Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    max
    max is offline Registered User

History is upon us...

If we lose to AZ on Sunday, a very possible outcome, we will be odds on to go 0-7 for the first time in Rams history.

The worst ever starts were in 2002 and 1963, when we went 0-5.

So we are looking at the worst start in Rams history straight in the face.

That's 68 years and never has any Rams team been that bad.

The more I think about it, if 0-7 does happen I don't see how Linehan will survive.

He will certainly lose the players, the fans will stop buying tickets, the media will pummel him unmercifully, and then what recourse will Shaw have?

Many of us don't want to start all over again with a new system next year. But the worst start in Rams history would indicate it may be the only logical thing to do.

PossumBoy9 Guest

Re: History is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    the media will pummel him unmercifully
    We can only hope. The St. Louis media will undoubtably have an apologist element, like Balzer.

Many of us don't want to start all over again with a new system next year.
    I'd hope most wouldn't want to waste a season next year, just to "give Linehan a third year."

AOE/S.L.O.P.

Keenum is offline Registered User

We arguably may have the most pure and raw talent in our history, but we may turn out to be the worst TEAM in our history.
    Just goes to show you, it's not all about how good your individual players are, it's about how well you play TOGETHER AS A TEAM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    We arguably may have the most pure and raw talent in our history, but we may turn out to be the worst TEAM in our history.
    Just goes to show you, it's not all about how good your individual players are, it's about how well you play TOGETHER AS A TEAM.
    Talent is effectively neutralized by a gurney.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

that's the worse part about this season other teams would kill to have our offenseive talent yet we have the talent but don't know howe to use it just makes me sick
    Torry Holt Dont play that

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    that's the worse part about this season other teams would kill to have our offenseive talent yet we have the talent but don't know howe to use it just makes me sick
    I agree we have the talent but most of it is injured!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

the fans will stop buying tickets, the media will pummel him unmercifully, and then what recourse will Shaw have?

Last I heard there were 4,000 tickets unsold for this Sundays game.:x

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Oky, I'll beat this dead horse one more time.

No team in the NFL could survive and win with the amount of injuries we have encountered in just 4 games. We have not once finished a game with the same OL that we started with. We've seen 5 OL's go down, a star running back, a QB, a LB, 2 CB's, and NONE of our 3 Wr's are 100%.

What???? This team is in NO way the most talented in our history. Raw or otherwise. Our receiving corp is old, banged up and slow, our OL (even when they were healthy) was average at best, and our RB had one great year. Our defense is.....well, bad. Most knowlegable fans believed this team (before the onslaught of injuries) was a 9-7 or 10-6 team. So how can you even argue that the 2007 Rams are the most talented team in our history. Add 10-12 injuries and suspensions in just four games, and we have what we have. A struggling team. :x

It blows me away when I read opinions on this team and how some downplay, or completely ignore the injuries. We have lost nearly 1/2 of our starting team in the first four games of the season. It is a big deal, a real big deal, and the biggest reason we're 0-4, with the possibility of going 0-7.

But I will say this, if some of our overpaid superstars (Bulger, Jackson, Holt and Hall) hang onto the damn football, it's quite possible that we'd be 2-2 right now, and everyone would be saying how incredible it is that we've overcome so many injuries and still managed to win two games. But they didn't, so we're not.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

max

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    It blows me away when I read opinions on this team and how some downplay, or completely ignore the injuries. We have lost nearly 1/2 of our starting team in the first four games of the season. It is a big deal, a real big deal, and the biggest reason we're 0-4, with the possibility of going 0-7.

But I will say this, if some of our overpaid superstars (Bulger, Jackson, Holt and Hall) hang onto the damn football, it's quite possible that we'd be 2-2 right now, and everyone would be saying how incredible it is that we've overcome so many injuries and still managed to win two games. But they didn't, so we're not.
    Injuries, sloppy play by superstars, poor drafting (2006 produced one good player in the top 5 picks in the first 3 rounds), poor coaching decisions (playing an injured Bulger was just plain idiotic). All this adds up to 0-4.

The question is how much of all this do you hang on Linehan? My opinion is you hang enough on him to determine that he is not a top HC.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I agree, not sure how anyone can tell how good or Bad Linehan is as a head coach with the lack of starters.

The Rams have so much talent, lets not forget who put this roster together in two years

Injuries, sloppy play by superstars, poor drafting (2006 produced one good player in the top 5 picks in the first 3 rounds), poor coaching decisions (playing an injured Bulger was just plain idiotic). All this adds up to 0-4.

The question is how much of all this do you hang on Linehan? My opinion is you hang enough on him to determine that he is not a top HC.
    How can you judge how good the 2006 draft was after one season, in which the draft picks are rookies and see limited playing time, and then a dismal 2007 which is riddled with injuries?

Injuries? How do you hold Linehan responsible for any of these?

Playing Bulger while injured. Okay, I may give you this one, but since you nor I are at practice, or on the sideline listening to what Bulger has to say, I blame Bulger for this as much as Linehan. If you're hurt, you have to have the smarts, and set aside the ego for the better of the team.

So, how can you say at this point in time, with all the injuries, that Linehan is not a top HC? Now I'm not saying he is, or he isn't. But I think it's a little premature to make an intelligent decision on it. Personally, if the guy wins 4 games this year, with this team and all the injuries, I would have to say he did a brilliant job as HC.

