• 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 2 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 1 Post By ljcrayton
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By Rambos

Thread: Hmmmmm, that felt different ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Hmmmmm, that felt different ...

So, I don't care about the score. Well, I do, I wish we would have won, but everything about that felt different ...

It sure is nice having a coaching staff that schemes for the opponent. Spags that his general scheme would work against anyone. That is not the case in the modern NFL. Fisher has Stafford's number alot of the time today. And we didn't fold after the 1st half!

Sam Bradford - I have a love and hate relationship. Does Sam have all the physical tools? Sure. Is he tough as hell? Sure. His problems are mental. Sam started off well, then got beat up a little, and I instantly thought, oh no, here we go again. But he pushed through, and actually kept us in the game in the 4th. Maybe this is the start of his mental growth. If you look at his completion today, many were 10 yards and deeper. He needs to take more risks to help this growth.

Did anybody see Fisher jumping up and down on the sideline after Finnegan's pick six? Awesome!

Brandon Gibson became a leader today. Why you say? That boneheaded 15 yard penalty early on? Maybe not so boneheaded. Looked a message that HE and the RAMS were not going to be pushed around.
    He backed it up with some big time catches later.

A couple of major O-line injuries - but Hunter, Turner, and Richardson played solid football.

Anybody love how the rookie kicker just kicks the ball and walks away like he's made those kicks a hundred times before?

Anybody love the wood that Dunbar lays on everybody he hits?

How bout Janoris Jenkins, amazing football IQ for somebody supposedly so "dumb.

This team has some swagger, some toughness, something we haven't seen in a long time. It's going to come together, just wait.

Can't wait to be in St. Louis next week.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Hmmmmm, that felt different ...

Did you see Bradford yelling at his receivers in frustration, and pumping his fist in excitement with a big "yeah" after the touchdown? That was something I haven't seen.
    rammiser likes this.

Yes, I did! He needs to continue to build on this. He needs to be willing to risk everything for this team. If he does that, the players that are only average, will become above average. Those above average, will become good. And on and on, that is how QB's make players better. They will sense when he is scared. They will sense when he believes and buys into it all.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Bradford's animated show of emotion during the game brought a smile to my face.
    TekeRam and lostsoul like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I will say this, in the 4th quarter Bradford drove us to a go ahead TD... The D fades and give up a matching TD drive five plays I think. Bradford drive us to a go ahead FG on the road mind you... then the defense gives up a losing TD drive. To me he did more then enough to pull out a win on the road IMO.
    They will sense when he is scared.
    No comment

TekeRam is offline Registered User

That is great to hear about Bradford not only celebrating when he throws a TD(which the lack of them has been my knock on him so far), but also getting into the faces of his receivers. As much as I hate him, that is what Brady does. He demands perfection from himself and from his teammates. Peyton does the same thing, but I think that he lays into them at practice to the point that they are prepped in the game.

I want to see fire coming from Sam's eyes. I want him to play angry, like the world is against him. I want him to feel like he has to prove that he can make his receivers into all-pros, because, frankly, he does. This was great news to hear!
    I believe!

lostsoul is offline Registered User

From what i've seen today we have a few REALLY good special teams players in Daniels, Mcleod, and Pointer.

What happened on the penalty with Gibson? i missed a few minutes cooking some food.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    What happened on the penalty with Gibson? i missed a few minutes cooking some food.

Basically after the play he just outright shoved the cornerback in the chest when the corner wasn't looking, sending him to the floor. Just a completely pointless, boneheaded play.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Ladies and gentlemen, this is something I haven't haven't felt in a very long time...atleast 5 or 6 seasons but....

We have ourselves a football team boys and girls
    md8 likes this.

Gibson got RAPED on that play ....It had a point

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I will say this, in the 4th quarter Bradford drove us to a go ahead TD... The D fades and give up a matching TD drive five plays I think. Bradford drive us to a go ahead FG on the road mind you... then the defense gives up a losing TD drive. To me he did more then enough to pull out a win on the road IMO.
    And what about in the three quarters prior to that, when the Rams' offense only put six points on the board despite the defense helping them out with turnovers?

Look, I agree with part of what you said. In the fourth quarter, in do or die time, Bradford manned up and essentially did what he had to do to put this team in a position to win the game. That's absolutely huge. It would have been easy for Bradford, after the Corey Williams blindside sack that resulted in a fumble, to be conservative or hesitant in the pocket. But he kept his eyes down field, found receivers, and led the Rams to two scoring drives to end their day. In fact, even though the touchdown pass was probably Sam's best throw of the day, I think the final Rams drive was the more impressive one given the circumstances, starting field position, and what was involved in moving down the field.

Having said that, the defense could make the same argument you made in reverse about the beginning of the game. Defense steps up and gets a pick to keep the Lions from scoring, offense sputters and settles for three points... on the third drive, defense gets another pick and returns it to Detroit territory, offense sputters and settles for three. Additionally, I think you could also make a case that the first two drives of the scoreless third quarter for the Rams were ended due to Bradford mistakes - the strange sack by Suh and missing Amendola deep.

So yes, while Sam stepped up and got things done in the fourth quarter when this team needed him the most, I think he and the offense share some of the responsibility for the outcome. It's easy to pin this one on the defense for collapsing in the final two drives and allowing the game winning touchdown, but there were missed opportunities offensively that, had they been converted, may have eliminated the possibility of a last-second score by Detroit for the win. Long story short, and without wanting to put words in your mouth, I think there's plenty of more nuance than essentially saying, "Well Sam did his job, but the defense didn't."
    sosa39rams likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And what about in the three quarters prior to that, when the Rams' offense only put six points on the board despite the defense helping them out with turnovers?

Look, I agree with part of what you said. In the fourth quarter, in do or die time, Bradford manned up and essentially did what he had to do to put this team in a position to win the game. That's absolutely huge. It would have been easy for Bradford, after the Corey Williams blindside sack that resulted in a fumble, to be conservative or hesitant in the pocket. But he kept his eyes down field, found receivers, and led the Rams to two scoring drives to end their day. In fact, even though the touchdown pass was probably Sam's best throw of the day, I think the final Rams drive was the more impressive one given the circumstances, starting field position, and what was involved in moving down the field.

Having said that, the defense could make the same argument you made in reverse about the beginning of the game. Defense steps up and gets a pick to keep the Lions from scoring, offense sputters and settles for three points... on the third drive, defense gets another pick and returns it to Detroit territory, offense sputters and settles for three. Additionally, I think you could also make a case that the first two drives of the scoreless third quarter for the Rams were ended due to Bradford mistakes - the strange sack by Suh and missing Amendola deep.

So yes, while Sam stepped up and got things done in the fourth quarter when this team needed him the most, I think he and the offense share some of the responsibility for the outcome. It's easy to pin this one on the defense for collapsing in the final two drives and allowing the game winning touchdown, but there were missed opportunities offensively that, had they been converted, may have eliminated the possibility of a last-second score by Detroit for the win. Long story short, and without wanting to put words in your mouth, I think there's plenty of more nuance than essentially saying, "Well Sam did his job, but the defense didn't."
    Did not mean to take anything away from the defense they played great until the end.

My point is Bradford takes heat sometimes not looking like he has the firer or is competitive. In this game when it was on the line and we had a chance to win a big game he came through IMO. Did not mean to take anything away from the D's effort.

In the forth quarter when the score was 13 -13 he did just what many have been asking for. He played lights out had a 147 rating in the 4th QTR. lead two scoring drives to take the lead.

As far as the first three quarters you watched the game, you have a good idea what happened.
    Nick likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Did not mean to take anything away from the defense they played great until the end.

My point is Bradford takes heat sometimes not looking like he has the firer or is competitive. In this game when it was on the line and we had a chance to win a big game he came through IMO. Did not mean to take anything away from the D's effort.

In the forth quarter when the score was 13 -13 he did just what many have been asking for. He played lights out had a 147 rating in the 4th QTR. lead two scoring drives to take the lead.

As far as the first three quarters you watched the game, you have a good idea what happened.
    Gotcha, in that respect I agree completely. Bradford came up big in the fourth quarter when his team needed him the most, which is huge and a great sign for him as a growing professional.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!