Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Holt tells Rams he wants out

Hell noo!!!To T.O.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Everywhere T.O. has played, there have been problems that have never translated into winning except early in his 49'ers career ...

Umm...the Eagles went to the Super Bowl the first year he played with them. They were ONLY 13-3. Last time I checked...that translates to WINNING. He was hurt (broken bone in his leg?) and missed the start of the playoffs but came back and played his a$$ off in the SB....which they lost by 3. Get your facts right.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Yodude is offline Registered User

Umm...the Eagles went to the Super Bowl the first year he played with them. They were ONLY 13-3. Last time I checked...that translates to WINNING. He was hurt (broken bone in his leg?) and missed the start of the playoffs but came back and played his a$$ off in the SB....which they lost by 3. Get your facts right.
    Good point. I might add that T.O. will go as far as T.O. is allowed to go.

Whatever bulls*** he has gotten away with in the past has been because the coaching staffs and organizations have allowed it to happen. Not that I want T.O. on the Rams, but let me point out another receiver that was pretty much considered a cancer everywhere he went. Remember Randy Moss? Haven't heard a peep out of him since he joined the Pats. I wonder why that is. Maybe a part of a good coaching staff's skill is how they manage different personalities. Again...not saying I want T.O., just saying that a good, strong-willed coach, who's not a pussy, as long as he has the support of the front office and the owner, should be able to handle a player with T.O.'s skill and personality and get him to perform without disrupting the locker room.

Say what you want about T.O.'s maturity level, but the guy has produced everywhere he's played. He's a competitor, wants to win, plays hurt and is not a criminal....that's not too bad in today's NFL if you ask me. Is he a baby? Sure. But in his defense...Garcia IS gay...McNabb IS a choke artist...and Romo, well, I've never really been that impressed with Romo, very over-rated if you ask me.

One other thing...let's not pretend that it's all about character in the NFL. If that were the case, we would still have Warner....probably the best "character guy" in the NFL, who also happens to be playing pretty well for someone who's "washed up". This is a business, right? It's all about winning and money. So why would you expect any team to be made up entirely of boy scouts? How many people that post here work for a company that has no T.O.'s on its staff? Not many I would venture to guess. And I'm guessing that you as an employee have to get along and work with these "T.O.'s" on a regular basis. Anf if there's an issue or personality clash, you guys better get over it or management will take care of it. So why would you expect the NFL to be any diffferent?

Just saying.
    Last edited by Yodude; -03-06-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

live4ramin is offline Registered User

t. o. even managed to steal this thread and threatens to split THE CLAN to sunder*.

* necessary over the top dramatic verbage.

Let the hype begin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12