In all honesty, how many "top-notch" HC's do you think would look to work for the Rams? I doubt many, if any. The Rams organization is not known for hiring the best, but the cheapest. They're owned by an ex-dancer, and have never been seriously considered a "top-notch" organization since her arrival on the scene. If you want to lay any blame on the state of the Ram Nation, blame madamn Ram.

blood85 Guest

We are already ranked #32 as the worst team in football on a recent NFL poll.

max

How can you judge how good the 2006 draft was after one season, in which the draft picks are rookies and see limited playing time, and then a dismal 2007 which is riddled with injuries?
    This is not hard. Klopfenstein is mediocre at best. He was starting last year, and showed little. This year he looks worse. He was not a good 2nd round pick. Then we had 3 third rounders, Wroten, Alston, and Byrd. Wroten has shown little and it's very questionable that he can ever stay out of trouble. Alston is gone. And Bryd is hanging by a thread, in Linehan's own words. Bryd goes to court on Oct 16th. Hopefully he doesn't go to jail. But that won't help him keep from falling asleep at team meetings. So how do you judge this first day group?

Injuries? How do you hold Linehan responsible for any of these?
    Nah, let's give Linehan a pass on the injuries, just unlucky. But Linehan has done enough other things wrong, plus he is bad luck. A bad combination.

Playing Bulger while injured. Okay, I may give you this one, but since you nor I are at practice, or on the sideline listening to what Bulger has to say, I blame Bulger for this as much as Linehan. If you're hurt, you have to have the smarts, and set aside the ego for the better of the team.
    No player worth his salt will tell his HC that he can't play. A top HC knows when to sit his players, he doesn't need the player to tell him.

So, how can you say at this point in time, with all the injuries, that Linehan is not a top HC? Now I'm not saying he is, or he isn't. But I think it's a little premature to make an intelligent decision on it. Personally, if the guy wins 4 games this year, with this team and all the injuries, I would have to say he did a brilliant job as HC.
    It may be premature for you. Not me. I see it clearly. Sorry you don't.

In all honesty, how many "top-notch" HC's do you think would look to work for the Rams? I doubt many, if any. The Rams organization is not known for hiring the best, but the cheapest. They're owned by an ex-dancer, and have never been seriously considered a "top-notch" organization since her arrival on the scene. If you want to lay any blame on the state of the Ram Nation, blame madamn Ram.
    Your statement here makes no sense. So are you saying the Rams don't hire top-notch coaches but Linehan may be one? I can't unravel your logic here. Sounds like you are so frustrated with the state of this team you don't know which way is up. Calm down, listen to me, and I'll show you the way. First, we fire Linehan. Then we hire a proven top-notch HC next year.

This is not hard. Klopfenstein is mediocre at best. He was starting last year, and showed little. This year he looks worse. He was not a good 2nd round pick. Then we had 3 third rounders, Wroten, Alston, and Byrd. Wroten has shown little and it's very questionable that he can ever stay out of trouble. Alston is gone. And Bryd is hanging by a thread, in Linehan's own words. Bryd goes to court on Oct 16th. Hopefully he doesn't go to jail. But that won't help him keep from falling asleep at team meetings. So how do you judge this first day group?
    Well, I think Victor Adeyanju, Adam Carriker, Tye Hill, Brian Leonard and Clifton Ryan look pretty good.

Nah, let's give Linehan a pass on the injuries, just unlucky. But Linehan has done enough other things wrong, plus he is bad luck. A bad combination.
    "He is Bad luck"? Where did you pull that one from?

No player worth his salt will tell his HC that he can't play. A top HC knows when to sit his players, he doesn't need the player to tell him.
    Totally disagree with you on this one. ANY player worth his salt would put the good of the team over his 65 million dollar ego.

It may be premature for you. Not me. I see it clearly. Sorry you don't.
    Yeah, it's easy to call out a head coach from your couch.

Your statement here makes no sense. So are you saying the Rams don't hire top-notch coaches but Linehan may be one? I can't unravel your logic here. Sounds like you are so frustrated with the state of this team you don't know which way is up. Calm down, listen to me, and I'll show you the way. First, we fire Linehan. Then we hire a proven top-notch HC next year.
    Sorry you're having difficulty with this. But let me try to make it more clear. I made no statement saying Linehan was a top-notch head coach, but that it was too early to declare him incompetent as you seem to be doing. It does not mean he cannot become one. Bill Belichick is considered a top-notch head coach, but after the first 1-1/4 seasons, there were fans like you that had already declared him a bust. But I think it turned out alright for them. All I'm saying is you gotta give the guy more than 20 games. ...and if they do fire Linehan, don't expect the Rams to hire an already established top-notch coach. They have a history of being cheap, and making bad football decisions.

Oh, and yes, I AM a frustrated Ram fan, and it grows worse when I read the knee-jerk reaction from fellow Ram fans that fail to see the magnitude of the impact that all the injuries have had.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Oky, I'll beat this dead horse one more time.

No team in the NFL could survive and win with the amount of injuries we have encountered in just 4 games. We have not once finished a game with the same OL that we started with. We've seen 5 OL's go down, a star running back, a QB, a LB, 2 CB's, and NONE of our 3 Wr's are 100%.

What???? This team is in NO way the most talented in our history. Raw or otherwise. Our receiving corp is old, banged up and slow, our OL (even when they were healthy) was average at best, and our RB had one great year. Our defense is.....well, bad. Most knowlegable fans believed this team (before the onslaught of injuries) was a 9-7 or 10-6 team. So how can you even argue that the 2007 Rams are the most talented team in our history. Add 10-12 injuries and suspensions in just four games, and we have what we have. A struggling team. :x

I meant without the injuries and stuff we have one of our most talented teams. I shoulda worded that better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast