Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How about a nice cool splash of reality, folks?

1. The Rams are better than they were in 2009.

2. The Rams still have a lot to do before they become a true playoff contender.

3. Despite their flaws, it is not impossible that the Rams could challenge for the NFC West Title.

4. That said, it is improbable.

5. Any trade for a WR at this point must involve a player who will not only be a significant upgrade in 2010 (11 games remaining), but also a player who will be better in the long run than the type(s) of players who could be obtained in the draft with the choices that would be surrendered in a trade.

6. There may not be any available players who fit that description.

7. Sam Bradford is having a good rookie campaign.

8. Sam Bradford is a rookie, and rookie QBs generally make mistakes.

9. However badly you are feeling after Sunday, it could be worse. Just ask a Dallas, Minnesota or San Francisco fan.

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Re: How about a nice cool splash of reality, folks?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

5. Any trade for a WR at this point must involve a player who will not only be a significant upgrade in 2010 (11 games remaining), but also a player who will be better in the long run than the type(s) of players who could be obtained in the draft with the choices that would be surrendered in a trade.

6. There may not be any available players who fit that description.
    Great point. Although I know we are all ready for a Rams push to the playoffs, we are still a team in a rebuilding phase. I think Devaney, Spags, & Co. understand this. This team is being built towards multiple years of success, not just a surprise 2010 campaign.

Go Rams!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

So if we trade a 4th for a guy who is actually capable of learning the playbook, would that work for you? Sees as we burned a 4th on a guy who can't.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Personally I see this as a great time to make a move, the division is wide open.

I don't think trading a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick in 2012 would hinder our rebuilding process.

However, I do think adding a big time wr would greatly improve our chances of winning the division.

Our goal should be to win the division, and win it for the next decade.

I think winning this year would do more for our team then any second round pick can do.

Winning will bring us back to respectability.

It will draw free agents back to St. Louis.

No more guys like Bryan Westbrook blowing us off to go to a contender.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Personally I see this as a great time to make a move, the division is wide open.

I don't think trading a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick in 2012 would hinder our rebuilding process.

However, I do think adding a big time wr would greatly improve our chances of winning the division.

Our goal should be to win the division, and win it for the next decade.

I think winning this year would do more for our team then any second round pick can do.

Winning will bring us back to respectability.

It will draw free agents back to St. Louis.

No more guys like Bryan Westbrook blowing us off to go to a contender.
    Mob, I agree......winning fixes all sorts of woes. However, I think the two bold statements above may be mutually exclusive. The decade long winning franchises (Colts, Pats, Steelers) didn't get that way by trading away 2nd and 3rd rounders.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

Like I said last week when we all were riding high. We will look back at those first 2 games with great anger come the turning point of the season.

Now with Avery and Clayton out and our TE's all banged up we need some Young guys to step up and find a way to create 1st downs and get the ball down the field.

Bradford is throwing underneath to Danny too much and isn't having a chance to complete passes down the field.

Let's see if the coaching staff can make something happen with our offense over the next 3 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    So if we trade a 4th for a guy who is actually capable of learning the playbook, would that work for you? Sees as we burned a 4th on a guy who can't.
    No, we didn't. We spent a 4th on a guy who HASN'T yet FULLY learned the playbook.

There is, in fact, a difference.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

No, we didn't. We spent a 4th on a guy who HASN'T yet FULLY learned the playbook.

Tch....Enough of your namby-pamby excuses. NFL history is littered with 4th round WRs that tear it up right out of the gate in similar individual and team situations, AV.

I'm not going to waste my typing breath naming them all for you. I'll let Peoria do the honors........

I certainly hope that was sarcasm, because for every 4th round WR you could name who "tore it up" as a rookie, I can name at least five 1st round WRs who took 2-3 years to develop.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Sort of.

The Yet is also a point of concern. Especially when Amendola has to show him where to line up on game day.

For the record, I'm not calling for him to tear it up right out of the gate (although seeing him run some more deep routes would be nice Pat, since that plays to his physcial abilities and in turn was why we drafted him anyway). I am, however, calling for him to not need the assistance of another guy about knowing where to start the play this far into the season.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I certainly hope that was sarcasm, because for every 4th round WR you could name who "tore it up" as a rookie, I can name at least five 1st round WRs who took 2-3 years to develop.
    I have a bad back, AV; I really can't shovel the sarcasm any faster or in larger quantities.

Glad we cleared that up. LOL

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    To add to Av's point Spags even pointed out in his press conference yesterday that is has not been fair to Gilyard because they have had to ask him to play all of the receiving positions.

It's easier if you are the slot to come in and learn the slot but he has been asked to basically know were ever receiver is supposed to be on every play.

Not impossible but definitly not a sign the guy isn't bright.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

You know what always amazes me, the people that dissappear when we win games. I'm not going to name them, we all know who they are. They came back what...fifteen minutes after the loss to Detroit and all the negativity came back with them.

ludairv is offline Registered User

just sit back and enjoy the games, if they screw up, they screw up, just hope they have the desire to work endlessley to improve afterwards. Also dont expect falcons or dolphin like turnarounds cuz this team just doenst have the talent pool yet...... If they dont improve at a steady pace, Well then it helps out our fantasy teams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast