Josh Guest

Holt not Elite anymore???

Where does Torry Holt belong on draft boards? What do you expect from him this season? -- D. Gill, Pittsburgh, Pa.

Michael Fabiano: Holt has fallen from the elite wideouts in fantasy football, but he's still quite valuable. In fact, the veteran out of North Carolina State should still be seen as a borderline No. 1 or 2 fantasy wideout. He has posted at least 93 receptions and close to 10 touchdowns in each of his past five seasons, and the return of a healthy Marc Bulger should mean another solid season in 2008. Based on his past success, Holt should be guaranteed to produce 90-plus catches, 1,100-1,300 yards and seven to nine touchdowns. He should come off the board in the first half of the middle rounds of most drafts.

ok if holt was to post those numbers, wouldnt he be elite? I am tired of these ONE year wonders passing over torry holt. Like Braylon edwards.. It sickens me.. doesnt anybody know the true term for consistancy?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Holt not Elite anymore???

Well, Braylon Edwards isn't considered elite yet. Trust me, in the near future he may be the top WR...

I do believe Holt will remain our #1 receiver till he retires or leaves...I hope its the first option.

YodaRam Guest

I'm going to hold out on calling Holt "fallen from the elite..." . I'm hoping to have a better barometer on Torry this year. I have to think that it will depend on whether he believes in the offensive game plan of coordinator Al Saunders. And Torry's health.
    That being said, outside of the sacks and offensive breakdowns, i have never seen Torry pull up short on his routes like i did last season.Injured. O.K. but how much of that was mental because of his discontent with Linehan. .... Also, I am not happy about any player talking about where he would like to play to finish his career outside of the team that he currently plays for. It's bad mojo. With Linehan still the head coach, can Holt get over the bad blood and perform at a high level? I think so. Hopefully, somebody has reminded him of where he came from and what it means to be a "pro". ....yes, all people have to be given a reminder. A "snap-back" wake up call!

RAM ON!
    Last edited by YodaRam; -07-17-2008 at 12:41 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Bad knees has it's toll. One of the reasons Faulk is gone. Must be that astro-turf. At any rate, Holt still has the potential to be one of the best receivers in the league. If he wants to close out his career in Carolina, then he has to post the numbers so that this team could even show interest in him. That being said, I think he is obliged to perform not only on account of this but he owes it to the fans that support him and his own sportsman ethic. Holt is still a classy guy, I can't wait to see what he will do as our undisputed number one.

Avery and Burton are privileged to have two of the best to coach and inspire them through the beginning of their career in the NFL, Ellard and Holt.

Holt #1 WR!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Bad knees has it's toll. One of the reasons Faulk is gone. Must be that astro-turf. At any rate, Holt still has the potential to be one of the best receivers in the league. If he wants to close out his career in Carolina, then he has to post the numbers so that this team could even show interest in him. That being said, I think he is obliged to perform not only on account of this but he owes it to the fans that support him and his own sportsman ethic. Holt is still a classy guy, I can't wait to see what he will do as our undisputed number one.

Avery and Burton are privileged to have two of the best to coach and inspire them through the beginning of their career in the NFL, Ellard and Holt.

Holt #1 WR!
    Rammer, I hope that you are right . But for Holt to "publicly" announce the intention to play for another team does not give me the warm and fuzzies. I'm going to zip my mouth now.

RAM ON!

itsguud is offline Registered User

I have been reading crap from 'Fabino' all off-season. He changes his position every week it seems only last week I was reading that he said "Torry Holt will be a bargain this year, as most FF owners believe he is on the down-slope of his career. Yet Holt is the most consistent WR in Football and has been for a long time. He should be taken in the top 6-7 WR's as defenses will be worried more about S-Jax and will give him a lot of 1-1 coverage. Plus Bulger is healthy and the two play together very well."

So I wouldn't believe every thing this guy says. Holt is amazing, always has been always will be. Pulling up last year, good. I'm glad he did. It would have been pointless for him to go out and get hurt and not be able ot play this year just to give a little more to last years season that wasn't. Of course I'm worried about his relationship with the coach. I truly believe that the players, and more importantly the vets. relationships with SL will be the biggest problem for us to overcome this year. Almost like an "Any Given Sunday" type thing, except our captain doesn't like him.