Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yodachu is offline Registered User

Re: Holt's tirade against Linehan is cause for great concern

I don't buy too much into it, Holt is a competetor, and he hates to lose. And right now we are losing, so he got ticked.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
    I don't buy too much into it, Holt is a competetor, and he hates to lose. And right now we are losing, so he got ticked.
    Oh please it is so much more than that and you know it. Linehan has not done a good job whatsoever as a head coach and it shows by his lack of second half adjustments and the fact that he laughed when Marc threw an interception. That is awful to me, and it shows that he is a quitter. If anything you can say Holt is not a quitter and does not want to be apart of "quitting". The fact that someone else has said that there has been way more than just 3 outbursts concerns me as well. Obviously like others have said, this has become a vicious trend and it must come to an end by firing his ass.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
    Oh, please.

Torry is nearly 8 years into a HOF career and has never had an outburst on the sideline like this.

Do you really think its a coincidence that this occurred when the Rams were playing on national TV? Linehan embarrassed the team, and Torry let him know how he felt about that.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Henry Ellard for OC.........................
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    "And that's only the third that's been caught on camera," cracked one locker-room wise guy.

That was a great quote. I bet for every one we have seen, 10 more are happening.

Linehan has lost this team. The players can say what they want to reporters, they don't tell the truth anyway. It's their actions on the field that counts and when Holt blows up at you.......that is the gold standard for losing a team.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. It's foolish to take the players comments to the press at face value, all you have to do is watch the games to see it - Linehan has lost this team. Look at any offensive players face out there, what do you see? Either they're looking completely dull (most of the team) or they angrily voice their displeasure with Linehan (Torry Holt, Steven Jackson etc.). Linehan has lost the team, please open your eyes Mr. Shaw, we need a new coach.
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -12-21-2007 at 06:53 PM.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Exclamation Re: Holt's tirade against Linehan is cause for great concern

I have to say after the game last night, it just added up to too much: Too many Steeler fans (barely felt at home other than the marshall ceremony and the fact it was nationally televised) has to send a message. Booing Shaw and Zygmunt, not going for it on 4th down when down by a TD (I believe it was 31-24, what had we to lose?) and the ensuing crowd boos of Linehan's playcall. But Torry unloading on Linehan just seemed HUGE to me. Even if it was just Torry being pissed that Linehan was under-utilizing him, and was just losing a temper, let's not forget it's Holt, not T.O. It just demonstrates this type of season and I think the Rams were trying to get a message out. Marshall even at one point I remember (glad I recorded the game) hinted at how Linehan hadn't been doing what he was paid to do and what they expected of him *wink *cough* *wink*. Front Office needs a change, and coaching staff, but I (don't know about everyone else) would like to keep Haslett, and maybe go for Dorsey or C. Long (though Dorsey would be gone probalby and C. Long may fit our needs better) and shoot for alot of O-linemen in later rounds this upcoming draft. I remember people on this board after the mini OJ-S. Jackson scrammble during training camp and something with Barron and Cogs were overreacting, that "tension between the Rams" was building. Like I said earlier, that didn't turn out to be anything. I think Torry's frustration got the better of himself in this incident, but I think it sends a clear message (in the bigger picture) about this season and a way for the country to see how Linehan has been conducting this team. No doubt this season fueled some of that anger at Linehan. Yes it is a 3 win injury-plagued team, but teams have gone through tough times and it seems we are close to firing this second year coach, who has shown he cannot handle this team properly (obvously, no one on this team has confidence in him). The nation could see the fans have no confidence here, and when Marshall was on the podium, he thanked the fans for making each game fun and showed what homefield was like, and making each game "seem like a playoff game". Marshall was sending a message. I hope the fans continue to fill the stands and I hope Shaw and Z listened to Marshall's message and the boos directed at them.

Sigh
    :r:l

Hey Linny....
    :waiting:

ITS :notworking:
    Last edited by prof22693; -12-21-2007 at 09:11 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Henry Ellard for OC...

:r Wouldn't mind seeing that at all!

PS: AV, I have to admit it, your antiSL campaign / belief is winning voters.

yodachu is offline Registered User

I guess I didn't get the whole story. That Torry was acting more professional than Linehan. That Linehan was laughing because for whatever reason while we were down 17. If this is true, I its just awful and we should fire his butt right now and let Haslett coach the team the last game of the year cuz c'mon laughing when ur down 17 in the NFL? Sounds like the Rams have been going pee-wee style and "playing for fun".

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

The story on NFL.com says Torry went off on Linehan's play calling...maybe he's been to our board once or twice...

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Hey, just because the team's three biggest stars have either publically blown up at the man or blew him off on the sidelines, doesn't mean they don't have his utmost respect for him and aren't a 100% behind him!!!

(BTW, I was rolling my eyes while typing that...)

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Bottom line is Linny has a worse record than Rich Brooks and is no where near where Martz' record was. Injuries or not, he is in over his head and is unprofessional as a head coach in the NFL. I consider the experiment a loss and would like to cut further losses at this time and try someone else.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Hey, just because the team's three biggest stars have either publically blown up at the man or blew him off on the sidelines, doesn't mean they don't have his utmost respect for him and aren't a 100% behind him!!!

(BTW, I was rolling my eyes while typing that...)
    What a coincidence, I was rolling my eyes while reading it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12