Rampingitup is offline Registered User

How about this for head coach?

What would you all think about Mike Singeltary for Head Coach. I do not think there is any question he would bring a LOT of intensity to the table.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Re: How about this for head coach?

I thought of him...But I'm just so paronoid of who takes over our Rams now. I think that nobodys good enough. Lol

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

One of the things I remember most was his eyes. I keep seeing game shots of him on the field and the way he stared just under the edge of his helment. He could bore holes right through someone to get to the QB. And as much as I like a high powered offense, I would like to get back to having a good defense too. When was the last time people were afraid of our defense? You have to go back to when Jack and Jim Youngblood were on the team. Other than them you have to go back to the Fearsome Foursom. But Jack and Jim (no relation) I can still remember folks talking about getting sandwiched. We have a chance to get to that. Chris Long is a good start, Little is still showing how he can play. Get one or two more really decent Linemen or DBs and we can at least begin. I think Mike could do a great job building a solid defense, and still not ingnore rebuilding the O line. We need to start thinking about a replacement for Pace, and the rest of the line needs to go. Barron has an upside on the talent area, but he just can't keep his head int he game and play smart. False starts, facemasks, stupid things that kill drives. And he has been around long enough to have worked this out.

So again I think Mike would do a good job. Having said that Marty S. is good at the nuts and bolts of building and rebuilding a whole franchise. And he has enough credibility that I do not think anyone on the team would question him.

Haslet is just not the right guy in my opnion at this time.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

As a player in his prime all day long...

As a coach what does he bring as a head coach? The Rams need to be very selective and find a coach that knows how to lead a team and develop a system/philosphy.

I know Jim H. is not that coach...

BEER is offline Registered User

Talking Re: How about this for head coach?

Marty, Bilick, Vermille, and Cower are the ones I want at the end of the year.
    Hasslet sucked in NO and he sucked here just as the D coach. The only
    team Hasbeen was able to beat in his days in NO was the RAMS. And that
    playoff game he won was only because of Hakiem fumbling the ball on the
    kickoff..

39thebeast is offline Registered User

we need someone who brings more experience to the table Linehan has creates bigger messes than George Bush.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Jim Schwartz, DC of the Titans. He has them playing well as a TEAM and thusly they have the best defense in the league. Or, Rex Ryan, of Baltimore, one of the best DC's for a long time. At the very least, he'll get us some smash mouth tacklers for LB's. The last DC that I have to offer is Steve Spagnolo, the DC of the Giants. See last year's super bowl for his reference. Last one, Jim Johnson of the Eagles.

As for offensive minds, Al Saunders, in house, and already installing his offense. My first vote, and definitely has my vote to stay as OC next year. Tom Moore, of Indy. He'll never jump ship, but definitely a great mind. Mike Martz... had to say it. Jason Garrett, if somehow he's not promoted by Dallas. And finally, Cam Cameron. Yes, he was in over his head last year in Miami, but I have faith in him and think that if given time, he could do great things with our offensive stars.