RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

How about Fahkir Brown pulling a Merriman?

I wonder if Fahkir Brown could use the same legal trick that Merriman used against us last season - start some appeal process and then later turn around and accept the suspension but only after postponing it by a week. It was a dirty move on Merriman's part trying to make sure he would miss 4 games against the weakest possible opponents, but hey if that's legal we should be able to take advantage also. As I see it the situations look very similar they're both accused of taking illegal substances and due to serve a 4 game suspension.

If Brown could pull such a move it would result in him being able to play against the Panthers and miss the 5th game against the Cardinals instead, as I see it that would be advantageous to us (Arizona may have good receivers, but so has Carolina and they are clearly IMO a stronger team overall - more of a chance that we lose that game than against Arizona).

Does anyone know why this may or may not be possible? It should at least be investigated by the Rams/Brown.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: How about Fahkir Brown pulling a Merriman?

Yeah I was thinking the same a few days ago, but there is that thing about the NFL not announcing suspensions unless the appeal process has been exhausted or whatever. Didn't we know about Merrimans before he appealed thought? so what happened there?? I feel like I'm missing something....

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same a few days ago, but there is that thing about the NFL not announcing suspensions unless the appeal process has been exhausted or whatever. Didn't we know about Merrimans before he appealed thought? so what happened there?? I feel like I'm missing something....
    That's what I was thinking. The story then was that Merriman had to appeal the suspension by a certain date, and so he waited for an opportune time to announce he wasn't appealing. Maybe that has changed with the new sheriff in town (Goodell).

GreatCowGuru is offline Registered User

The Guru does not see this happening. For one, he has already appealed. Secondly, even though Fakhir would help us on the field during the Panthers game, we should accept the situation and moooooove on with our lives.

clarasDK is online now Registered User

Totally of topic! Just wanted to say nice to see another Rams fan from Denmark

Hvor er du fra