Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Question How about Marshall faulk ?

i heard on some sports show here in NY that faulk is on his way out the door and is on the brink of retirement . i think he should retire and become HC anyone agree ?

Torry Holt Dont play that

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: How about Marshall faulk ?

Na. Start him out lower. He will develop into a great HC some day though.
    RamsFan16

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

I'd take Marshall as a HC today! NO IF ANDS OR BUTS about it! Smart football player and not too many out there that are more knowledgable!!! Plus i believe that Shaw and Company would give him more room to work with!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    I'd take Marshall as a HC today! NO IF ANDS OR BUTS about it! Smart football player and not too many out there that are more knowledgable!!! Plus i believe that Shaw and Company would give him more room to work with!
    I agree Angels.Marshall knows Marts Offence,and I think he could call a better Game,at least I know he'd call a better game than Fairchild.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

chiguy is offline Registered User

You guys can't be serious. Being a HC is the equivalent of being a CEO of a fairly large company. MF probably will be a pretty good coach some day, but he has no experience in evaluating talent, managing the day-to-day operations, setting up schemes, etc. There's a huge difference between being exposed to that stuff and having to do it for yourself.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd love to see him as a player/coach as the RB coach. Give him some time learning how to coach players, then let him work up the ladder. He'll be a HC someday.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rip32 is offline Registered User

I hope if he does decide to retire after this year we are able to keep him on the staff in some kind of assistant position and groom him to be our future HC.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

well i think marshall will stay back up for one more year then thats it retirement
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz
    i think he should retire and become HC anyone agree ?
    I certainly do not.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Nope, keep him. If he decides to retire this year, then offer him the position as RB coach.
    Same for Bruce....if he wants to go, promote Ellard, and put Rev. Ike in at WR coach.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

A few things to keep in mind about Marshall being a head coach.

1) most people that retire are looking to move on for a while. I am guessing the last thing Marshall will want to do when he steps down is return to football immediately. He does think pretty highly of the golf coarse.

2) Being a Head Coach is not an easy task and it is not one a player would, should or could move into with NO experience. If Marshall wants to coach some day, you all need to give him time to learn job.

Although I appreciate your enthusiasm about Marshall, I don't the his ready to assume the responsibility of a Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator or even a Running Back Coach at this point and time in his life.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Well i can't agree with a few of you guys on this one. Marshall willdefinatly know talent and i'd be willing to bet that he could be a HC at any given time! He is one of the smartest guys out there. Why do you need experience to coach football anyhow? All half of these guys have done is be an assistant somewhere! Marshall has been around long enough to know what most of these coaches know! half of the coaches out there have never even played the game and they are coaches! I'll agree that there are some players out there that wouldn't be able to coach but, Marshall i do believe could step right in and do it. Football is football period. Just gets faster and more competitive is all at this level! Marshall's probably been around this game for at least 20 years or so so i'd say he has had plenty of experience.

tanus is offline Registered User

thank god you dont make important decisions for the rams.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Someday, not today, tomorrow, or the next day, mind you, but someday Faulk will be a fine coach. However, of all the things Faulk needs to learn and all the skills Faulk will have to acquire between now and then, one of them is overcoming the "Larry Bird Syndrome". LBS is what happens when a world-class player first gets into coaching and realizes that not everyone is as good as they were. It becomes very frustrating for the new coach and his team.

Bottomline, even top-notch players have whole new skill sets to learn before becoming solid coaches.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Marshall will step away from the game for a while after he retires. He'll probably get onto the golf course and work on his swing. He wont step right back into football because he wont want to get burned out. He cant step in and be a head coach because...

1.)He has no experience as an assistant coach or how to gameplan for an opponent. Gameplanning on what to do yourself as opposed to what your team can do are two completely different things.

2.)He needs experience in developing players. He has never done that and it is a lot more difficult than people think.

3.)He'll have to learn that not every RB or player can do what he does. This is something that he will learn as a RB coach.

I see Faulk going in a motion like this...

5-10 years later...RB coach for the St.Louis Rams
    13-15 years later...OC for the St.Louis Rams
    17-18 years later...HC somewhere in the league.

Football is in Marshall's blood and he's smart enough to be a great coach. He just needs time to develop into one.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast