Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    viper is offline Registered User

Re: Holt Came To Play Sunday!

With all due respect to our other valuable players, aside from Marc Bulger, Holt is probably the last guy that I would get rid of. I believe he led the league last year in both receptions and yardage. He's among the elite in the league. Other teams are focusing on him this year so Bruce is getting more production. He's not perfect but I'll take his ability to catch with his hands any day, not to mention he's still young. In our offense he's a perfect fit for years to come.

Hubison, your point is well taken. Let's hope he can shake off that hit and just get back to business as usual.

Go Rams!!!

GSOT Guest

Wow... seriously you guys. Torry Holt is the second best player on this team behind Orlando Pace and you want him gone?????? Before this season you guys were roasting Bulger for not spreading the ball around more to other players like Bruce. Now he does and you complain? HUH!? Some times I dont get fans. :ramlogo:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey GSOT, were you reading my mind or something?

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

But that doesn't change the fact that the Rams need an impact MLB and trading Holt for one would work for me. As pass-happy as the Rams are, Curtis or McDonald could throw up 5 for 75 numbers just as easily. This year Holt has been pretty ordinary.
    Thats is terrible, trade the future of the receiving core? When Holt went out the passing offence slowed down. Holt draws alot of double teams to free up other guys. If Martz even thought about that trade I would personally do whatever it takes to buy the Rams so I could fire him. If someone beat me to it I would buy the next team he coached and Fire him.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Ok, so we trade Holt. Then what happens when Bruce retires? we're left with Shaun McDonald and Kevin Curtis. All of the sudden our passing game looks like that of the Baltimore Ravens.

afrightertoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Anyone who would advocate getting rid of a guy like Torry Holt simply does not know squat about football.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibid
    Ray Lewis... okay.
    I guess you don't know squat too huh? Ray Lewis for Torry Holt sounds like advocacy to me.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Where do we start? Yeah, we as in the royal we. Trading Holt when Bruce's career is coming to a close is a concern. But it is a question of risk and reward.

MB's numbers this year lend some credence to the notion that it is not the personnel that make the system but the system that makes the personnel. It should be clear by now that the Rams' success will go only so far as its defense goes. The D needs help in the worst way and it will only come with sacrifice from the O.

As Jackson matures, the O should be relying less on finesse and more on brute force. That means a pounding ground game will free up the receivers. Replace the dinky wuss receivers with big men that can go up and bring a pass down and then speed and route running don't seem as important to getting open downfield. The big receivers will just go get the high passes.

Who would have thought that the Rams would adapt without KW years ago? Well, they would again without Holt. Sure the issue is moot if someone asserts himself on D in the next 7 games, but 9 games into it does not bode well. The O cannot cover up for the shortcomings on D any longer. It needs the D's help. And in order to get that they will have to give up something of value. Getting rid of a pink tutu might be of some value.

At least threaten him with the prospect. That might kick his pansy-asss into gear at least. If the Rams had some hitters like Seattle's #34 and leveled a few receivers in scrimmage we wouldn't need to have this conversation because Holt would have already been toughened up. But we don't and it is high time to find one. Anyone for a pink tutu?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

What if Mark Clayton from OU is available in Round 2 of the draft this year?

What if Mark Clayton from OU is available in Round 2 of the draft this year?
    There's a better chance that Lance Mitchell will be available.

The D needs help in the worst way and it will only come with sacrifice from the O.
    Not by trading the second best player on the team.

RealRam is offline Registered User

No. No, we don't trade Holt!

Not for a few more years until we see if and how our receivers corps develops, OKAY!?!

Aaaaaarght! :angryram:

viper is offline Registered User

Holt and Bulger are off the table! Anyone else on the team is fair game. Although, I'd keep Stephen Jackson unless the deal was extremely attractive.
    Last edited by viper; -11-17-2004 at 07:00 PM.

elAcky Guest

I think Adarian summed it up... its no surprise to me that McDonald has developed along with the other WR's and i didn't see a big decline on productivity once he left the field against seattle.

Also, i mentioned that Holt is no TO or Moss... Did you see the hits Pitt put on TO the other week? I was pretty impressed how he got up and ran straight back to the huddle with a sly grin... few plays later he took another route right down the middle nas WHAM... that to me is a competitor !!!

Sure we might loose a great player but we bring in another in an area of true need.. Sorry, i just don't see our passing game fading away if we loose Holt.

Personally, the only untouchables i see on this team right now is Bulger, Bruce, Jackson and Pisa... well maybe Pace if he can sort out a contract...

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Getting rid of a pink tutu might be of some value.
    You know adarian, I think you hit the nail on the head. This prank pulled on the "You've been sacked" show which show-cased Torry in a pink tutu has probably had more impact than you realize. Last year Torry was a motivator. Torry was excitable. Torry was the receiver that Bulger could not stay away from. This year Torry gets made fun of and he loses the famous Torry spark.

Yes let's get rid of the pink tutus. I want to see Torry back in his old form.

And adarian, I hope we don't see the day when someone makes a fool out of me, since I am sure you will be there to judge and criticize. It is hard to trust in people, and I don't criticize Torry for trusting his teammates. He should be able to trust his teammates, but they are the ones that set him up for this prank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I can not even believe where this thread has gone. What are you guys thinking!! Are some of you anti-Rams or what? To even suggest Holt to another team is just ludicrous. UNREAL!!! And I thought the Warner/Martz thing was over the top!!!

*I am feeling sick...I need to lye down.*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast