Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The History of the ClanRam

The History of the ClanRam

By Rams Nation's Dez S Urban / ClanRam.com

I have added a link below to some stuff you all might find interesting

http://www.clanram.com/ClanRam_History/

I thought it would be time to let you, Rams Fan, know a bit about our site and what we stand for. I live in Scotland and have followed the Rams since 1979, so I guess you could call me one of the bandwaggoners, the year that Carrol Rosenbloom died and his widow, Georgia became the owner. It was also the year that the Rams went to the SuperBowl and lost to the Steelers.

I followed the Rams as best I could through the 80’s and finally got to see then in person when they arrived in London (1987) to play a pre season game against the Denver Broncos. They won the game 28 –27 on the back of Charles White.

In the UK, we had a succession of weekly NFL football papers, which allowed us to follow the NFL, but it always seamed to be bias to the then successful *****, Redskins and Cowboys. In a fit of rage, I sent them a letter explaining I was and always had been a loyal Rams fan and insisted that they be more favourable to my team. They, in their defence, printed the letter and a flood of people (OK, 26) replied to me asking me to start a fan club.

Rampage, the Fanzine was started in 1995.

After 2 years of running this UK and Europe based monthly Fanzine, it all got a bit much for me. I decided to move the fanzine onto the web and created ClanRam. Its hard to gauge correct numbers that belong to the ClanRam but it averages between 1 and 4 thousand.

So that’s how it all started. I could tell you more but I thought, short and sweet would be best.

At present, I fund the site through members sponsoring us. This allows members free passage through the entire ClanRam Network. I also run a ClanRam shop and sell t-shirts and stuff. All the profit from this goes right back into the site to help build it up. I am planning lots of competitions with prizes and stuff and this all takes money, which is how I pay for it.

We welcome input to the site and I always listen to new ideas. If you would like to help, please contact me here.

I am planning to get of the ground this coming post season a new venture for the ClanRam.

The Rams Nation Chapters.

More on this at a later date.

By RamDez
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The History of the ClanRam-fan.jpg  

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: The History of the ClanRam

I just want to say a huge thanks to you Dez for this site... Please keep up the great work... I'm proud to be a clanram member...

cheers steve :ramlogo:

rampower is offline Registered User

still have my rampager membership card dez, number 20.

long live the clan

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I for one thank you Dez for creating a home where all Ram fans can come together and discuss thier favorite team. Being a Ram fan for 30 years I always felt like the odd man out, even when the team was still in LA.
    You have more than a few cold ones coming your way during the bash.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

AlphaRam Guest

I stumbled across this little gem and decided it needed a bump.

blood85 Guest

DEZ, a sincere thank you for creating the clan....Long Live the Rams and ClanRam.
    your pal
    Blood85

maineram Guest

You've got one great site here Dez, happy to be a small part in it. Nice to hear the history of how this network of Rams started. Can't count all the friends I've made since logging on. Looking forward to many more.

GO CLANRAM

Maineram - :l

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Proud to be in the clan, thanks for every member and Dez particularly.

Go Rams Go ClanRam !
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

You the man Dez. thanks

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I also run a ClanRam shop and sell t-shirts and stuff.
    I am accused of being blind in one eye while not being able to see out of the other, but pray tell where is the ClanRam Shop?

Thank you very much for this, the BEST Rams site on the Internet! I am only sorry I did not find it sooner and that I never knew of the Fanzine.

May the wind blowing up your skirt, errr... kilt, always be warm and gentle!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I am especially thankful that the managers and members on this site are so mature. I have seen a few other sites that must be run by 13 year olds or those that are mentally stuck at that age. Anyway I find the discussions and stories great and it is nice to have a site for that.

Now for the record books I will note that in 1993 Al Gore and Dez invented the web and started with ClanRam!

Joe

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I used to post on the Ram's message board until it got a bit out of hand. The St. Louis Rams website no longer wanted to manage it because of having to moderate it, at least according to the way I understood it.

I was left empty with nowhere to go, being disappointed by message board after message board. Then one day while surfing through the net I was able to locate The Clan Ram website. Ever since then I recommend it to everyone who says they like the Rams.

This website has very considerate posters and some of the best moderating I've seen on a message board. The insight I get and the camaraderie is unmatched for true Ram fans.

I'm happy I was able to keep my same name as the Ram's message board, "LA Rammer."

Who was to know that back then, in 1979, the building blocks were being laid out in Scotland to what we enjoy daily as Clan Ram!

Thanks a lot and hopefully we can keep giving it support so that other Rammers can unite as one band under Clan Ram.

Go Rams 2007!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RealRam is offline Registered User

A heartfelt salute to ClanRam for what it represents: the best and biggest online portal of Rams fans, Rams news, and Rams spirit in the world.

:r Thank You Dez, Mods, & members. Good people.

GO RAMS!

Drew Guest

i supported the Rams for 20 years before i actually met a fellow Ram(I found this place about 2 years ago but had to use a different user ID when i got a new pc for some reason),all those moments i wanted to share my joy but mainly despair..but only had my bessie mate whose a whiner and well my despair was too often his joy...being here is like going to heaven without having to die first!

Hail Dez o` Mighty Clanram Warrior thank you for making my life that extra bit special!

GO RAMS!!!:l
    Last edited by Drew; -09-06-2007 at 01:16 PM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Let me be the first to say I would be proud to take the reigns of the San Diego Chapter of the ClanRam.

This has been the ultimate site for RAMS info. Keep up the great work Dez, and all the Mods.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast