bruce4life is offline Registered User

hmmmm... pace doubtful..

dont look like pace will be playing this weekend against the lions... thats going to hurt us but i believe adam goldberg can get it done

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: hmmmm... pace doubtful..

I believe Goldberg will be playing guard. Steussie is the one who will be getting it done in place of Orlando. Hopefully we have some ways of minimizing how much that left side is exposed, though, because that Detroit defensive line isn't swiss cheese.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I believe Goldberg will be playing guard. Steussie is the one who will be getting it done in place of Orlando. Hopefully we have some ways of minimizing how much that left side is exposed, though, because that Detroit defensive line isn't swiss cheese.
    Hmm, I was quite sure Pace would play. All I'm basing that on though, is the fact that he played last week and I haven't heard anything about him aggravating his injury? But now that you're talking like he isn't playing I get worried. Nick, you're usually on top of things, do you think Pace will play? I have a bad feeling whether he plays or not will decide the outcome of this game. Pace has to play, I hope he'll ignore the pain and play, maybe Pisa has some advice on how to do that for him!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Where are you hearing that he will be doubtful??? Are you assuming or did you hear something? I do not see anything new on his status any where. I still see him listed as questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    dont look like pace will be playing this weekend against the lions... thats going to hurt us but i believe adam goldberg can get it done
    Last edited by RamWraith; -09-29-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Hmm, I was quite sure Pace would play. All I'm basing that on though, is the fact that he played last week and I haven't heard anything about him aggravating his injury? But now that you're talking like he isn't playing I get worried. Nick, you're usually on top of things, do you think Pace will play? I have a bad feeling whether he plays or not will decide the outcome of this game. Pace has to play, I hope he'll ignore the pain and play, maybe Pisa has some advice on how to do that for him!
    It's been reported the last couple of days that he hasn't been practicing, so that's not a good sign. I would be surprised if he didn't play. In fact, I think saying he should ignore the pain and play is pretty bad advice when you're dealing with a concussion. You don't mess with those things.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Where are you hearing that he will be doubtful??? Are you assuming or did you hear something? I do not see anything new on his status any where. I still see him listed as questionable.
    From KFFL.com...

Rams | Pace unlikely to play this week
    Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:10:49 -0700

St. Louis Rams OT Orlando Pace (concussion) did not practice Friday, Sept. 29. Pace is expected to be downgraded to doubtful on the team's injury report, and it does not appear likely he will play this week.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Not good news.

I'll have to take back what I said about the TE's being more involved this weekend. That's not going to happen with Pace out. They'll need to keep the TE in to help protect Bulger. Steussie will do OK, but he's not the big O.

Let's just be thankful that it's the Lions this week, and not the Hawks. We need Pace to get back to health, and if it means sitting him now and next week, couldn't have happened at a better time. You do not want to mess with a severe concussion. Let the man rest and get better.

So, we win by 10 instead of 14.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Alec22 is offline Registered User

It was also all over the ESPN bottom Line that he was now doubtful.