded right after throwing all the time. McD going all gadget-play at the 1 yard line was part McD wackiness but I'm convinced he also was pretty sure the OL couldn't be relied on to get a yard either.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

It was obvious that McD was attempting to fool a defense in short yardage with a play action or trick play due to the fact that our offensive line got routinely man handled on short yardage plays all year long.

People complained when we didn't always use Jackson on short yardage plays but he almost always got stuffed on short yardage because of penetration by the opposing team's line.