Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: The History of the ClanRam

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    I just want to say a huge thanks to you Dez for this site... Please keep up the great work... I'm proud to be a clanram member...

cheers steve :ramlogo:
    I second that, I have a great time on this site and have no ideal how much work goes into it, I truly appreciate being allowed to be a part of this site,thanks Dez.

hey, who brought this post to the surface

I will update this with some links very soon

I have added a link below to some stuff you all might find interesting

http://www.clanram.com/ClanRam_History/

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Great link on the 1995 page regarding JS..

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I must confess to dredging up the past. The thread came up as a related topic to something I was posting (although there was no connection that I could see...lol). Anyway, I didn't know the history and I figured others would like to know.

Thanks for the forum that you provide, Dez!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Just to give all of you a "director's cut" of the ClanRam.

It was a cold and stormy Scottish winter. Nothing unusual, except that the night sky was unusually bright with a full moon. RamDez came home with his head pulled into his shoulders to protect his ears from the blustering wind inside the collar of his coat. The yellow light illuminating from the windows of his home filled him with a sense of comfort, until he reached the front step of his house.

Looking down, he sees the naked body of a red headed baby. Dez was taken aback at the manhood displayed by this little baby, but nonetheless, picked up the basket cradling the cute lad. Taking it inside, he scampered to the hearth of the fire made by his lovely and beautiful wife. Mrs. RamDez exclaimed "What a beautiful baby, where did you find him?" RamDez shook off the cold of the outside, muttering "I found the runt on the porch, but he'll be a big red man someday, that's for sure!"

The little fella grew up, becoming stronger and stronger. He left mom and pop Dez to find his way in America. He called home one day exclaiming "Pa, I've got a walk on to the Rams". RamDez questioned why his lad would become a sheppard, and the young one replied "But, it's American Football". RamDez watched and he was glad. He had waited all his life for something to fill the emptiness that he could not explain.

Being a brilliant and successful businessman, RamDez began the ClanRam website. Others migrated, drawn to it's unique style and brilliant moderators. The rest, well, is history as the saying goes.

The next time you have a brightly lit stormy night where you live, go outside and stand in your yard. Close your eyes and picture that magical night that born the single most comprehensive and authoritative website on the St. Louis Rams ever created. You will feel the power. You will feel the love. You will belong!
    Last edited by bigredman; -09-23-2007 at 08:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chiledog is offline Registered User

The site rocks, Dez. And so do you. You have done a truly incredible job of putting it together, keeping it up-to-date, and making it work. I often ask myself where you find the time, between your over-the-Atlantic travel to games and bashes, rides on your bike, your job, and your numerous other interests which we can occasionaly glean from your posts. You are greatly appreciated for giving us Ram fans a place to come together from all over the world.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Bump for General Ram
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wolf is offline Registered User

I'm very happy I stumbled across this site. being from Ohio...it's hard to root for my team with other people and have intelligent conversations with them when they're browns fans...haha. but i'm glad I found this site and glad to have met many other Rams fans. =]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Thanks AlphaRam. I never knew this thread existed.

reps to you.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I used to post on the Ram's message board until it got a bit out of hand. The St. Louis Rams website no longer wanted to manage it because of having to moderate it, at least according to the way I understood it.

I was left empty with nowhere to go, being disappointed by message board after message board. Then one day while surfing through the net I was able to locate The Clan Ram website. Ever since then I recommend it to everyone who says they like the Rams.

This website has very considerate posters and some of the best moderating I've seen on a message board. The insight I get and the camaraderie is unmatched for true Ram fans.

I'm happy I was able to keep my same name as the Ram's message board, "LA Rammer."

Who was to know that back then, in 1979, the building blocks were being laid out in Scotland to what we enjoy daily as Clan Ram!

Thanks a lot and hopefully we can keep giving it support so that other Rammers can unite as one band under Clan Ram.

Go Rams 2007!!!
    I TOO CAME FROM THE STL.LOUISRAMS.COM MESSAGE BOARDS AS WELL, I DO MISS THAT SITE BUT IT LET ME COME ACROSS A BETTER SITE ... THANK TO EVERYONE THAT PUTS IN WORK HERE AT CLANRAM

General Ram Guest

WOW... I never knew A messageBoard Could be so cool. Thanks RamDez For all of this. and Thank You AlphaRam, This has been Helpful and I appreciate it. This is cool I am Staying here for years to come.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I don't know how many of you are Premium Members but it is a modest fee and helps to perpetuate this site!

Thanks again, Dez!

That was quite a tale, BRM! Thanks for the chuckle it brought!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

MSRamman is offline Registered User

I actually was directed to this site by my good buddy Lou, who at the time was moderating the Rams AOL message board. It was very nice to be able to get Rams info WITHOUT all the freaks and flamers, and get the opinions and viewpoints of other fans minus the childish sniping. Cheers to ya Dez and mods, you do one heck of a job! Speaking of the premium membership, will I get an email reminder to renew?
    Again Dez, the site rocks... and BRM, you ought to find a publisher for children's stories!

Ramer is offline Registered User

Best Rams site/forum out there. Great job Dez!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast