Thread: Holt!!

majorram is offline Registered User

Holt!!

Wow what a catch made from Holt just..... amazing!!! this guy is a superstar....game on the line..... hats of to Bulger TOO

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Holt!!

He's the best in the game right now. I don't know why he doesn't get the recognition.

4EVERRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Awesome!!! Awesome!!! Awesome!!! That's all I have to say. He IS the best!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

That catch has got to go down as one of the best ever. Double covered, juggling the ball, keeping forward momentum, stepping around the defender on the ground, then running it into the endzone. A catch for the ages. Simply amazing. I think a poster on the Seahawks board called him a Jedi.

Endzorn is offline Registered User

Every time Seattle plays you guys he burns us. I just moved out to the Seattle area so I watched my first game at a bar full of Hawk fans, and it was nothing but props to Holt from all the guys I watched the game with.

He's a helluva receiver.

viper is offline Registered User

It was an amazing catch! I agree r8rh8rmike, keeping his forward momentum while getting control of the ball allowed him to out run Tatupu to the endzone. Otherwise, he would have possibly been tackled short of the endzone. What great hands and coordination.

Torry had an excellent game. A "Big Game" so to speak. Not to mention, that 67 yard reception was the play that made him the fastest receiver to reach the 10,000 yard mark in the history of the NFL. Looks like the Hall of Fame is a lock for Mr. Torry.

Throw in his first 3 touchdown game and all in all, a pretty good day's work!

I'm sure glad we drafted him. I was excited then and he has never disappointed!

Here's to Torry "Big Game" Holt! :r

Go Rams!!!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

ya but if tatupu would of tackled him we could of taken some clock off and not given the seahawks a chance to score... lol....

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Speaking of drafting him Viper. DO you remember the arguments among Ram fans about taking him?? People were appalled that we passed on Bailey with that pick and took Holt over Boston.

Oh, the good ol' days when the draft actually meant we were getting quality players out of front office :\ :\

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post

I'm sure glad we drafted him. I was excited then and he has never disappointed!

Here's to Torry "Big Game" Holt! :r

Go Rams!!!

RW, at that time I had not found my way to any of the boards. But, as I watched that draft I recall the tough decision that had to be made by the front office. There always seems to be so many needs to fill. For me it was difficult to pass on Bailey. I just felt at the time that Holt was the choice that gave us the best chance to make a difference then. That the Bruce/Holt tandem would give opposing defenses fits. And so they have.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    ya but if tatupu would of tackled him we could of taken some clock off and not given the seahawks a chance to score... lol....
    I hear ya. That is a definite possibility. Then again, we may not have been able to get in the endzone had he been tackled. I'll take the TD every time!

Daspeerman is offline Registered User

I totally agree .... ill take the instant TD and trust the defense evey time .
    ( especially with our red zone offense ... LOL) . Ill take a bet on a kicker missing that 55 yarder , every time also, Gotta give Seahawks kicker his props.... the man nailed it !
    DASPEERMAN!!!!!!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave intending on arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Brown is almost automatic from 50 or longer. It's the shorter ones he has problems with. He has a huge leg, scary long, plus I think he has ice in his veins. I think he has hit 4 game winners over a span of like 12 or 13 games. Most of them from over 40. As long as we can get our holder to hold the ball with the laces out, our kicking game is fine. BUt that's the problems this year, a new holder and a new long snapper.

Congrats to Torry, 10,000 yards is a huge number and the guy is impossible to cover. I know the Hawks can't do it. That catch was absolutely sick. Amazing catch. Good game this weekend...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.