throwback week

Thread: Hmm, what if?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Hmm, what if?

Just wondering what you guys think...What do you guys think if we didn't get Linehan? And instead got Ron Rivera as head coach? Or even someone else!? Where do you guys think we'd be right now? I mean honestly, I think we had an amazing draft, and I don't know how others could really top it, and also the FA signings, but hey, for a fun thread, why not think about it, what do you guys think we'd be doing right now, and who do you think we would've signed with Ron Rivera or someone else??

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Hmm, what if?

if rivera was with us....... i dont think chavous, brown, or glover would be with us cuz all of them were coached by linehan, and i dont think rivera had any connections with them

RamsFan16 Guest

Not even going to try to imagine. I'm perfecty content with what we have right now!

CanadianRam! Guest

depends on who he signed as DC and OC
    a lot of our FAs had connections with Haslett
    mayb we would have a better chance at Hillenmayer (sp) if we had Rivera.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Not even going to try to imagine. I'm perfecty content with what we have right now!
    no no no, me too! I'm REALLY happy with everything thats happened so far, its just I was wondering what you guys thought about Rivera, and who you think we would've wound up with...not saying I'd want him over Linehan, because I really don't I'm SO happy with everything so far

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    if rivera was with us....... i dont think chavous, brown, or glover would be with us cuz all of them were coached by linehan, and i dont think rivera had any connections with them
    The only one of those players who played on a team Linehan coached was Chavous. Brown and Glover played under Haslett.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If we had someone else, i dont think we would have ended up with Glover, Brown or Chavous.

I also dont think we would have had such a good draft. We would have drafted defense a lot more, but we wouldnt have revamped the TE position like we did with Linehan

Drew4EverRams Guest

If we had Rivera id like to know who would have been our OC he would have possibly gone with a young coach with no play calling duties on D and called the calls himself,much like Linehan is doing with Olsen!

I also think our FA and Draft pickups would have been a lot different,he may not even have goon for the Spoon,but more likely to have picked a SLB with our 1st round pick IMHO!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would have rather had Rivera. I'm not sold yet on Linehan. The only move I really liked in FA was Witherspoon and the addition by subtraction with letting Arch and DLew go. However, the draft still makes me scratch my head and say "what the hey are we doing"?

Rambos is offline Registered User

the draft still makes me scratch my head and say "what the hey are we doing"?
    I know this is off topic but TX, I would like to hear what your thoughts on the draft. Where did we go wrong?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, my criticism of the draft is not a reflection on Hill, he is a solid prospect that should be good for the Rams in the long run. However, some of the members here convinced me that drafting for the future may not be a good thing and we should go for the best for the Rams now and to me, the Rams really needed another pass rushing DE. I'm not sold on Hargrove. He really hasn't shown me much. I would have taken one of the DE's that were available at that time instead of Hill and went into this campaign hoping Fisher and Butler were finally healthy. Our secondary needs a strong pass rush to be effective and right now our pass rush is non-existent outside of Little.

Then, the depth of the O line is a huge concern and we drafted a TE in the 4th round when we probably could have waited until the 7th. Jonathan Scott I believe was available and we took another TE. That made no sense to me whatsoever.

Rambos is offline Registered User

By taking a guy like Hill who can cover we can take more chances and send more guys. Fisher did not give us that; he just could not cover one on one. I agree a lesser CB can make plays if the QB is forcing passes due to pressure. The addition of Glover and Wroten should provide a good push up the middle something we have not seen in sometime. With Glover, Little will be able to move around and will not be the only established pass rusher on the field.

Also scheme will play a big factor here, I don’t see us letting teams pick up a 3rd and 13, while we sit back in a cover two or quads. We will be in a 3-4 sending guys like Tino, Jon Alston, Oshiomogho Atogwe. I think we will be a very fast and aggressive defensive, I’m not so sure we will be able to stop the run at this point but pass rush, we will bring it.

The two TE, not that bad of an idea, we need some real help in the red zone.

O-line I agree, they must like what they have seen from Incognito in mini camp, which can’t be that much. I have read two different things about Terrell, he fat and out of shape and he looks good not sure what is true. I agree the O-line is still very thin at this point.