Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Holt will have surgery

Holt will have surgery
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    01/13/2007

Rams wide receiver Torry Holt has decided to undergo knee surgery. As a result, he has pulled out of the Pro Bowl next month in Honolulu. Holt will be replaced by Detroit wide receiver Roy Williams on the NFC all-star squad.

Coach Scott Linehan said Friday night that the surgery probably will take place within the next couple of weeks. The knee surgery will be Holt's second in his eight seasons with the Rams.

Holt has been bothered by knee problems since the middle of the 2005 season. He thought about cleanup surgery after the '05 campaign but decided against it. The knee problem flared up again this season, when Holt came up limping after a touchdown catch Dec. 3 against Arizona.

The problem affected his play over the final four games of the season to the point where Holt went limping into the locker room after the Rams ended their regular season with a 41-21 victory at Minnesota on New Year's Eve.

It is believed that Holt has torn cartilage, which can be repaired through arthroscopic surgery. Barring complications, the surgery should not affect his ability to be ready for training camp or the 2007 season.

Ram-blings

Denver has asked for and received permission to interview Rams defensive quality control coach Joe Baker for a position on the Broncos' coaching staff believed to be linebackers coach.

WR Marques Hagans, DE Michael Brown and OT Drew Strojny have signed one-year contracts. All were on the Rams' practice squad this season. All eight players who finished the year on the practice squad have been signed to the offseason roster.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Holt will have surgery

Well, while it's never a good thing that you have to have surgery, I guess it's the best for him now. I love the Rams chances of a playoff run next year, but we'll need Holt at his best and full speed.

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Sad to see him out of the pro-bowl..:\

Couyldn't he have the surgery after the pro-bowl, or was it just getting too painful??

blood85 is offline Registered User

I know this is not the appropriate place to ask, but could someone please tell me how to post a new thread, where and the basic steps?
    thank you
    Is

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I know this is not the appropriate place to ask, but could someone please tell me how to post a new thread, where and the basic steps?
    thank you
    Basically, on the page where u read this thread for instance, up near the top left , you will see new topic. That will prompt you to put in the title/subject and then it will have a box below it to put the content in. Sorry to be so vague, PM me if u need to know more.

Also, I think Holt wanted to get it done asap to ensure that he does not miss any offseason activities. Many more pro bowls ahead for him!!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

This is actually good news. It has hampered him for too long. This should allow him to return to full speed and improve his ability to make cuts and run patterns more effectively. With the inability to plant and fake out defenders, his patterns were probably easier for defenders to cover. It should be a relatively short rehab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    This is actually good news. It has hampered him for too long. This should allow him to return to full speed and improve his ability to make cuts and run patterns more effectively. With the inability to plant and fake out defenders, his patterns were probably easier for defenders to cover. It should be a relatively short rehab.
    Amen, Sarge! He needs to get it cleared up now, and get prepared for next season. For that matter, I wouldn't mind a hang-nail or something keeping Bulger and SJ out of the Pro Bowl as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Best wishes to U Torry for a successful intervention and an improved knee. Take care. :r