laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Question How about this can of worms ?

Didn't the Rams trade some draft picks to the Colts and received Marshall Marshall Marshall Faulk in return ?

The Colts positioned themselves to draft Edgerrin James that year.

Marshall or Edge ? Should the Rams have made that deal ?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: How about this can of worms ?

Yes. Marshall was the best offensive player in the league several years after that trade and it's because of the addition of him that we won a Super Bowl.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Here is what we traded to get Faulk:
    Indianapolis Colts traded Marshall Faulk to the St. Louis Rams for 2nd (Mike Peterson) and 5th (Brad Scioli) round selections in 1999. You never get that type of value for those picks. I would like to make 22 more of those type trades then we would have an MVP candidate at every position. I would have wanted Faulk over James even after James first year in the league.

In 1999 he was traded to a struggling St Louis Rams.

But Faulk overcame his disappointment to rush them to a Superbowl XXXIV win over the Tennessee Titans.

In a remarkable 2000 he was named Offensive Player of the Year and voted the NFL's MVP after pushing the NFL record of season touchdowns to 26, one better than Emmitt Smith's 1995 mark.

Faulk also became the only player in NFL history to score four touchdowns in a game three times in one season.

And he became only the second player in league history to gain at least 2,000 yards in three consecutive seasons, alongside NFL great Jim Brown.
    Marshall William Faulk (born February 26, 1973 in New Orleans, Louisiana).

He was drafted 2nd overall by the Indianapolis Colts in 1994. He was traded to the St. Louis Rams before the 1999 season. In his first year in St. Louis he helped the Rams win the Super Bowl. He was the catalyst for "The Greatest Show on Turf", which was the Rams offense's nickname. Faulk was the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year for three years in a row, from 1999-2001. In 1999, he set the NFL record for yards from scrimmage, with 1,381 rushing yards, and 1,048 receiving yards for a total of 2,429 yards. Faulk was the NFL MVP in 2000, and was a close runner-up to Rams quarterback Kurt Warner in 2001.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-14-2005 at 07:36 PM.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

An amazing steal of a deal for the Rams. Of course, the Rams gave the Colts a Hall of Fame RB 10 years earlier so they owed us one back. I can't believe they didn't even get a 1st rounder for Faulk. Dickerson was traded for 2 RBs, three 1st round picks AND three 2nd round picks, but those kind of trades are long gone thanks to free agency. Another thing I always think of with the Colts is that they picked Marvin Harrison one pick after the Rams took Eddie Kennison.

(sorry for going off topic..!)

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    Another thing I always think of with the Colts is that they picked Marvin Harrison one pick after the Rams took Eddie Kennison.
    Marvin would have looked good wearing the horns along with Bruce and Holt. As long as we still draft Holt in 1999 which I think he is better then Marvin.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-14-2005 at 08:39 PM.