Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: Holt Came To Play Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    ... I don't criticize Torry for trusting his teammates. He should be able to trust his teammates, but they are the ones that set him up for this prank.
    For me it is a matter of judgment. First, Holt should have had the personna that his teammates wouldn't have dared mess with making him look the fool.

Second, he should have known when to draw the line and say no, and no more. No tutu wearing. Period. Take the juvenile antics to the playground. Jokes at the expense of someone else is rarely funny.

Third, he should have crippled those two "teammates" for putting him in that predicament. Fat doughboys trying to make a name for their silliness?

The "teammates" should have been bolstering Holt's image instead of undermining it. Bad judgment all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram'sWrath
    I can not even believe where this thread has gone. What are you guys thinking!! Are some of you anti-Rams or what? To even suggest Holt to another team is just ludicrous. UNREAL!!! And I thought the Warner/Martz thing was over the top!!!

*I am feeling sick...I need to lie down.*

You want controversy? I'll give you controversy.

elAcky Guest

I'll give you a simple proven formula

trade Holt -> bring in great MLB -> win games -> Holt forgotten

thoey is offline Registered User

Are you all forgetting that we just signed Holt to a long term contract? I don't know the details, but what sort of cap hit is that going to cause? We can't afford any more dead money.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Are you all forgetting that we just signed Holt to a long term contract? I don't know the details, but what sort of cap hit is that going to cause? We can't afford any more dead money.
    No. Haven't forgotten the money pit. Release Holt, bad idea. Cap takes a hit. Trade Holt, well, we'll leave good or bad to the side for the moment. Contract terms follow Holt. Cap room freed up.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by afrightertoo
    I guess you don't know squat too huh? Ray Lewis for Torry Holt sounds like advocacy to me.
    No, that would be the exception that proves the rule, adarian.

viper is offline Registered User

Getting back to the original question, did anyone think Torry was trying to gain extra yards on that first catch as a result of Martz calling out the team last week, or was he looking for a place to fall down without getting hit?

Secondly, did anybody see any other players who seemed to have stepped up their game as a result of Martz's little chat? I thought Coady may have stepped up his game.

We need that inspired play to carry over this week into Buffalo!

Go Rams!!!

It is mind-boggling that anyone would subscribe to the notion that the tutu prank has anything whatsoever to do with Holt's performance this year or his role/status on the team.

Give me a break.

The only reasons his numbers a bit down this year are (1) he's seeing a lot more double coverage, and (2) Bulger is spreading the ball more.

The funny thing is, the people who are criticizing Holt this year are the same ones who criticized Bulger last year for locking on to a single receiver.

Holt is still one of the top 5-10 receivers in football.

This whole topic is absurd.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    This whole topic is absurd.
    The topic is inspired play, which the team needs to continue badly. I think that is a valid point for discussion. Did anybody see any inspired play? Its not a difficult question, yet few, if any, have commented on it yet.

RamTime Guest

Did anybody see anyone else step up out of the norm? I'd have to give Coady kudo's as well.
    Yea, Mike Martz

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    It is mind-boggling that anyone would subscribe to the notion that the tutu prank has anything whatsoever to do with Holt's performance this year or his role/status on the team.

Give me a break.

The only reasons his numbers a bit down this year are (1) he's seeing a lot more double coverage, and (2) Bulger is spreading the ball more.
    Yeah that's right he is making the big bucks and he is part of the Rams, that is all he should need for motivation. And Leonard Little isn't affected by his personal issues either. Avenger, they are human and their attitude and focus can be easily shifted. If Torry wants receptions, he will find a way to get them. I think he is still distracted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GSOT is offline Registered User

Holt IS a top 5 receiver in the nfl. No if ands or buts about it thats a fact. He has produced a 1200+ season ever snice his rookie season not many players can say that. The only recievers in the NFL that I would take over holt are(based on play on the feild) Moss, Owens and maybe harrison.

RamTime Guest

WOW! adarian I am pretty sure this is the first time I have disagreed with your take on anything regarding the rams but I don't see what your seeing in this case. I have always wished we could see what is going on downfield and until I can see it, I have to go with what the tv cameras bring me. 95% of that time I see a future hall of fame Receiver in Tory holt.
    Are you sure that it's not the middle linebacker that you want more then anything? I mean I kjnow how embarrasing it is to watch backs running over your linebackers all day every day and in that case I agree but not at the cost of holt. Looker? OK but not Holt.

To be more precise - the direction that this topic has taken is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by viper3
    Getting back to the original question, did anyone think Torry was trying to gain extra yards on that first catch as a result of Martz calling out the team last week, or was he looking for a place to fall down without getting hit?
    I'm sorry. Did I fail to stay on point? My apologies again. Holt did what he has done for some time now - looked for a place to fall down. That is inspite of or despite of MM. Doesn't matter which. Either way it was more of the same.

Did any inspired play come from anywhere else? Aeneas' pursuit, tackle, forced fumble, and fumble recovery attempt was pure inspiration. That I attribute to self-motivation. Beyond that a lot of people were just playing their part. Hard to say what they heard.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanRam'sSeerOfTheFuture
    The issue isn't that wearing the tutu caused a decline in performance or role. The issue is that wearing the tutu defined his present level of maturity. To me it has not progressed nearly enough for all of the accolades that are being heaped on him. HOF candidate? Not a given yet. His game is being defined as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime'sAtTheMike
    Are you sure that it's not the middle linebacker that you want more then anything?
    There is no denying I much prefer to win by sheer annhilation. A healthy balance of O & D & ST would be nice. Not getting that, I'll take bone-crushing, spittle-drooling, troglodytes on D. Any one not up to takin' and givin' 'n asss-wuppin', givin' as good as their gettin', can take a hike. Wusses next car over. Got nuthin' to do with numbers. Everything to do with attitude. Rams buttt heads for fun. That's what they do. That's the program. Pretty darn simple. You want dainty, take ballet.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_been_swimmin_in_the_still_again
    There is no denying I much prefer to win by sheer annhilation. A healthy balance of O & D & ST would be nice. Not getting that, I'll take bone-crushing, spittle-drooling, troglodytes on D. Any one not up to takin' and givin' 'n asss-wuppin', givin' as good as their gettin', can take a hike. Wusses next car over. Got nuthin' to do with numbers. Everything to do with attitude. Rams buttt heads for fun. That's what they do. That's the program. Pretty darn simple. You want dainty, take ballet.
    Is that where the pink tutu comes in?
    This space for rent...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast