VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Hodges and Ridgeway sign 3 year contracts.

Details to follow.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Hodges and Ridgeway sign 3 year contracts.

By Nick Wagoner
    Senior Writer

A pair of Ball State Cardinals officially became St. Louis Rams on Wednesday when punter Reggie Hodges and receiver Dante Ridgeway signed three-year contracts.

The signing of the sixth round choices comes on the heels of the signing of safety Oshiomogho Atogwe. Though offensive lineman Richie Incognito appears close to a deal, it has not yet been agreed to. That leaves just Incognito, Ronald Bartell and Alex Barron unsigned in the Rams’ 11-player class.

Ridgeway enters training camp for what should be a heated competition for the sixth or possibly fifth receiver spot. With Shaun McDonald, Kevin Curtis, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce firm in their spots and Dane Looker seemingly on solid ground, Ridgeway will battle Michael Coleman, Jeremy Carter, Brandon Middleton, Dominic Robinson and Dominique Thompson for the final receiver spot.

Ridgeway had 3,030 receiving yards, 238 catches and 22 touchdowns in his time with the Cardinals.
    “I’m looking forward to getting out there and competing, running routes and doing special teams” Ridgeway said. “I’m just trying to take advantage of this opportunity that I’ve got.”

Hodges comes to camp as the only punter on the roster, giving him every opportunity to be the team’s opening day starter at said position. Hodges had his best year in 2004, leading the MAC in punting average at 42.6 yards per punt. That performance earned him All-MAC Conference honors.
    Hodges said he will do whatever is necessary to land the vacant punting job.

“I am going to put in the work for sure and then we will see how it shakes out,” Hodges said.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Re: Hodges and Ridgeway sign 3 year contracts.

nice, and fast update