Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hit the road ______, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more!

Which players would you like to ensure never play in a Ram uniform after this season?

Here's my top 10:

1. Chris Chandlerception - Totally worthless.
    2. Grant Williams - No upside as a backup, no business being a starter.
    3. Rich Coady - Worst cover jobs since William Shatner sang "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."
    4. Arlen Harris - His kick returning skills simply do not justify his roster spot.
    5. Chris Dishman - Hate to kick a guy when he's down, but... come on!
    6. Mike Furrey - What exactly does he do on this team at this point?
    7. Dane Looker - Given his dropsies/fumbleitis this year, I don't think his kick holding skills warrant his return.
    8. Tommy Polley - Despite his uneven play, he'll probably get a big FA offer from someone. Let them have him.
    9. Damione Lewis - Hate to give up on him (particularly given his U of M lineage), but now's the time to try to trade him and get some value before he becomes worthless.
    10. Jaime Martin - When Martz suggests he'll be the #2 next year, I just cringe.

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Hit the road ______, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more!

Chandler......hands down, he lost that game against the Panthers for us, and I don't even want to talk about the Cards game... How the hell do you suddenly loss it after 17 seasons of experience??? and why is he still on the rams roster???? WHY WHY WHY?????

Also Coady has a case!!!hhhmmmmm

steve :ramlogo:

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Re: Hit the road ______, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more!

I agree for the most part...I'd keep Harris and Looker...
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Which players would you like to ensure never play in a Ram uniform after this season?

Here's my top 10:

1. Chris Chandlerception - Totally worthless.
    2. Grant Williams - No upside as a backup, no business being a starter.
    3. Rich Coady - Worst cover jobs since William Shatner sang "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."
    4. Arlen Harris - His kick returning skills simply do not justify his roster spot.
    5. Chris Dishman - Hate to kick a guy when he's down, but... come on!
    6. Mike Furrey - What exactly does he do on this team at this point?
    7. Dane Looker - Given his dropsies/fumbleitis this year, I don't think his kick holding skills warrant his return.
    8. Tommy Polley - Despite his uneven play, he'll probably get a big FA offer from someone. Let them have him.
    9. Damione Lewis - Hate to give up on him (particularly given his U of M lineage), but now's the time to try to trade him and get some value before he becomes worthless.
    10. Jaime Martin - When Martz suggests he'll be the #2 next year, I just cringe.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree with all except...
    I just can't pull the trigger on him yet. The more I watch him, the more I think he's a big bull-rush DE, not a DT. Why are we using him there? Maybe I'm wrong, and probably am, but I still think he can be a contributor on this defense. I could be fooling myself (everyone is free to tell me so, if deemed needed), but I'd like to see him moved to DE for next year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sbramfan is offline Registered User

yeah, agree with just about everyone.

Are you picturing Robert Thomas as a backup?

Otherwise, include him too.

Skynyrd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I agree with all except... I just can't pull the trigger on him yet. The more I watch him, the more I think he's a big bull-rush DE, not a DT. Why are we using him there? Maybe I'm wrong, and probably am, but I still think he can be a contributor on this defense. I could be fooling myself (everyone is free to tell me so, if deemed needed), but I'd like to see him moved to DE for next year.
    There's a good chance you'll get your wish HUbison. I don't think Leonard Little's going to be around next year so there will be most likely an opening at DE. Seems to me though that they've already tried out Lewis at DE and he obviously didn't impress anybody or else he'd still be there. Peace

Robert Thomas presents a dilemma. I think the Rams need a big upgrade at MLB, and I don't see him playing OLB. So, do you put a former first round pick on the bench as a situational player/backup, or do you try to trade him? If the Rams sign a starting MLB in free agency and could get a third round pick for Thomas, I'd probably do it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd
    There's a good chance you'll get your wish HUbison. I don't think Leonard Little's going to be around next year so there will be most likely an opening at DE. Seems to me though that they've already tried out Lewis at DE and he obviously didn't impress anybody or else he'd still be there. Peace
    When was this, I guess I missed it. I don't remember D-Lew being moved over, especially with the injury to Kennedy. But hey, maybe they've already given him a look. If so, then chain him to a tread-mill for a month and make him a LB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Am I the only one who found it funny that Av didn't make a poll out of this topic? You're slippin, Av...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

"My name is AvengerRam... and I'm... I'm a pollaholic."

"Hi AvengerRam!!!"

"Its been 23 1/2 hours since my last poll...."

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Pretty good list and hopefully it will be pretty accurate. However, I think I would keep Looker at least through camp to see if he can turn it back around and be a useful 5th receiver.
    Sprtsmac :football:

elAcky Guest

Generally i agree but as stated.. i wouldn;t mind seeing Lewis at DE for a season...

Personally i'd add Turley and Cleeland to that list.

I think that restructuring things we may have a chance at Walter Jones this offseason. That would hugely improve our line and allow Sapaia/Tercero etc to develop. We can then concentrate the draft on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by elAcky
    I think that restructuring things we may have a chance at Walter Jones this offseason.
    I definitely disagree. We should concentrate on signing Pace before we start talking about signing another elite tackle.

elAcky Guest

My assumption was that Pace would be signed early in the offseason

And we'd still have enough room to sign Jones? I'm not seeing it. I'd like to see it, but I'm not seeing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast